• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
February 10, 2015

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed the following free agents:

NFL
PLAYER POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT D.O.B. EXP. COLLEGE
Tyler Larsen OL 6-4 315 7/8/91 1 Utah State
Ty Nsekhe ^ OL 6-8 325 10/27/85 1 Texas State

^ “en-SECK-he”

30 year old mammoth OT.

Only one year of experience?

Did he come over from WWE? 😀

Maybe he'll be our NT on passing downs...swatting down passes Motumbo style saying "NO NO NO"!

You never know when you'll run across a Joe Jacoby type.

Sometimes it pays to flip over rocks.

Was curious if the OT was in the service or not...could be a Robert McCune (sp) type thing.

You mean a 'let's waste time on a guy who lacks the talent to play in the NFL' thing? I would be very surprised if either of these guys makes the 53 man roster.

Was curious if the OT was in the service or not...could be a Robert McCune (sp) type thing.

I bet he doesn't look anywhere near as good shirtless as McCune, though... :gorgeous:

Nick

After wasting 3 years hiding Adam Gettis and Josh LeRibeus on the roster to show the team didn't make a mistake in picking them, at least now we are signing players that have the size to compete and will probably come in here a lot hungier to do what is asked of them.

My father told me recently that his recollection of Vince Lombardi was that in 1969 when he came here he brought in player after player and plugged them into spots to see if they could play and then kept bringing in more.

Jimmy Johnson did the same thing in Dallas in 1989/90. Bill Walsh did the same thing in 1979.

Out of all that turnover these teams found some valuable contributors that 'came out of nowhere'.

But you won't find these players if you hold onto spots as the Redskins did in 2014 and enter the season with a 3-13 returning team that according to Bruce Allen had a 'limited number of spots available' on the roster.

How do you finish 3-13 and have only a limited number of spots free for upgrade or competition?

It was mind-boggling to hear Allen say that.

It was just a case of denial.

And then you take a player with your first pick in the draft in Trent Murphy and say the plan is he might not play much his rookie season?????????????????????????????????????????????????

As the saying goes 'COME ON MAN!'.......................

Good points BT...if the environment doesn't change here the results never will. Produce and you play, don't and you get shipped. It has to be that way. Better talent selection and a change in that part of the culture alone will make us dramatically better. I also think, from an organizational standpoint, that it's crucial that Bruce Allen stay out of personnel and football decision-making. The guy is not competent in that area. I don't even want him giving 'input' on football and player matters. McLovin needs to be allowed to be a true football GM with zero interference from his 'boss'.

This isn't the 60s, 70s, or 80s. There is a salary cap now and the days of having players that are a coach's "guys" are few and far between.

The sooner that mindset sets in and we stop dwelling on the 80s the better off people will be as well.

Good news is that the last team Scot was with, the Seahawks, this is exactly what they did. I think they had the most player transactions in the entire league those years he was there. Just churn the backend of the roster as much as you can and hope you can find a gem from someone's practice squad/scraps or an UDFA. I mean, why not?

Actually Gibbs' 1982 Super Bowl team could easily have been constructed during the cap era.

Outside of Riggins, Theismann, Butz and Moseley you had a roster of mostly younger draft picks and free agents that were on their rookie deals. Quite a number of the mid-tier vets were late rounders too and would not have been earning top money.

Look at the offensive line.

Grimm was a second year player taken in Round 3.

Jacoby was a second year player who went undrafted.

Bostic was acquired on waivers from the Eagles at age 23.

Mark May was a 1981 pick like Grimm.

Only George Starke would have carried a decent cap number as a 9 year veteran.

Wide receivers?

Monk was still on his rookie deal.

Charlie Brown was an 8th round pick.

Alvin Garrett like Bostic was acquired on waivers from a division rival, in this case the Giants.

The basic values underlying how you build a successful team have not really changed that much.

The Redskins of George Allen did sign a lot of veteran free agents and trade picks. That would be a no-no today.

But recall in the 1970's it was still the Steelers and Cowboys with draft built rosters that won the Super Bowl 6 times.

Redskins have brought in Vernon Gholston for offseason audition at OLB/DE. 6'4 and 258. #6 overall pick in 2008, spent 4 years in NY, didn't post a single sack.

Evidently, he didn't work hard enough to carve out an NFL career.

At 28, and two years out of the game, he is now committed and wants to give it another shot.

This I gotta see.

But to McCloughan's credit, he is doing what Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, and Bill Parcells did when taking over a lackluster roster.

Grab as many guys with the measurables to be successful and see how many of them stick.

At least unlike last year we don't have 17 or 18 of the starting 22 spots 'nailed' down as Bruce Allen said before the draft.

Yep, how about Scott Boras and the Nationals? 😳

He's practically a co-owner of the franchise.

At 6-8, we should use this Nsekhe guy on Special Teams, to block field goals.
For once, we could be on the blocking end of a Field Goal or PAT, rather than the one having it blocked all the time.

When was the last time we made a key play on special teams at all?

Other than a long Tress Way punt it's been years.

Did we replace our ST coach this off-season? So many changes, I can't remember...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.