• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Stadium Plans - Much Sooner Than Expected

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
Looks like we could have a new stadium much sooner than expected. Sounds like it would be in NOVA - not too far from Redskins Park. It will likely have a retractable roof. They hope to host a Super Bowl, College Basketball Final Four, Notre Dame football, FIFA World Cup (2026?), NBA All-Star game, College Football Championship, WWE, major concerts, etc.

ESPN 980 - WASHINGTON D.C.

Yeah, this was a foregone conclusion after Jerry World was built, just a matter of when.

I wonder what Danny boy will do to get them out of PG County. I believe their contract is up in 2027, they're not going to give up on that revenue. I have a feeling the new stadium will be built within the next 5 years.

A new stadium is such a mixed bag. The benefits for the team are so great. The benefits for the fans are also great, but the cost will probably be too much for many fans. Heck, it's too much now and with PSLs and increased ticket costs, it's only going to get worse.

Hopefully something like this
image.jpg

Dan Snyder... putting the cart before the horse since 1999. Don't get me wrong, I have always hated fedex field, just seems like keeping up with the Jones's for real. So many other things he could spend his money on. Why give our rivals fans nicer place to watch their teams win?

So, are you saying we should stay in the cluster**** Jack built forever?

just seems like keeping up with the Jones's for real.
The Jones's and the other 18 teams that currently have stadiums newer than FedEx Field, plus any other teams who are further along in the process than sending out a poll to the fans.

So half the league have stadiums newer than one built in the 90s. Big whoop. It's a clusterfudge no doubt. But to rape the fans with PSLs? No, sorry can't get behind that. I don't go to home games much anymore but if I did, you wouldn't see me get behind PSLs in no way shape or form.

So half the league have stadiums newer than one built in the 90s. Big whoop. It's a clusterfudge no doubt. But to rape the fans with PSLs? No, sorry can't get behind that. I don't go to home games much anymore but if I did, you wouldn't see me get behind PSLs in no way shape or form.

Who the hell said anything about support of PSL's? Very specifically I was pointing out that a new stadium has very little to do with keeping up with Jerry Jones.

With a new stadium will come PSLs . Dan Snyder will have to be out in front of something so he will go for broke trying to keep up eith Jerrah. It has plenty to do with it. Ever since Jerry world opened hes been frothing at the mouth. If you dont think it has to do with jerry directly then whatever...I do.

"hes been frothing at the mouth."

Has done this in public? I'd like to see it. :) It has nothing to do with Jerry Jones and every thing to do with making more money. Every owner in the leagues is driven by profit.

Guys, I know it's conjecture, but if I would bet the house that Dan Snyder is frothing at the mouth for a stadium that rivals Jerruhs. He has mentioned he wants a Super Bowl here and the only way to do it is build a palace similar to the one Jerruh built.

And for those talking about money, Dallas was either 2nd or 3rd most valuable franchise behind us and I believe New England until that stadium was completed. It made them the most valuable upon completion. Dan builds his own palace, it puts us back up there or very close to it.

Yeah you guys are right, I have no basis for my point of view in this discussion. #PHBIS

I'd love a new stadium. New toys are fun. And for a guy who only goes to 1-2 games a year, there's little downside other than the ridiculous NOVA traffic ... though in my case, coming from 20 miles south of DC, the trip to Raljon has been a nightmare anyway. At least in VA I could find lots of places in that general area from which to to stage ingress and egress.

Bring it, Dan.

Oh, and field a competitive team there. That would be cool too.

Dan Snyder... putting the cart before the horse since 1999. Don't get me wrong, I have always hated fedex field, just seems like keeping up with the Jones's for real. So many other things he could spend his money on. Why give our rivals fans nicer place to watch their teams win?

Well, FedEx Field is a money pit. Every year, it seems, he is having to sink more money into renovations, changes, upgrades, etc. that simply weren't considered in the original building plans. plus, if he builds this stadium to be more fitting for Redskins fans, it'll be a lot better than what we've had to deal with for the last 15 years. And the sad thing is, FedEx Field in all reality is still a relatively new stadium, but feels like it's been around since the 60's.

I guess throwing out news of a potential new stadium is a good way to make folks stop talking about 7 wins in the last two seasons.

Winning off the field!

tr1. Injecting his anti-Snyderism for 15 years...and counting.

Well, FedEx Field is a money pit. Every year, it seems, he is having to sink more money into renovations, changes, upgrades, etc. that simply weren't considered in the original building plans. plus, if he builds this stadium to be more fitting for Redskins fans, it'll be a lot better than what we've had to deal with for the last 15 years. And the sad thing is, FedEx Field in all reality is still a relatively new stadium, but feels like it's been around since the 60's.

Every time I start to think about just how bad FedEx is, I remember that M&T Bank Stadium is exactly one year younger, and then I get very, very sad.

However, as much as I would like a new stadium ASAP, I understand the position of some season ticket holders, that stand to be absolutely robbed with PSLs when that new stadium is built.

My dad built M&T. I hate the ratbirds but I've always been proud of that

My dad built M&T. I hate the ratbirds but I've always been proud of that
It makes me ill knowing that my tax dollars helped pay the extortion to get Art "The Maggot" Model to rape the fans of Cleveland and move the team to the sniveling, not worthy, Baltimore, MD.

It's one of the things that disgusts me the most about the state. After the "P" word, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.