• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

potential immediate upgrade at guard

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
Oher is a solid lineman who is not great on the edge because he has short arms, but I think he could be a solid right guard. his value is low right now, so I say try to snag him. hes still young, and with a good coach, could end up being a steal.

I don't know..... at 28, and coming off foot surgery, it reeks of the typical reach the Skins have been making on injured players for some time. None come to mind that actually panned out. Ravens cast him off, and titans seem happy to part ways with him as quickly as possible. Just doesn't strike me as a move a smart front office would make.

You don't get rich poking around Ozzie Newsome's cast-offs.

We should have learned that lesson with Chris Chester.

Oher went from being a Super Bowl starter to off the team in 2 years.

He was a first round pick of the organization.

That tells me cumulative injuries, etc have robbed this guy of his effectiveness.

Tennessee gave him a $24M deal and lets him go after one season?

I say stay away.

We're in a full on rebuild. Get young and grow 'em.

he was a first round pick has outstanding athleticism and strength and is not a solid fit at tackle, IF we can get him on the cheap and move him to guard you do it. we have limited resources insofar as draft picks, and the free agent pool will be competitive, we HAVE to be creative and find guys take risks or we wont improve much

It's not that easy to take a guy who has played a career on the outside and move him to an interior spot.

At this point we don't know what caused such a fall from grace. He has had some injury problems, I am wondering if he has a chronic knee or ankle that had compromised his effectiveness?

actually moving a guy inside is much easier than moving one outside, especially when they are athletic.

we have to start thinking outside the box. If Jones signs with the Giants and plays well, I will be pissed, because we should have been all over the CFl trying to steal some of the top Olinemen.

We're a month into the new front office structure, and in reality, haven't a clue what they are or aren't on top of. Even with diminished presence on the field, he'd likely be an upgrade on the right side when on the field, and that's the part that worries me the most, Availability..... Anything more then a 1 year deal at vet min would be a huge risk IMO. Are we really in a position to gamble on a player that was cut after year 1 of a pricey 4 year deal ?

From what he said in his presser, this is not the kind of move McCoughlin is going to make.

That's pretty much the impression I get, too. He'll be more likely to go the draft route, especially if he doesn't like what he sees in the 'Skins' pipeline

Nick

Comes down to how healthy he is, and what he would cost.

Be kinda cool to see Sandy Bullock around the Park though.

I wish we would have looked at Incognito as well. Can't hurt.

From what I recall McCloughan said he was averse to going into free agency and picking up 32 or 33 year old veterans to plug a gap on a very temporary basis.

I don't think signing a guy in Oher's situation at 28 is not something they would necessarily be afraid to do.

It was just my own opinion of this one player.

Besides, true we want to build through the draft but there are 53 slots to fill and 7 or 8 draft picks are going to need to be supplemented through other means.

Again I think it may be Oher's physical situation that prevents anyone from pouncing on him on a one year deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.