• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO NFL Pickem: 2014 Final Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Congrats to our top 4 finishers in another highly competetive contest this season. Our new champ, who will soon sport the highly coveted BGO NFL Pickem Champion avatar, is micks113 - congrats brother :cheers: micks113 racked up an impressive 187-79-1 record in vanquishing his closest challenger, 2nd place winner China, who finished just two games back. Great job China! Our 3rd place finisher was Canadian Hog. And bringing it home in the final prize spot in 4th place was DieselPwr44, barely edging out Burgundy Burner on Seattle's last second collapse Sunday.

Congrats to our 4 winners!

Rounding out our top 10 finishers for 2015 were:
DixieFlatline
redskins26
servumtuum
Lovethebeer
Yusuf06

For complete Final 2014 NFL Pickem Results, click HERE

Boone,

Thanks for putting together a great contest. It's always a lot of fun participating and your efforts in organizing this all is greatly appreciated.

I long for the days when I'll actually be confident in picking our Redskins on a weekly basis in this pool.

Had to read that four winners line twice because I thought only the first three qualified for prizes.

Awesome!

Congrats to everybody who played and stayed with it until the end!

BGO ROCKS!

Thanks for organizing Boone. It was a lot of fun and a great part about BGO.

Thanks Boone. Definitely a fun contest. Now if only I could remember those Thursday night games........

I see All Favorites came in third. Seems those people setting the lines know what they're doing. Imagine that.

You bet they do China! Which tells everyone what they need to know to win at Pick Em. You must hone your skills to pick the upsets. Secret to winning. Each week boils down to only a handful of games.

Here's what I do. Each week I pick "my favorite to win" without the benefit of knowing the line. Three or four days later I compare those to what vegas has settled on as point spread. When I come to a team Vegas says is the favorite by a large margin, but it doesn't match "my favorite", then I flag that as an upset to be looked into much deeper like injuries, QB matchup, or position matchups to make my final determination as to whether to stick with the upset or agree with vegas. This is the gist of my analysis, but all things being equal at that point, if I then can't decide, I use two more specific measures to choose a winner. Those two I'll keep to myself. ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.