• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

All we are sayyyyyyyyying, is give Zorn a chance

Any converts?

And did I see touchbacks or was I hallucinating?

I wish I knew the real reason this team has come together and played hard. Is it Zorn or are they playing for each other or their jobs?

My biggest concern and fear is that Vinny will get the credit from Snyder for the turnaround. Like Wise's article, Vinny owes Cambell's class and play a lot.

Before the season started most people were suggesting that if the Redskins didn't win 10 games Zorn would be gone. I think that means he's gone.

Because we aren't going to win ten games.

Zorn seems like a nice fellow and it seems that the Redskins FO put him in a very tricky situation; but I don't know if he should be the Redskins head coach next year. As some have already said, I'm grown a little sick of the "stay medium" mentality and our extremely conservative play calling.

I see Zorn the same way I saw George W. Bush...a good man with good intentions that just got in way over his head.

Zorn seems like a nice fellow and it seems that the Redskins FO put him in a very tricky situation; but I don't know if he should be the Redskins head coach next year. As some have already said, I'm grown a little sick of the "stay medium" mentality and our extremely conservative play calling.

I see Zorn the same way I saw George W. Bush...a good man with good intentions that just got in way over his head.

And let's not get carried away people. The hallmark of Redskin football over the past ten years is play like crap for about half a season, play ok for half a season. We did it last year. We did the year before. We did it in '05, '02, '01, '00 ... pretty much any time we don't totally suck, we only suck for the first eight games, or the last eight, or eight in the middle. That's what we're doing this year too.

Is it Zorn's fault? I don't know. Probably not. But he's gonna get the blame.

In any case, let's not pretend this team has suddenly discovered the magic foo foo juice and has found new life or something. We're still the half-a-season Redskins we've been for years.

And let's not get carried away people. The hallmark of Redskin football over the past ten years is play like crap for about half a season, play ok for half a season. We did it last year. We did the year before. We did it in '05, '02, '01, '00 ... pretty much any time we don't totally suck, we only suck for the first eight games, or the last eight, or eight in the middle. That's what we're doing this year too.

In any case, let's not pretend this team has suddenly discovered the magic foo foo juice and has found new life or something. We're still the half-a-season Redskins we've been for years.

Oh, I'm nowhere near convinced that this is the Phoenix rising from the ashes and starting a Super Bowl run. But these last few weeks there has been "something" going on. Whether it's like others said, they are playing for their jobs, for each other, for Zorn, whatever, they ARE playing. Something is starting to work.

Will it carry over to next year? Who knows? But it feels like there is some life, some sense of continuity.

And like I said, I'm

SICK

SICK

SICK of the team being ripped up every two years just to make a splash and sell jersey's

Oh, I'm nowhere near convinced that this is the Phoenix rising from the ashes and starting a Super Bowl run. But these last few weeks there has been "something" going on. Whether it's like others said, they are playing for their jobs, for each other, for Zorn, whatever, they ARE playing. Something is starting to work.

The team is playing better. Teams do that over the course of a season. Good teams win even when they're not peaking. Bad teams lose even when they are. Our three losses in the past four games should tell you which version we are.

Will it carry over to next year? Who knows? But it feels like there is some life, some sense of continuity.

I don't see any evidence to suggest a one-game winning streak will carry over into next year. Lest we forget going 6-2 last year didn't carry over into the same season. Winning five straight didn't carry over into 2006. It happens less often than you think.

And like I said, I'm

SICK

SICK

SICK of the team being ripped up every two years just to make a splash and sell jersey's

Oh me too. But since this team isn't going 2-14 I don't see Snyder and Vinnie feeling any urgency in changing their formula. No doubt they now think we're just a spalsh away ...

I don't see any evidence to suggest a one-game winning streak will carry over into next year. Lest we forget going 6-2 last year didn't carry over into the same season. Winning five straight didn't carry over into 2006. It happens less often than you think.

Oh me too. But since this team isn't going 2-14 I don't see Snyder and Vinnie feeling any urgency in changing their formula. No doubt they now think we're just a spalsh away ...

Agree with both points

This team is nowhere near close to being a year in year out Superbowl competitor.

There are some nice future pieces, Davis and Thomas come to mind, and of course Orakpo, but the way the team is built now, the best we can hope for is a 9-7, 10-6 type year and a 6th seed in the playoffs

Until Snyderatto is gone (Dan steps back, Vinny is fired) thats all we can hope for

Just think, if we win maybe one more game, we'll be out of contention to draft a QB, barring the danny giving away next years draft for the big jersey seller.

If we slip a bit, maybe someone will actually have to put some thought into (Lord Forbid) trading down and addressing the line

Just think, if we win maybe one more game, we'll be out of contention to draft a QB, barring the danny giving away next years draft for the big jersey seller.

If we slip a bit, maybe someone will actually have to put some thought into (Lord Forbid) trading down and addressing the line

I haven't thought about this angle! If we win couple more games then Danny will have a problem on how to get the QB de jour.

We will go hard after Clausen or McCoy. Danny wants his QB and will stop at nothing to get one after not getting Sanchez or Cutler last year. I will probably have heart failure if we draft an OL in first round and have an actual plan to rebuild the team.

Or, play like a super bowl bound team for the first half of the season, then lay a big, fat egg in the second half of the season. That might be even worse. When was the last time this team played a good, solid season from start to finish? 1999 when we last won the division?

I haven't thought about this angle! If we win couple more games then Danny will have a problem on how to get the QB de jour.

We will go hard after Clausen or McCoy. Danny wants his QB and will stop at nothing to get one after not getting Sanchez or Cutler last year. I will probably have heart failure if we draft an OL in first round and have an actual plan to rebuild the team.

The scary thing is about this scenerio if that if the danny has a big enough woody for one of these guys, he might pull a Ditka and give the house away. Again:beadyeyes:

BLOW THIS TEAM UP!

Keep the quarterback, get rid of the prima donna running back, fire the coaching staff and have the front office shot at dawn the next day.

BLOW THIS TEAM UP!

Keep the quarterback, get rid of the prima donna running back, fire the coaching staff and have the front office shot at dawn the next day.

Finally! After soul-searching, endless rumination, and futility in coming up with a palatable soulution-Bingo! Thanks, Spence. :)

Finally! After soul-searching, endless rumination, and futility in coming up with a palatable soulution-Bingo! Thanks, Spence. :)

As much as curiosity has me wondering what next year will be like if we keep the current system in tact given the obvious progression of the offense since Lewis' arrival, I remain inclined to say the same thing. Blow this team up from the top to the bottom! And although I think it is probably best that we retain JC, I think it depends entirely on what sort of offensive system the new FO brings in.

But of course this is all dependent upon the assumption that Danny boy wants a different FO in place. And well the reality appears to suggest that we are in for another Snyderrato off season of splashes to market new jerseys!

I have to admit, it makes me want to cry! Of course I won't because I am a man! :paranoid:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.