• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Add Chad Grimm to Staff

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
January 29, 2015

REDSKINS ADD CHAD GRIMM TO COACHING STAFF

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Chad Grimm as Defensive Quality Control Coach.

Grimm is entering his seventh NFL season after spending the last two years in the same capacity with the San Diego Chargers. Grimm spent his first four NFL seasons with the Arizona Cardinals after entering the league in 2009 as an offensive quality control coach.

Grimm played collegiately as a linebacker and special teamer at Virginia Tech from 2003-06. The Fairfax, Va. native played both football and lacrosse at Oakton H.S. in Vienna, Va., helping the school reach the state finals in both sports for the first time in school history.

Grimm is the son of Russ Grimm, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and three-time Super Bowl champion who stands as one of the most decorated players in Redskins history. Russ – a founding member of the franchise’s famed “Hogs” – played 11 seasons in Washington from 1981-91 and served in various assistant roles for the team from 1992-2000.

GRIMM FOOTBALL TIMELINE

2013-14: Defensive Quality Control Coach, San Diego Chargers
2009-12: Offensive Quality Control Coach, Arizona Cardinals
2003-06: Linebacker, Virginia Tech

Defense is best served Grimm, not Pleasant.

Russ Grimm has been out of coaching since 2012. Time for a homecoming maybe?

Would love to have seen it, but the job he would best fit was OL Coach...Callahan took that position.

Barry gets one of his guys from SD.

I don't mind that, but I wonder if the connection to the Redskins played any role to the move.

Sometimes I really dislike the cynicism this team has developed in me.

If it helped him get his foot in the door I'm ok with it.

But if he sucks and we hired him because of his name I'll be mad. Not chooch mad...but mad.

Who cares. We're not talking about the coordinators or even a position coach.

Who cares. We're not talking about the coordinators or even a position coach.

Are you asking, "Who cares?" because an interrogative is followed by an eroteme.

He's been a quality control assistant for some time, I don't think he is a candidate to be promoted to a position coach in the near future. Usually, a guy who is rising fast in the ranks does this job for 1-2 years.

The irony of ending a sentence beginning with the word "Eroteme" with an ecphoneme is not lost on this reader.

Nicely done, my good sir.

Fingers crossed Grimm lite can eventually grow into our DC role in about 10 years. After we've won at least 3 Lombardi's of course.

Last edited:
2013-14: Defensive Quality Control Coach, San Diego Chargers
2009-12: Offensive Quality Control Coach, Arizona Cardinals
2003-06: Linebacker, Virginia Tech

Son of a Grimm !

What about this 3 year employment gap on his resume, from 2006-09 ?

What is he trying to hide ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.