• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Name Matt Cavanaugh QB's Coach

I didn't hear the interview, but I would say not being one of the 'boys' and asshole can be mutually exclusive things. You can still be liked and not be a one of the guys.

I didn't hear the interview, but I would say not being one of the 'boys' and asshole can be mutually exclusive things. You can still be liked and not be a one of the guys.

totally agree.

what Brown was conveying in a veiled way was that he knew Griff fairly well and in other venues the take-away was that griff wasn't "one of the guys"....that ke kept to a couple close friends and that was it. The idea was that the QB, to some degree, needs to be "one of the guys" when it comes to just the loose side of lockerroom jockeying and fun. as I was careful to point out....I don't know what ground truth is (and I am a griffin backer - have been all along) but there is some aspect of this that fits what we have seen at the edges in the media. just saying that it was interesting that a player w/a HoF caliber career doing an interview in AZ comes out of left field with comments like this.

I heard the Brown interview too. Doesn't make Robert sound very friendly off the field. Win, and no one will give a shit.
He also said Rich Gannon was an asshole. But when you win, it doesn't matter.

Robert..................................win.

EDIT: The other thing is, Tim Brown put his name on it. Instead of the chickenshit "unnamed sources". It's the only reason I find it credible.

same thought I had! griff needs to make his play this season or he's done. cut all the sideshow crap out, go on the field, execute the plays, lead the offense. the tools are there on offense and we'll likely pick up an o-lineman or two between now and Sep who upgrade the quality of play for that unit.

Gotcha...and it is interesting that he brought it up. It would fit with some of the things we've heard.

Tom Brady is a private guy off the field and isn't counted as one of the boys.

It isn't about going out and having drinks together, it's about trusting each other on Sunday's.

He didn't intimate that RGIII was salty or a swinging Richard or anything, just that he didn't really "fit in," so to speak.

Nick

He didn't intimate that RGIII was salty or a swinging Richard or anything, just that he didn't really "fit in," so to speak.

Nick

bingo. thanks Nick. and he expressed a pov that...in the lockerroom....the detachment makes a difference when it comes to the QB. it was really a statement about many things - especially the culture of today's younger players. truth? I don't know. I just found it interesting given some the stuff that happened toward the end of last season vis sniping in the media.

Tom Brady is a private guy off the field and isn't counted as one of the boys.

It isn't about going out and having drinks together, it's about trusting each other on Sunday's.

I heard something funny the other day on the radio: two women claiming they found Brady rather androgenous and that they felt Giselle wore the pants. sidebar...but rather MA funny.

so...getting back to point. no one said anything about hanging w/the boys in the off hrs. Brown was very specific in discussing the lockerroom.

Well, I know the 49ers were able to win with Montana and Young feuding openly for several years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.