• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Head Coach Search

Who's Your Preferred Next Head Coach?

• Brian Kelly (Notre Dame HC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teryl Austin (Detroit DC)

• Doug Marrone (Jags OL Coach)

• Hue Jackson (Cincy OC)

• David Shaw (Stanford HC)

• Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M)

• Darell Bevell (Seattle OC)

• Adam Gase (Bears OC)

• Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Sean Payton (Saints HC)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Bill Callahan (Skins OL)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other: Post your candidate

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
It takes good coaching as well...don't kid yourself. when the good teams square off...coaching is often the difference maker.

see Joe Gibbs for reference.

Or you could see Switzer and Callahan for the other side. Both were set up by great coaches but won it all with less than stellar ones.

Goes both ways..great ones get the most from inferior talent..

I have invested entirely too much over the last 20 years to give a shit anymore. The glory of my youth is gone and I am convinced it will never be relived in my lifetime. I have not read a book in a while. I think I might just go do that and give less of my time to this organization.

Try 50 Shades of Burgundy and Gold.

Really? I should probably quit my job and come study at the Church O' Ax until the inevitable, huh?

:)

viper.jpg

Parcells is proof coaching really makes a difference.

Twice he took teams that finished with one or two wins (Miami and NYJ) to 9-10 wins the very next season.

How about Art Briles and Mr. Griffin with McLovin bringing in the personnel to support them? :)

How about Art Briles and Mr. Griffin with McLovin bringing in the personnel to support them? :)

You must be a glutton for punishment :)

What?
Gruden get canned or something?
Didn't finish watching the game, did he miss the trip back to the locker room?

It's a randomly bumped thread from 1/15 :)

OK, figured he'd at least make it to the bye before missing the team bus.

More food for thought ...
Washington Redskins Head Coaching Hot Board: Top 10 Replacements For Jay Gruden

Along with the appropriate steller qualifications of the author ...

Brian Rauf - Lead Columnist
Bio:
Brian Rauf is the Lead Columnist for Chat Sports covering the NBA and NFL, along with college basketball, college football and MLB. He is from Cary, NC and is a proud graduate of the University of South Carolina. Brian is a Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Panthers, and Duke Blue Devils fan, along with the Gamecocks, of course. His favorite sports moment is Boise State's upset victory over Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

What?
Gruden get canned or something?
Didn't finish watching the game, did he miss the trip back to the locker room?

Nope.

Just your normal group of Snyderites acting like their owner...wanting the head coach fired after a loss....in mid-season no less....like that wouldn't make a bigger mess than what's currently going on.

I think alot of fans crave the drama and chaos just as much as the media does. They seem to openly root for it.

And as much as they say they despise the owner, deep down...they believe just like him : Any press is good press.

So fire Jay. By next November, they'll want the new guy gone too. Wash,rinse,repeat.

Alright, since folks seem interested in playing, now there's a poll to voice your preferences for the next Skins head coach.

Big wheel keep on turnin', Proud Mary keep on burnin'....

Right. Can't be unhappy with the current product. Got it.

It was great. I have patience. There are all kinds of positives we've seen the last year and a half of Gruden. I'll just give him time.

Don't group me with what has happened in the past. I haven't been a part of the knee jerk lynch mobs.

Gruden is a clown.

Stop the BS posts right now guys. You are better than that and taking it out on each other doesn't make a lot of sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.