• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - Recon Special-Chargers fans react to Barry coming to the Redskins

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I thought I'd check in with Bolts fans to see what their reaction to the Joe Barry becoming our new DC might be.

To be honest, the majority don't seem all that broken-hearted.

Kemp17

Now the Redskins are interviewing Joe Barry for their DC position. Don't these idiots know that our coaches suck?

NoMoreChillies

dont wanna change any of our coaches
they got 4th string guys to perform week in and week out.
previous coaching staff never did.

SDC-SBV-1D

Well I'm sorry to inform you that Joe Barry our linebackers coach is close to signing with Washington to be their DC.
Good for him, more validation for pags.

perryao

Looks like Joe Barry, LB coach for the Chargers, is getting a promotion....

"8:41am: Washington has decided on a replacement for recently dismissed defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, who reports (via Twitter) that the club will hire Chargers linebackers coach Joe Barry to fill the position."

IF true, congrats.

Kemp17

That's a bummer.

Incidentally these organizations really need to wake up to the fact that our coaching staff sucks.

AFBoltfan

Yea really! I mean look at what happened with Butler this season... Good riddance to that guy psh...

sonorajim

The 'Skins want what Pagano's been teaching! Imagine that!

muffindonut72

Does this hire have anything to do with AJ working for the Redskins?

Just asking.

sonorajim

Could be. AJ hired him in SD. Barry isn't an unknown though. He's been the LB coach in SD, Tampa, USC , he was also DC for the Lions and is married to former Detroit HC Rod Marinelli's daughter.

Coaching is just a part of the formula. The right balance of scheme, talent, depth along with good fortune re injury, officiating, sched, etc. all has to come together.
Get the right coaches for the talent you have/ get the right talent for the coaches you have is a moving target under the cap limits.
Not an easy project.

SDC-SBV-1D

hopefully this opens the door to trade butler to Washington for a 3rd.
or part of a package.

The LBC

Please... PLEASE! Let this happen. The only thing that would make it more perfect would be if he took Ron Milus with him, but that won't likely happen as if he gets the DC gig, it will be because he agreed to keep Raheem Morris as DB's coach in Washington.

If this happens, just please go out and hire someone that is competent in teaching LB's to actually TACKLE with proper fundamentals and cracks the whip for missed opportunities, Mikey.

Would assume if Barry does go that Richard Smith (if Denver truly is letting their position coaches look for other opportunities) would be at the upper part of McCoy's list given that they worked together in both Carolina and Denver. Suppose they could just promote Bobby King, but he's only been in the position for a year, hasn't he? Severely doubt Mike Nolan is an option to drop down to a positional coaching gig if he isn't retained by whoever Atlanta hires, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Hell, give Freeney a polo shirt, make him assistant to whoever the new LB coach would be and ease his transition into retirement all that much more.

YouCantKeepMeDown#BoLtUp

He actually did a pretty good job with the limited talent he had to work with , plus all the injuries. . Thank God with didn't lose Frank Reich that would have been a huge loss to us...

Daryl Peak

Where's AJ Smith when you need him? AJ would have fired the entire coaching staff because assistants and coordinators are leaving. Wait, AJ is in Washington and they just gave him an enhanced role in the FO. 0_o

More...

That's not a good sign when the team's fans are ambivalent at best, and celebratory at worst. Not that fans are always the most dispassionate, intelligent lot, but it can give you an indication.

He's a linebacker coach. He's not in the spotlight and most don't really pay attention.

The linebacker Corp out here has been solid all year even with injuries.

Afternoon report that Fangio is still on Redskins radar and no announcement is pending on a new hire.

Thanks for the recon.

NO ONE LIKES THEIR COACHES! Well, we know the feeling.

Thanks Serv. So was the misspelling of his name in the title a subconscious sign of disrespect or disdain for the selection? Or just a lack of familiarity with him as he isn't a high profile name?

Thanks Serv. So was the misspelling of his name in the title a subconscious sign of disrespect or disdain for the selection? Or just a lack of familiarity with him as he isn't a high profile name?

Damn! I have got to stop listening to progressive house music while I'm posting stuff. :redface2:

(Probably a tiny bit of "Are you ****ing kidding me?!?" going on subconsciously, come to think of it. :beadyeyes2:)

:smile:

Thanks for the recon, Serv. Those fan reactions fill me with great hope! :)

Although I do think Mike makes a good point about linebacker coaches typically not receiving a lot of attention among a large portion of the fanbase.

Yeah not a good sign. I'd expect a similar reaction here if Raheem got the DC job in NY.

Hopefully this is a courtesy call. AJ did bring him in at San Diego. Barry has been a DC once - 2007 through 2008 with Detroit. He got the gig mostly through nepotism. In 2008 the Lions went a perfect 0-16 and gave up the second most yards in NFL history.

Pretty sure the Redskins can and will do better here.

Question for you twittered. Has anyone asked Rappaport about his this story 'breaking', & how he heard it?

I would much rather the reaction from Chargers fans be, why did we let him get away, and he is a good talent. Not the good riddance posts..... I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this hire at all, hope he proves me wrong.

It's the Internet, bro. Lots of assholes and tough guys posting like spurned little girls when they lose out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.