• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2015 (Continual Updates)

One lineman in the first five rounds?

Sorry, but IMO the club has spent far too much already in skill position players and not nearly enough on the lines to match up.

We spent millions on Garçon, Jackson and Roberts and just took a WR last year in the fifth round to develop.

So we need another one?

Instead of stacking strength on strength how about starting to address spots that currently have no clear name performers such as NT, OG, OT, etc.

OLB, FS are fine.

But WR, QB and RB on Day 2?

To me that's a waste of picks

BB was incredible last season, nailing two or three of our first picks exactly.

And I just reviewed his mock on page 1, and lo and behold, he had the Browns trading up to take our draft spot for QB. Thirty days later, that looks highly possible. He's a sorcerer!

On another note, I think Goldman would be great. There are three FSU defensive players that should go in the first, and I'd love any of them. Especially Goldman or their CB.

I suggested the possibility that if Amari Cooper falls to us in an earlier thread that a good chance that the browns trade up with us

There are scads of highly touted "pundits" who publish mocks every season and, IMO BB is better at it than most of them.

BB was incredible last season, nailing two or three of our first picks exactly.

And I just reviewed his mock on page 1, and lo and behold, he had the Browns trading up to take our draft spot for QB. Thirty days later, that looks highly possible. He's a sorcerer!

On another note, I think Goldman would be great. There are three FSU defensive players that should go in the first, and I'd love any of them. Especially Goldman or their CB.

My bad & will do...but reading is hard n stuff

I suggested the possibility that if Amari Cooper falls to us in an earlier thread that a good chance that the browns trade up with us

There are scads of highly touted "pundits" who publish mocks every season and, IMO BB is better at it than most of them.

Thanks for all of these compliments, but I rate my skills as a "mockster" at about average. Over the last few years, I've gained a greater respect for those who make it their livelihood and business. Mocking for one team is difficult, but for thirty-one more just boggles my mind.

Win4us, we are fine. Just be sure to keep up, lol.

New ideas on FA will be posted next week and an in depth focus on players we may target. Second mock coming in early March. Keep your ideas about FA and the draft coming.

Happy Friday the 13th.

About average? You are far too modest BB.

I also have a ton of respect for the guys like McShay, Kiper and a few of the guys on twitter. That's an insane amount of studying, only to be thrown away to start all over again the next year.

Here is an updated list of prospects that the team has contacted or visited. FA update coming in an hour or two.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
EW – East-West Shrine game.
SB – Senior Bowl.
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPB
Team Visit – TV

Derrick Lott, DT, Tennessee-Chattanooga EW
Zachary Zenner, RB, South Dakota St. EW
Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech EW
Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee EW
Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville EW
Damian Parms, S, Florida Atlantic EW
Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis EW
Jordan Taylor, WR, Rice EW
Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan EW
Ryan Russell, DE, Purdue EW
DaVaris Daniels, WR, Notre Dame NFLC
Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland NFLC
Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa NFLC

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2015 (Continual Updates)​

Welcome to the 2015 offseason. We are taking a different approach for the new football year as we combine our mocks with the free agency period. We’ll have periodic updates as warranted and will use just this one entry instead of posting multiple blogs.

This week we take our second look at free agency. With a new football GM in place, the Redskins are expected to be minor players in the FA market, but one or two signings of heightened significance can’t be ruled out. Earlier this month we had our first mock – feel free to scroll back and see what was posted. The mocks will be on a hiatus until early March. The mocks will slowly increase in number as we get closer to the draft.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, coaching changes, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we’d like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

Free Agency 2015​

Unrestricted Free Agent Predcitons:
Brian Orakpo, OLB - Walks
Tyler Polumbus, OT - Walks
Roy Helu, RB – Re-signed
Jarvis Jenkins, DE – Re-signed (One year prove it deal)
Brandon Meriweather, S - Walks
Leonard Hankerson, WR - Walks
Niles Paul, TE – Re-signed
Chris Neild, DT – Re-signed (One year prove it deal)
Colt McCoy, QB – Re-signed
Ryan Clark, S - Walks, Retires (As Predicted)
Santana Moss, WR - Walks
E.J. Biggers, CB - Walks
Justin Rogers, CB - Walks
Tanard Jackson, S - Stays suspended

Exclusive Rights Free Agent Predictions:
Trenton Robinson, Tendered
Chris Thompson RB - Tendered

Restricted Free Agent Predictions:
Duke Ihenacho, S - Tendered
Kai Forbath, K - Tendered
Tom Compton, LT - Tendered
Travian Robertson, DT – Tendered
Rishaw Johnson, OT – Tendered

Possible Cuts And Cap Savings:
Stephen Bowen - $5.5 Million
Barry Cofield - $5.0 Million
DeAngelo Hall - $4.0 Million
Chris Chester - $4.0 Million
Perry Riley - $3.0 Million
Shawn Lauvao - $3.0 Million
Andre Roberts - $2.75 Million
Tracy Porter - $2.3 Million
Logan Paulsen – $1.75 Million
Josh LeRibeus - $700,000

Available Free Agents:​

Quarterbacks:
Jake Locker, Titans
Ryan Mallett, Texans
Mark Sanchez, Eagles
Matt Moore, Dolphins

Preferred choice is Moore.

Running Backs, Fullbacks:
Stevan Ridley, Patriots

Very underrated and is likely the best RB on that roster.

Tight Ends:
Jermaine Gresham, Bengals
Virgil Green, Broncos

Green is an excellent blocker and should receive serious consideration.

Wide Receivers:
None.

Offensive Tackles:
None.

Offensive Guards:
Clint Boling, Bengals

Mike Iupati is the preferred choice and should be a top target, but BBQ believes that it would be too expensive and this goes against the philosophy of the new GM.

Centers:
None.

Defensive Tackles:
Muhammad Wilkerson, Jets
Ahtyba Rubin, Browns

Either one would be a good solution for the DT woes. Both are likely affordable.

Defensive Ends:
Jared Odrick, Dolphins
Corey Peters, Falcons

Odrick may prove to be too expensive, but the Redskins should try to sign if possible.

Outside Linebackers:
Pernell McPhee, Ravens
Jabaal Sheard, Browns
Brandon Graham, Eagles

McPhee is the preferred choice. Graham probably is a better fit. Sheard could be the best of the lot with experience at DE as well – could be special in a hybrid 3-4 scheme – excellent size.

Inside Linebackers:
Rey Maualuga, Bengals
Spenser Paysinger, Giants

It will depend on what is done with Perry Riley and the draft. Paysinger is solid in coverage packages.

Cornerbacks:
Chris Culliver, 49ers
Walter Thurmond III, Giants

Neither stands out, but depth is needed and Thurmond is a former pick of Scot McCloughan.

Safeties:
Da'Norris Searcy, Bills
Sergio Brown, Colts
Ron Parker, Chiefs

Searcy is the preferred choice and Brown would bring special teams abilities. Parker could be signed - if affordable. He is a SS with considerable experience at CB.

Special Teams:
None. A returner should be targeted as an UDFA after the draft.

There is your second look at free agency for the 2015 offseason. Feel free to add names to the list or subtract from what has been posted. Who do you prefer to be the main target in free agency? Who would you keep? Who would you not re-sign? Who would you cut (next FA list will include possible cuts)? That is all for now, but the updates will certainly increase in volume and frequency. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

What does everyone think about taking Danny Shelton with our 5th pick? Gotta think Leonard Williams, who I think might be the best player in the draft, will be gone by our pick but a 6'2" 343 NT who can control the middle in our 3-4 would seem like just the ticket. We've never had the NT we need to run a 3-4 and the teams who have those guys aren't giving them up. I think taking a guy like this is a safer bet than an under-sized athletic DE who can rush the QB but can't play in space. We've had enough of those guys recently.

What does everyone think about taking Danny Shelton with our 5th pick? Gotta think Leonard Williams, who I think might be the best player in the draft, will be gone by our pick but a 6'2" 343 NT who can control the middle in our 3-4 would seem like just the ticket. We've never had the NT we need to run a 3-4 and the teams who have those guys aren't giving them up. I think taking a guy like this is a safer bet than an under-sized athletic DE who can rush the QB but can't play in space. We've had enough of those guys recently.

Here's a highlight vid of Shelton in action against Oregon.

(Be sure to click on Daily Motion in order to go fullscreen)

Love playing around with those draft simulators. This one came from fanspeak. Talk about a pipedream...

Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator
5: R1P5
OLB DANTE FOWLER JR.
FLORIDA
38: R2P6
OT ERECK FLOWERS
MIAMI (FLA.)
69: R3P5
CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE
102: R4P6
G ARIE KOUANDJIO
ALABAMA
133: R5P5
TE BEN KOYACK
NOTRE DAME
166: R6P6
DT CHRISTIAN COVINGTON
RICE
197: R7P5
WR RANNELL HALL
UCF

I pretty much went with BPA or BPA that I saw as a position of need. They were always within the top 3 or 4 on the board. I don't expect our draft to resemble anything close to this but it's still fun.

I like Shelton from the standpoint that he represents the type of identity I want this defense (and team for that matter) to establish.

He's a bully, he's physical, aggressive, and plays with a motor.

An aggressive brand of football with edge and intimidation would be a breath of fresh air in D.C.

We've been pushovers for far too long and I think selecting guys like Shelton would be steps towards changing that.

Call him my preferred choice for our first pick.

Here is an updated list of prospects that we have contacted thus far.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
EW – East-West Shrine game.
SB – Senior Bowl.
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPB
Team Visit – TV

Derrick Lott, DT, Tennessee-Chattanooga EW
Zachary Zenner, RB, South Dakota St. EW
Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech EW
Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee EW
Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville EW
Damian Parms, S, Florida Atlantic EW
Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis EW
Jordan Taylor, WR, Rice EW
Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan EW
Ryan Russell, DE, Purdue EW
DaVaris Daniels, WR, Notre Dame NFLC
Marcus Peters, CB, Washington NFLC
Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland NFLC
Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa NFLC

Welcome to the 2015 offseason. We are taking a different approach for the new football year as we combine our mocks with the free agency period. We’ll have periodic updates as warranted and will use just this one entry instead of posting multiple blogs.

This week we take our third look at free agency. With a new football GM in place, the Redskins are expected to be minor players in the FA market, but one or two signings of heightened significance can’t be ruled out. Earlier this month we had our first mock – feel free to scroll back and see what was posted. The mocks will be on a hiatus until early March. The mocks will slowly increase in number as we get closer to the draft.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, coaching changes, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we’d like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

Free Agency 2015​

Free Agents Obtained:
Ricky Jean Francois, DE/DT

Unrestricted Free Agent Predcitons:
Roy Helu, RB – Re-signed
Santana Moss, WR - Walks
E.J. Biggers, CB - Walks

Tom Compton, LT - Tendered (Re-signed)

Stephen Bowen - $5.5 Million (Released)
Barry Cofield - $5.0 Million (Released)
Josh LeRibeus - $700,000

Quarterbacks:
Jake Locker, Titans
Ryan Mallett, Texans
Mark Sanchez, Eagles
Matt Moore, Dolphins

Preferred choice is Moore.

Stevan Ridley, Patriots

Tight Ends:
Virgil Green, Broncos

Green is an excellent blocker and should receive serious consideration.

Wide Receivers:
None.

Offensive Tackles:
None.

Offensive Guards:
Clint Boling, Bengals

Mike Iupati is the preferred choice and should be a top target, but BBQ believes that it would be too expensive and this goes against the philosophy of the new GM.

Centers:
None.

Defensive Tackles:
Muhammad Wilkerson, Jets
Ahtyba Rubin, Browns

Either one would be a good solution for the DT woes. Both are likely affordable.

Defensive Ends:
Jared Odrick, Dolphins
Corey Peters, Falcons

Odrick may prove to be too expensive, but the Redskins should try to sign if possible.

Outside Linebackers:
Pernell McPhee, Ravens
Jabaal Sheard, Browns
Brandon Graham, Eagles

McPhee is the preferred choice. Graham probably is a better fit. Sheard could be the best of the lot with experience at DE as well – could be special in a hybrid 3-4 scheme – excellent size.

Inside Linebackers:
Rey Maualuga, Bengals

It will depend on what is done with Perry Riley and the draft. Paysinger is solid in coverage packages.

Cornerbacks:
Chris Culliver, 49ers

Neither stands out, but depth is needed and Thurmond is a former pick of Scot McCloughan.

Safeties:
Da'Norris Searcy, Bills
Sergio Brown, Colts
Ron Parker, Chiefs

Searcy is the preferred choice and Brown would bring special teams abilities. Parker could be signed - if affordable. He is a SS with considerable experience at CB.

Special Teams:

There is your third look at free agency for the 2015 offseason. Feel free to add names to the list or subtract from what has been posted. Who do you prefer to be the main target in free agency? Who would you keep? Who would you not re-sign? Who would you cut (next FA list will include possible cuts)? That is all for now, but the updates will certainly increase in volume and frequency. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:

While i agree completely about this being 'against the philosophy,' McCloughan did draft Iupati in SF so I would imagine they've had interaction before, and he's very familiar with his playing styles and ability. Obviously we are going to have to pay for him, but that connection could cause McCloughan to spend on a free agent, unlike in years past.

* edit * McCloughan did not pick Iupati, he was relieved of his duties shortly before that years draft. While he might not have made that pick, you have to imagine he's very familiar with Iupati's skill set and abilities, as well as value

Last edited:

This week we take our fourth look at free agency. With a new football GM in place, the Redskins were expected to be minor players in the FA market. However, we had an early signing and two key players released. With plenty of cap room, the Redskins could be something of a player early on when March 10 rolls around. Early last month we had our first mock – feel free to scroll back and see what was posted. The mocks will resume later this week and become a regular feature. The mocks will slowly increase in number as we get closer to the draft.

Free Agency 2015​

Free Agents Obtained:
Ricky Jean Francois, DE/DT

Unrestricted Free Agent Predictons:
Roy Helu, RB – Re-signed
Santana Moss, WR - Walks
E.J. Biggers, CB - Walks

Tom Compton, LT - Tendered (Re-signed)

Stephen Bowen - $5.5 Million (Released)
Barry Cofield - $5.0 Million (Released)
Josh LeRibeus - $700,000

Quarterbacks:
Jake Locker, Titans
Ryan Mallett, Texans
Mark Sanchez, Eagles
Matt Moore, Dolphins
Brian Hoyer, Browns

Preferred choice is Moore with Hoyer as a close second.

Stevan Ridley, Patriots

Tight Ends:
Virgil Green, Broncos
James Casey, Eagles

Green is an excellent blocker and should receive serious consideration. Casey is an excellent blocker too and could bring a lot of insight to the Eagles offense.

Wide Receivers:
None.

Offensive Tackles:
None.

Offensive Guards:
Mike Iupati, 49ers
Clint Boling, Bengals
James Carpenter, Seahawks

Mike Iupati is the preferred choice and could be a top target. Some reports are suggesting that he will be signed.

Centers:
None.

Defensive Tackles:
Muhammad Wilkerson, Jets
Ahtyba Rubin, Browns

Defensive Ends:
Jared Odrick, Dolphins
Corey Peters, Falcons

Outside Linebackers:
Pernell McPhee, Ravens
Jabaal Sheard, Browns
Brandon Graham, Eagles
Greg Hardy, Panthers

McPhee is the preferred choice, but will be way too expensive. Graham is probably a better fit. Sheard could be the best of the lot with experience at DE as well – could be special in a hybrid 3-4 scheme – excellent size. Hardy could come cheap based on character issues, but not likely.

Inside Linebackers:
Rey Maualuga, Bengals

Cornerbacks:
Chris Culliver, 49ers
Bryon Maxwell, Seahawks

Culliver and Thurmond stands out, but depth is needed and Thurmond is a former pick of Scot McCloughan. Maxwell is probably too expensive.

Safeties:
Da'Norris Searcy, Bills
Sergio Brown, Colts
Ron Parker, Chiefs
Rahim Moore, Broncos
Nate Allen, Eagles

Special Teams:

There is your fourth look at free agency for the 2015 offseason. Feel free to add names to the list or subtract from what has been posted. Who do you prefer to be the main target in free agency? Who would you keep? Who would you not re-sign? Who would you cut (next FA list will include possible cuts)? That is all for now, but the updates will certainly increase in volume and frequency. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.