• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Been a long time ...

PennSkinsfan

Since I posted here and visited. Looking forward to reestablishing my presence. I am co-owner of DC Pro Sports Report and have historically had a good relationship with the guys here at BGO. Haven't really posted in a forum in a few years, but looking forward to reconnecting in a discussion format.

Encouraged by the GM hire. Scot McCloughan is one of the most respect talent evaluators and NFL executive minds. Great pedigree. Greater results. The question of course will be will Dan Snyder indeed leave him alone to turn the franchise around. We will know in two years. Its easy to do it for a season. Lets see what happen in two season.

One thing is clear. It is an exciting time to be a Redskins fan. We got a stellar talent guy we've been lacking for 14 years. But, patience must be the standard bearer for Redskins fans. McCloughan will not deliver a winner in 2015. There are too many roster holes and lack of talent in critical depth positions. Have the faith!

Hope you all have room for another depressed, but, well, maybe, hopeful fan!

I don't know you from shinola - but welcome back just the same!!!!

guess it's like a drive in the mountains: turning a bend and anxious to see what's oncoming!

Hey brother, nice to see you around :cheers: I think you pretty much just summed up what most fans are hoping. It's probably been one of the lower points in franchise history the past two years, so I hope McLovin (as we have anointed him) is the piece that finally gets the Redskins back on a path towards winning consistently again.

Welcome back, Penn. Grab a brew.

So far, this Redskins offseason has been nothing short of a slam dunk. In less than a month, we have

1) jettisoned the anvil that was our former defensive coordinator, giving us a fighting chance of at least competing defensively again regardless of who we bring in to replace him, and

2) turned a fundamental corner in organizational structure, at long last joining the rest of the competent NFL by acquiring a no-kidding, full-time qualified talent evaluator.

Those two things alone are cause for celebration. Not with bubbly--we'll save that for seeing results on the field. But certainly with a really fine-tasting crisp ale or two.

Hail.

Welcome back, Penn. Grab a brew.

So far, this Redskins offseason has been nothing short of a slam dunk. In less than a month, we have

1) jettisoned the anvil that was our former defensive coordinator, giving us a fighting chance of at least competing defensively again regardless of who we bring in to replace him, and

2) turned a fundamental corner in organizational structure, at long last joining the rest of the competent NFL by acquiring a no-kidding, full-time qualified talent evaluator.

Those two things alone are cause for celebration. Not with bubbly--we'll save that for seeing results on the field. But certainly with a really fine-tasting crisp ale or two.

Hail.

Beer tastes better anyway... :)

And welcome back Penn!

Thanks all. The big test for the Dan Snyder corner will be next offseason, not this one. This one he has clearly committed to non interference and allowing GMSM the freedoms to rebuild. Next offseason will be the key to see if he sticks to that plan. Marty lasted one year because Snyder admittedly wasn't having 'fun'. Now, I do believe Snyder is older and more mature and may have finally grasped the bigger picture here.

As for GMSM I was glad to hear no changes to personnel and scouting this year. Shows he is smart and methodical. Don't know what you have until you witness it. Quite frankly, we don't know how good our scouting department is, we haven't had a front office that has listened to them.

Again, thanks for the welcome back.

Thanks all. The big test for the Dan Snyder corner will be next offseason, not this one. This one he has clearly committed to non interference and allowing GMSM the freedoms to rebuild. Next offseason will be the key to see if he sticks to that plan. Marty lasted one year because Snyder admittedly wasn't having 'fun'. Now, I do believe Snyder is older and more mature and may have finally grasped the bigger picture here.

As for GMSM I was glad to hear no changes to personnel and scouting this year. Shows he is smart and methodical. Don't know what you have until you witness it. Quite frankly, we don't know how good our scouting department is, we haven't had a front office that has listened to them.

Again, thanks for the welcome back.

vis Scot...one thing he recites in his history that the pundits haven't picked up on (and which I am happily waiting for): when he was a young pup Wolf et al trained him - philosophy, process, what to look for, etc. hoping he informally or formally does same for our scouts/personnel evaluators.

Great point Al. One of the reasons the Packers have been so successful for twenty years (along with the Favre to Rodgers pipeline) is the steady stream of talent they have nurtured in their FO. If Scot can do something similar here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.