• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nationals 2015

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Why not get a jump on the Nats?

Key Additions:

Dan Uggla (2B) (i know... not key)
Trea Turner (SS)
Joe Ross (P)

Key Losses:

Astrubal Cabrera (2B)
Stephen Souza Jr (OF)
Adam LaRoche (1B)

Trade Rumors:

Ben Zobrist (2B)

If we can pull off getting our hands on Zobrist it would be HUGE. You then move Rendon to 3rd and have one of the better infields in baseball. Hopefully Harper can build on his post season and continue getting better at the plate.

Last edited:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/01/18/the-nationals-could-be-finalists-for-max-scherzer-heres-how-they-could-make-it-work/?postshare=3211421627461955

Looks like the Nats are players for Scherzer... I hate using Wapo but this article breaks down how we could sign Scherzer to a $25m per year deal and still maintain a $130m salary hit... Less then the $134m salary listed last season. If they can some how pull this off, and it's possible to happen and KEEP Zimmerman and Desmond, the starting 5 would be:

Strasburg, Zimmerman, Scherzer, Fister, Gonzales.

IMHO I wouldnt mind us moving Zimmerman and turning him into a power hitting 3rd baseman, and a middle/late reliever. I wouldn't hate getting a closer, but I'm hoping Barrett can take that spot. With Tanner Roark coming on strong last year, signing Scherzer would allow us to move one of our other starters and turn them into a key position elsewhere.

Yeah, either way - the starting rotation looks SICK.

Rumors are that now that Scherzer is in the fold - they are shopping J-Zimm hard.

Scherzer signed last night.. latest rumor I've heard is that we're now shopping Strasburg.

Orioles should strongly consider that move. They have a solid rotation, but add Strausburg to the lineup and Jimenez to middle relief with the loss of Miller. Jimenez can't pitch more than 4 innings anymore.

Just not sure what would be expected in return for Strausburg.

Just not sure what would be expected in return for Strausburg.

If it was up to me, we'd add a late inning guy, and an every day starter at either 2b or 3b. IF there is a prospect at either one of those positions in the pipeline that's a good enough prospect, I'd be ok with that, as we have the ability to play this season just fine. Next season, as well as future seasons, is my concern.

sad to see the way Stras was used in DC. Hopefully he can regain some of his form back.

This thread died with the Scherzer deal? What?!

First place team, inside the beltway, no-hit the Bucs a month ago, Bryce is probably the NL MVP, and this thread dies with the Scherzer deal?

"These are not the DC sports fans I'm looking for." ;)

I know I'm not the only one watching the Nats - pretty bizarre that the most recent Nats thread is a year old. Nevertheless - there's a reason why I can only casually root for non-Redskins DC teams. It's because a human can only take so much effing pain. Watching the Nationals piss all over their fans tonight in their home stadium, well hell, it's just expected.

If I want punishment, I have that in spades with my existing fan choices.

Surely we have a Nats fan or two here (and for God's sake, post about your team if there are Nats fans among us). What say you?

Orioles pissed all over their fans, too. Luckily it happened in Canada.

Can a mod change the subject to this thread to remove the year and leave it as 'Nationals' or should I just start a new thread?

edit: Disregard, I'm gonna just start a new thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.