• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins, Haslett Part Ways

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
December 31, 2014

REDSKINS, JIM HASLETT MUTUALLY AGREE
TO PART WAYS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that the team and Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett have mutually agreed to part ways.

Head Coach Jay Gruden and Haslett made the following statements:

“Jim and I have had discussions over the last few days and have decided that it’s best for everyone that we have a new Defensive Coordinator for the Washington Redskins. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.”
– Head Coach Jay Gruden

“Jay and I mutually agreed it’s time for the Redskins to have a new Defensive Coordinator. I want to thank Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, Coach Gruden and all the players and fellow coaches for their efforts the last five years and I wish them nothing but the best.” – Jim Haslett

President/General Manager Bruce Allen will address the media at 10:30 a.m. at Redskins Park.

Are the SF assistants going to Michigan with Harbaugh or staying in the NFL?

If their defensive coaches are made free agents we should talk to them.

So, who's gonna be our new DC?

I'm guessing it will have a lot to do with weather Gruden wants to stay with the 34, or go back to running the 43.

Last edited:
never should have been hired in the first place but thank god he is gone

Just fearful we get Wade, like you and I screamed out loud for Shanahan to do 4 years ago, may be long in the tooth at this point. I think Wade is probably the perfect DC if we stay in a 3-4 but I am inclined to see us return to the 4-3.

Keim made the best point in re the failures on defense in the 3-4, namely the inability to identify an anchor inside at NT.

Cofield was miscast in this role and the team never made any upgrades.

Casey Hampton in Pittsburgh, Haloti Ngata in Baltimore, Sam Adams and Vince Wilfork in NE..........

We never made the commitment to getting it right in the front seven.

That's why we were in the 20's in rankings year after year, if not worse.

Are the SF assistants going to Michigan with Harbaugh or staying in the NFL?

If their defensive coaches are made free agents we should talk to them.

redskins asked 49ers for perm to talk to fangio.....9ers responded no. Fangio is being interviewed for the HC job. also has another yr on his contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.