• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haslett is gone

Yeah, but here is why BPA can never work. It may be semantics, but BPA isn't even an option.

Round 1: BPA is a QB.
Round 2: BPA is a QB.
Round 3: BPA is a QB
Round 4: BPA is a QB
Round 5: BPA is a QB
Round 6: BPA is a QB
Round 7: BPA is a QB

Do you draft 7 QBs? Of course not, because there is no need they can fill.
We both know that would never even happen.

In the 1st rd, if we got the grade right, other teams would also think that QB was BPA, and we trade out of the position. which, you always try to do in that situation.

Now, you don't let marginal differences in grade exempt you from taking the lower graded guy, over the position you don't really need.

There are always exceptions. But BPA is the starting point for every GM in the league. Bar none.

So if that's what he said, My next question would be why should we trust you to make the right decision on the next GM? My point is he still has a job and taking pot shots comes with 3-5 win seasons...I don't feel sorry for him but expecting a response that makes everything go away ain't happening.
I'd rather hear him say something like "It's obvious that what we've been doing isn't working, I apologize to every single fan out there, and I'm immediately moving to another role in the organization and we'll emphasize bringing in a GM whose main focus and strength is in evaluating players."

Snyder and Allen blamed Shanahan but then again they were the ones that brought him to town.

Allen's stay in Tampa was anything but smooth. He came in after Rich McKay had built the team with Dungy and after Gruden had won the Super Bowl.

The players got older and Tampa fell from elite to a wildcard as Allen failed to draft replacements for Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, etc.

While I realize he was terrible, I honestly can't get excited much about the firing of Haslett. Coaches have been let go or replaced numerous times within this organization with similar results.

At the end of the day, we are still talent poor, have inadequate talent evaluators, a bad owner, and mismanage the draft time and time again.

A new guy will take Haslett's spot, but how much will that affect our win-loss record?

If all the other aspects of this organization remain status quo, I'm guessing not much.

So if that's what he said, My next question would be why should we trust you to make the right decision on the next GM? My point is he still has a job and taking pot shots comes with 3-5 win seasons...I don't feel sorry for him but expecting a response that makes everything go away ain't happening.

I don't think he is qualified to pick the next GM. Nor do I think Dan is.

But that's what I'd like to hear.

Those guys really seem like they're in outer space. He just had this loathsome smirk on his face during that press conference. Like he's super smart or something.

Does he even take this seriously?

Teams owe it to their fans to put a winner on the field.

They have no obligation whatsoever to disclose how they intend to do it.

Either watch, or don't. It's that simple.

I think what we are finding out is real football people don't seem to get along with Snyder.

The suck ups like Cerrato and Allen get along fine because they don't question anything and never have an original thought.

The sad part is he is right. NFL fans continue to patronize teams that don't have a clue about winning.

The owners of long time losers like the Redskins, Bears, Jets, Oakland, etc are still making mega bucks.

Dan would appreciate that. Robots are predictable and easily controlled, unlike these coaches that always seem to want to go off and do their own thing without prior authorization.

Thought you were a robot. With 2 or 3 lines that just repeat over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

I'm a believer that there are 'spheres' of friendship in the NFL. Some originate in winning organizations. Others, from mediocre organizations.

We have the Tampa sphere going on now. These guys need to get out, look around the league to see who is perennial winners and latch onto some new blood that has a promising future.

The Danny has been sucked into the Tampa II sphere...but, he's easily impressionable when it comes to 'yes' men.

It's really wild, isn't it? It just doesn't have to be this difficult.

I can't cook anything. But if I love Chinese food, and open a Chinese restaurant, I'd simply go across town and hire the best chef from a similar restaurant.

They just don't get it. And sadly, they don't even need to get it. They crush it financially. There's no burning desire to change.

Haslett's gone? Jay talked to him and they agreed to parts ways?

But...but...I thought that Jay and Haslett were buddies and that Jay was too dumb to look past that relationship?

I guess the folks who were preaching that here in recent weeks, should go back to shaking their Magic 8 Ball again.

Haslett's gone? Jay talked to him and they agreed to parts ways?

But...but...I thought that Jay and Haslett were buddies and that Jay was too dumb to look past that relationship?

I guess the folks who were preaching that here in recent weeks, should go back to shaking their Magic 8 Ball again.

If you can guarantee one thing about Gruden, it's that he's not afraid of change. He'll try anything until it works.

I remember one year when he was coaching in the AFL. His top QB went down. The backup went down. They acquired another backup, and he went down.

He finally said "screw it" and became the QB himself. They won the Championship.

The downfall of Snyder is he doesn't seem to have any other interests.

Cooke owned media businesses and a real estate empire and during the offseason he left Beathard and Gibbs to prepare the team and attend to the details.

Snyder on the other hand has a full-time office at Redskins Park and worries over ALL of the details, so much so it suffocates whichever coach is in residence.

He wants to know about every practice squad signing and help manage the free agency and draft board.

He is a fan playing team executive just like those contests where the winner gets to be mayor for a day in a small town.

What would I do if I were in charge?

Scary that a billion dollar business is run that way but there it is.

Two days ago, Gruden said he'd suggest keeping Haslett on.

Go figure.

No way in hell could he have said no. He'd have been better off saying, we'll make our evaluations on players and coaches alike, and then make those decisions.

I have no idea how Snyder could watch that press conference, and then think that Bruce is the answer going forward.

Honestly, that's if he even cares. He may be content financially, and that's about it. But it sure would be nice if he'd sell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.