• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haslett is gone

That was the single most entertaining event for this team all season.

Wow, that was absolutely awesome.

What a total failure and embarrassment.

I wonder what Dan thinks when he watches that press conference? That's he's a total failure in the NFL and a huge joke? That he should sell?

We should only be so lucky.

Ax, it's not complaining, it's the truth.

There were a number of free agents under 30 this team could have used in 2014 but after we applied the franchise tag on Brian it are up a considerable portion of the available cap.

Now ask yourself if Orakpo fits into that 'most highly paid at his position' club at LB.

Is he as productive as Clay Matthews or Justin Houston? Von Miller?

No, he's not in that league.

And that first decision of the offseason affected what we could do to improve the team later on.

Stomping in spilled milk, holding ones breath, eventually, is just stomping in spilled milk, holding ones breath.

It was the right move to franchise him rather than over pay him long term like has been done in the past
now we know or LB group is one of the better groups on the team and should continue to be a strong point going forward.

That $11M cost us the chance to look to upgrade the OL.

Every time a free agent OL with experience was mentioned the reply was always 'but he's going to want more than the Redskins can afford to pay'.

YEAH, because we had to bring back #98 at an outrageous salary for what he has done here.

there's another way of looking at it - not saying it was right.

to wit: the defense was awful in 2013. the pass defense was awful in 2013. the pass rush was average - they believed the surest/quickest path forward was to augment the line and to keep what pass rushing skills they had; hence, Orakpo decision. they knew the defense was the biggest sore spot on this team (and remains so along with QB). murphy was an option but they had to have some doubts (his potential limitations as a pass rusher at the NFL level were in the evaluations and the media - concerns all borne out on the field). so, on that level, the decision made some sense.

Mike - can you explain what you mean about the timing deflecting criticism from Bruce - I am not following...

If you are the weasel GM of a team that just went 4-12, what better way to try and deflect some of the hard questions at an upcoming press conference than to fire Haslett 15 minutes before it begins?

Nice try Bruce. It didn't work. They grilled him.

Wait til we draft OLB with our first pick.

The drama, here, will be priceless entertainment.

Wait til we draft OLB with our first pick.

The drama, here, will be priceless entertainment.

lmao! I was thinking that last night looking at some mocks that have us doing just that!

lmao! I was thinking that last night looking at some mocks that have us doing just that!
Me too. I want it to happen just to witness the meltdown.

That, and you can never have too many pass rushers.

BPA, now and always.

BPA?

So if you were the GM of the Colts and you were picking in the first round, you would go QB if that was on your board even if an OL or defensive player was very close in grade?

No way Gruden shares any blame, huh McD?

As much as anyone brought into that situation.

Me too. I want it to happen just to witness the meltdown.

That, and you can never have too many pass rushers.

BPA, now and always.

Obviously not BPA if that happens to be a WR. We have plenty of needs to fit a great player in.

BPA?

So if you were the GM of the Colts and you were picking in the first round, you would go QB if that was on your board even if an OL or defensive player was very close in grade?

Of course not. Never BPA.

Well, if Garcon is the mouth that won't shut, he could be traded maybe. Making WR on option, if it's the BPA

I'm uncertain what Allen could have said that would be acceptable... two horrible seasons back to back. How can you spin that? What exactly would you rather hear?
If you are the weasel GM of a team that just went 4-12, what better way to try and deflect some of the hard questions at an upcoming press conference than to fire Haslett 15 minutes before it begins?

Nice try Bruce. It didn't work. They grilled him.

I'm uncertain what Allen could have said that would be acceptable... two horrible seasons back to back. How can you spin that? What exactly would you rather hear?

I'd rather hear him say something like "It's obvious that what we've been doing isn't working, I apologize to every single fan out there, and I'm immediately moving to another role in the organization and we'll emphasize bringing in a GM whose main focus and strength is in evaluating players."

Well, if Garcon is the mouth that won't shut, he could be traded maybe. Making WR on option, if it's the BPA

Yeah, but here is why BPA can never work. It may be semantics, but BPA isn't even an option.

Round 1: BPA is a QB.
Round 2: BPA is a QB.
Round 3: BPA is a QB
Round 4: BPA is a QB
Round 5: BPA is a QB
Round 6: BPA is a QB
Round 7: BPA is a QB

Do you draft 7 QBs? Of course not, because there is no need they can fill.

BPA?

That is a common scenario that happens, and is why most teams in that situation realize...that they need to trade back and let somebody else have that player that grades out so high. So yes, BPA. If the BPA is not somebody you need in any way, trade for more picks to let somebody else have him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.