• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Now we have this gem (Re: Cap'n Kirk)

ntotoro

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Make your bed and sleep in it, Gruden. This is your crossroads.

theScore

Nick

Who can blame him?

If any us of were in the same position, we'd likely feel the same way. I don't want any QB who wants to ride the bench his entire career.

Traded for what, exactly? You played your way out of a good deal forbus Kirk.

Robert & Kirk are both under contract, and should be back next year in an open competition.
Both should just shut their ****ing mouths. Come to work, and do their goddamn job. If neither takes hold of the job next year, buh-bye.

Cousins has come out and said he didn't ask to be traded. Sounds like media trying to stir the pot even before the off season really gets going.

Rumors need at least 48 hours before anyone believes in them even a little

Gruden doesn't have the history here but many of us have seen this movie before. I think Cap'n Kirk is the second coming of Gus Frerotte. If we were smart, we'd trade RGIII for as much as we could get for him and start the Cap'n. Like Frerotte, the Cap'n is probably a borderline starter/backup QB. However, I've gotten to a point where I don't think Griff is going to pan out and given the relatively small number of starts the Cap'n has had, I think there's a better than average chance he can fix the INT problem. In such a case, you hitch your wagon to the horse that's got a chance of getting over the hurdle and cut bait on the primadonna. Now maybe Cap'n Kirk never gets there. However given all the off the field foolishness we've had with Griff so far, I'm at a point where I think he's a bust. In that case, you go with the guy who actually has a chance every time and recoup your losses to the extent possible. Too bad Snyder won't let that happen so that we can recoup at least the modicum return for the many picks we laid out for Griff. I soooo hope I'm wrong but that's how I'm seeing things right now.

Hard to argue a whole LOT with any of that at this point, Yusuf.

Personally, I'm still one off-season away from reaching my saturation point with Robert. I still want to see with my own eyes what kind of player comes to camp this spring, and how the tea leaves fall once people 'in the know' start to assess what if any change has come.

I want to see if the young guy has learned anything about himself and truly, for the first time in his football life, humbled himself as a player and taken seriously the notion of no-kidding learning how to run an NFL offense. I want to allow for a holy shit--look at that kid THINK out there moment.

It won't take long to get a sense of what if any real progress he's made and/or makes once the footballs start flying. Every set of eyes in and around Redskins Park will be watching for the same thing, and over the course of a few short weeks we'll start to get a sense of what direction the needle is pointing.

If it's more of the same of what we've already seen heading into the season--I'll be ok cutting bait mentally and emotionally with this kid that the entire organization, and most of "Redskins Nation," has invested so much in in so many ways.

Last edited:
I think we need to give griff the benefit of the doubt. gruden needs to prove he can coach, and by coach I mean use the skills of the players he has and not scheme for the players he wishes he had. we need to put a decent oline in front of griffin and turn him loose, keep things simple and let him play football. Griffin is better than kirk, its not close but we all know qbs like griffin need to have an offence built to their strengths.

That's half the equation for sure. The other half is Robert deciding he needs to do his part as well, and that commitment becoming obvious both on the field and off.

As far as Cousins, one gets the impression he's already doing everything he can. The question with him is whether or not his best effort is going to be good enough to allow him grow into a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. Here or anywhere.

Kudos to you Om for being able to half follow that rambling post. Friends shouldn't let friends post drunk.:biggrin:

I'd like to be able to agree with you and Ryman. I loved it when we drafted Robert and hired Gruden. At the time both seemed to be exactly what the franchise needed, i.e. a franchise QB and for the latter, a player's coach with a demonstrated ability to teach and get the most out of the former. Unfortunately the intangibles for both just aren't there. Robert seems to think that he knows better than the coaches what he needs to do to become an NFL QB and even worse, isn't well liked by his team. Gruden doesn't have the leadership skills and seems to really be in over his head as a HC. Even worse, the organization around them isn't conducive to bringing along and developing inexperienced coaches/players. So, I'd like to see what you guys described happen. I just don't see things in place that would lead to either outcome. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Kudos to you Om for being able to half follow that rambling post. Friends shouldn't let friends post drunk.:biggrin:

I'd like to be able to agree with you and Ryman. I loved it when we drafted Robert and hired Gruden. At the time both seemed to be exactly what the franchise needed, i.e. a franchise QB and for the latter, a player's coach with a demonstrated ability to teach and get the most out of the former. Unfortunately the intangibles for both just aren't there. Robert seems to think that he knows better than the coaches what he needs to do to become an NFL QB and even worse, isn't well liked by his team. Gruden doesn't have the leadership skills and seems to really be in over his head as a HC. Even worse, the organization around them isn't conducive to bringing along and developing inexperienced coaches/players. So, I'd like to see what you guys described happen. I just don't see things in place that would lead to either outcome. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

The experienced coaches we've brought in offensively in Callahan and Cavanaugh (even Ragone now, who has coached QBs, too) as well as the presence of a legit GM (who can actually build a roster that harmoniously meshes as opposed to the smorgasbord of one-dimensional players whose strengths highlight weaknesses in those around them and vice versa), should really give these guys as much of a chance, organizationally, as any player/coach has ever had with this franchise.

Now, granted, it's going to take Scot more than this offseason to re-shape the FO to the point where the coaches/players are completely benefiting from a roster built in cohesion, but I suspect we'll start seeing the fruits of it right away, say if it ends in the result of a 7-9 or 8-8 season, if these guys truly are good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.