• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Haslett Hasbeenletgo Contest

I'll also say that I would not be shocked to see Gruden quit, not because the front office wants him gone, but because he is miserable. I just have a strong vibe he isn't happy and may not have the stomach to ride this thing out.

you know...I had this thought as well at one time.

hoping he's a man and not a quitter. he'd be done in the NFL if he did so.

per a separate post....I don't think he's a quitter. I do think he has the emotional responses of a 22 year old rather than a mature man facing adversity who needs to lead rather than pout.

GROW UP JAY. ASSESS. FORM A PLAN. COMMIT TO SUCCESS.

quitters are beneath contempt.

Bruce Allen to have a presser at 10:30 on Friday.

Some of you will try to guess some of these times according to the pressers, but you could be oh so wrong. :)

hey..this is DC...do leaks count? and I don't mean of the liquid variety.

rumor has it that Gruden is leaving because he believes the team name is racist. presser at 1030 Friday.

that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!

He also said the decision would be made by him, Bruce, and Dan, collectively. And that he would be on board with whatever the decision was.

They had to press him hard for an opinion on Haslett. I don't think his response there means a thing. He'll tell Dan and Bruce what he really thinks. Keep in mind - his success or failure hinges on who he has at that DC spot and he obviously knows that as well as anyone.

He sounded very lukewarm on Griffin. Short of Griffin coming in looking like an all pro, I will be surprised if he is anointed starter next season. I just don't think Gruden believes Griffin can be the guy. And he may be right.

He did sound to me like a guy who wants to be here and is taking his lumps in stride in year one. I didn't hear any defeat in his remarks - so that's a big plus.

Well I guessed 10 on Wednesday, but see Bruce Allen to speak at 10:30. Close and guess I was just anxious to get the news.

One scary thing is that the Skins don't terminate very many coaches. They mostly wait until they leave or fill a different vacancy in the organization.

One scary thing is that the Skins don't terminate very many coaches. They mostly wait until they leave or fill a different vacancy in the organization.

Technically he doesn't need to be terminated. Hey can just let his contract lapse.

Nick

Technically he doesn't need to be terminated. Hey can just let his contract lapse.

Nick

A commonly overlooked detail. He's no longer under contract and rarely do coaches get extended AFTER their contract expires. Usually if it's going to happen, I assume it happens the prior offseason, or during the season at some point.

He did sound to me like a guy who wants to be here and is taking his lumps in stride in year one. I didn't hear any defeat in his remarks - so that's a big plus.

I agree. I never saw any quit in him. I think he can grow into it and there needs to be patience. Haslett is gone IMO. No way Gruden hitches his success to that mediocrity. After seeing Has at work up close the conclusion is inescapable.

They had to press him hard for an opinion on Haslett. I don't think his response there means a thing. He'll tell Dan and Bruce what he really thinks. Keep in mind - his success or failure hinges on who he has at that DC spot and he obviously knows that as well as anyone.

I really hope that's true. I hope that logic is applied to Chris Foerster as well.

He sounded very lukewarm on Griffin. Short of Griffin coming in looking like an all pro, I will be surprised if he is anointed starter next season. I just don't think Gruden believes Griffin can be the guy. And he may be right.

If I'm Snyder/Allen I ask this: "Ok. Griffin is gone. What's your plan?"

If the answer is Cousins or McCoy.....I respond.....after laughing for half an hr..."ooooookaaaaaaay"

Nick

So in other words, they just "fixed the glitch" & he'll no longer be getting a paycheck.

Boy I hope he doesn't lose his mind over a stapler & try to burn it all down...

I dunno, maybe Redskins park could use a little cleansing fire. Maybe the servers that seem to contain this culture of mediocrity will burn up.

The sad truth is:

1. Griffin is probably not the answer at qb.

2. Haslett is a poor DC whose defenses collectively rank 23rd in the NFL during his career, but he will probably keep his job.

3. Gruden, like Norv Turner, is a nice guy to have a beer with but is not a born leader and motivator like his brother and will finish with Norv-like numbers in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.