• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v Cowboys

His decision to bring back the starters from 2013 including Orakpo and count on them I think should result in his exit from the club.

Four years is enough time to see that the defensive side of the ball has been a smelly mess and wasn't any better coming down the stretch.

We just won 4 games guys - seriously, good luck finding an NFL board - ANYWHERE, that isn't going to be pretty dismal after suffering through the second season of being one of the worst teams in the league. The only agenda at play is that people are pissed and want better from their team and of course they are looking for reasons for our team's failure or someone to 'blame' if you want to look at it that way. I'll keep saying it. Redskins fans aren't the problem :) Not even the ones you disagree with.

This season is over - thank God. It's a good time for everyone to recharge, find more important things to focus on, and try to muster up some hope for 'next year'.

THIS is one of the smartest things I've read anywhere lately. Well said John.

I think people are relieved the season is over. It's been really bad. Not just the Skins, but everything else the league has put us through since August has been draining. I'll not be watching the playoffs, and doubt I'll watch the Super Bowl. Just zero-interest on my part. I feel numb, apathetic towards football right now. And I'm glad I don't have to watch my childhood team play like dogshit for another 9 months. I'm sure I'll be ready to hope again next year at some point, but these two years back to back are just... draining. It's hard for me to blame someone for being done with Snyder, Gruden, Allen, Griffin, or anyone else we can blame. The entire organization failed this year: we won 4 ****ing games. 4 games. Jeebus. If the fans had a say in who would stay and who would go, I honestly don't know who I would want around next year.

What a disaster.

Just curious...what would anyone's agenda be?

Well, for me, I need to have my semi annual shaving of my back, then a Brazilian bikini waxing you know where. Some may argue I should stay as God intended, while others may say man-scaping is a must. If I include photos, we could have a full scale shit storm.

My hopeful self tells me that they are talking to his successor and want to make sure they have something in place before sending him on his way. My other self tells me, well, even I don't want to listen to that guy...

How the **** is that even possible?

^^^This. While I was sitting there half watching this "game", I was at least feeling just a little relief that this crapfest of a season is over and that the serious shitting of the defensive bed going on would surely guarantee Haslett's exit. As Boone said, I soooo hope this is just political correctness on the part of the team while contracts are already being discussed.

Haslett again in 2015?? Oh for ****'s sake!! :hanged:

Haslett has lost all credibility after criticizing Shanahan and saying that things would work differently this year.

Things were very similar in 2014 to 2013. Weak pass rush outside of Ryan Kerrigan. Linebackers that couldn't defend the pass. Slow safeties that are NFL castoffs who now could be out of the league after today's game, etc.

What changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.