• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v Cowboys

Stephen...find me on Facebook when you get back on. Happy new year, bro

7 wins in 2 years - yeah, that'll bring about some negativity. Actually I think you're off-base. It'll be a relief for most to have this horrible season over. The off-season is always more hopeful than the regular season. Free agency and the draft offer some slivers of hope that things can improve down the road.

I'm with Mike. This will always be my home but the next couple months are going to be a lot less about analysis, and more about poop throwing and agenda driven arguments. I'll pass.

I'm with Mike. This will always be my home but the next couple months are going to be a lot less about analysis, and more about poop throwing and agenda driven arguments. I'll pass.

Just curious...what would anyone's agenda be?

The hatred of Griffin by those that don't like him will intensify.

The ones who hate gruden will do what they can to argue him to be gone legitimate or not.

The bickering will increase, the feet will be dug in more, and the legitimate arguments will become less.

I mean, we already have people wanting to draft Winston. How loud do you think that noise is gonna be now that we lost?

All I want is fat boys that can play,no matter what side they are on.

I don't care if it's the Williams kid from USC or Schreff from Iowa or Mike,El or Goal....just as long as they can play.

That's all I ask.

Did you just call us fat boys?

Ouch..that makes me want to go block for a quarterback

Just curious...what would anyone's agenda be?

Every shortcoming can be spun in order to place blame on any aspect of the organization from top to bottom. Stats can be skewed to be used the same way. Whatever agenda a person has, arguments can be made that it's the problem. Anti Griffin, Anti Gruden, Anti Snyder, Anti eating waffles for breakfast on gameday. The next couple months is going to be spent stewing on the fact that we're a 4 - 12 team and missing the playoffs. A bad situation it is, but I, personally, think there are things to build on. When I've said that, I've been questioned. I've represented my case and that's it. No conversation, no support... just a loss of communication because of the fact that it goes against an opinion. It's been sent far beyond opinion in a lot of cases to where someone will argue against anything if it is in support of their personal opinion or agenda. I've seen people get frustrated that there is an influx of utter negativity be fired back against by the masses, yet when positive things are represented there is no conversation. It's a painful ending to a painful season, following multiple painful seasons. This place is a place to have conversations and be fan... not attack each other in threads about other boards and hate on the team for the sake of hating. Just my observation.

All I want is fat boys that can play,no matter what side they are on.

I don't care if it's the Williams kid from USC or Schreff from Iowa or Mike,El or Goal....just as long as they can play.

That's all I ask.

Here, here!

Let's get some nasty's and both sides of the ball will see improvement.

I hate the ****ing turds but glad they showed (hopefully) our organization how to build/protect an offense.

Every shortcoming can be spun in order to place blame on any aspect of the organization from top to bottom. Stats can be skewed to be used the same way. Whatever agenda a person has, arguments can be made that it's the problem. Anti Griffin, Anti Gruden, Anti Snyder, Anti eating waffles for breakfast on gameday. The next couple months is going to be spent stewing on the fact that we're a 4 - 12 team and missing the playoffs. A bad situation it is, but I, personally, think there are things to build on. When I've said that, I've been questioned. I've represented my case and that's it. No conversation, no support... just a loss of communication because of the fact that it goes against an opinion. It's been sent far beyond opinion in a lot of cases to where someone will argue against anything if it is in support of their personal opinion or agenda. I've seen people get frustrated that there is an influx of utter negativity be fired back against by the masses, yet when positive things are represented there is no conversation. It's a painful ending to a painful season, following multiple painful seasons. This place is a place to have conversations and be fan... not attack each other in threads about other boards and hate on the team for the sake of hating. Just my observation.

OK, I get that. You've got more important things in life coming up so focus on that. But when free agency comes, when the draft comes...I expect to see you giving some input.

Sorry for the attitude and early exit in chat. That was all me just being upset with the team and no one else.

On to the offseason.

The hatred of Griffin by those that don't like him will intensify.

The ones who hate gruden will do what they can to argue him to be gone legitimate or not.

The bickering will increase, the feet will be dug in more, and the legitimate arguments will become less.

I mean, we already have people wanting to draft Winston. How loud do you think that noise is gonna be now that we lost?

Umm...person. I think we can all agree that is a farcical assertion and that comes from the biggest FSU fan on this board. And you're right, people will argue, some will dig in their heals and some will make the effort for legitimate, respectful discourse.

It's the off-season...if you guys will take a break, we will respect that. I still find the conversation here more interesting than any social media out there.

I appreciate the respect but it wasn't and isn't about that. It's not that I feel I want the break but it's obvious that the tsunami is coming.

And like derek said, most of it is agenda driven. It sucks to try and have a legit conversation when it always comes down to that. And it will...no matter what we know it does.

I will most likely lurk because this board is the best out there. I wont necessarily take a break as much as I'll maintain muted a lot of the time to avoid getting myself and others worked up over frustration from a bad season, more then an actual frustration with each other.

We just won 4 games guys - seriously, good luck finding an NFL board - ANYWHERE, that isn't going to be pretty dismal after suffering through the second season of being one of the worst teams in the league. The only agenda at play is that people are pissed and want better from their team and of course they are looking for reasons for our team's failure or someone to 'blame' if you want to look at it that way. I'll keep saying it. Redskins fans aren't the problem :) Not even the ones you disagree with.

This season is over - thank God. It's a good time for everyone to recharge, find more important things to focus on, and try to muster up some hope for 'next year'.

Well..I guess we'll see.

I won't post an I told you so if it does happen. But then again I never do :)

I have changed my mind a bit. Gruden modified his offense the last 2-3 weeks to better suit what Griffin can do and that has helped him reclaim some legitimacy as a starting NFL quarterback. He still holds the ball too long and that leads to sacks and turnovers. But hopefully, for the FIRST TIME an NFL coach and Griffin can sit down in the offseason and Robert can learn how to properly prepare to be a fundamentally sound passer in the league. Previous years were about coming back from injuries rather than honing his craft as a field general.

At the same time the 44-17 loss to Dallas shows the blemishes this 4-12 team has.

We have not had a dominant defensive lineman in a generation. We need to use that #1 pick to acquire one IMO to provide the baseline for the re-development of the defense into something respectable.

We also need for the first time since Sean Taylor passed away to field a pair of safeties that scared anyone. The players we have there now can ALL be cut without a second thought.

More than ANYTHING, though, what I DON'T want to see is Bruce Allen come out and say as he did last year coming off 3-13, that the team had LIMITED starting opportunities available come camp time.

ANY team that finishes 3-13 or 4-12 can't have THAT MANY players whose jobs should be safe.

We need to embrace change and be cut-throat about getting rid of familiar faces that just aren't performing.

Dianna Marie Russini‏@NBCdianna Apparently at halftime Gruden laid into the defense saying that was the worst defensive half he'd ever seen in his life. #Redskins

Dianna Marie Russini@NBCdianna Sources tonight say nothing has changed or will change for 2015, Head Coach Jay Gruden will return next season. #Redskins

Dianna Marie Russini@NBCdianna As for Jim Haslett's future in Washington, sources say the decision hasn't been made yet. #Redskins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.