• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trent Williams Earns 3rd Pro Bowl Selection

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
December 23, 2014

TRENT WILLIAMS EARNS THIRD CONSECUTIVE
PRO BOWL SELECTION

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The National Football League announced today that tackle Trent Williams has been selected to the 2015 Pro Bowl. The annual contest of the NFL's best will take place Sunday, Jan. 25, 2015, at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

In addition, linebacker Ryan Kerrigan and running back Alfred Morris were selected as alternates.

Williams’ selection is the third of his career and his third consecutive selection since 2012. His selection this season is the 16th by a Redskins offensive tackle since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, joining Chris Samuels (2001-02, 05-08), Jim Lachey (1990-91), Mark May (1988) and Joe Jacoby (1983-86). Between Williams and Samuels, Redskins left tackles have been selected to seven of the last 10 Pro Bowls. Williams joins Samuels and Jacoby as the only Redskins tackles to make three consecutive trips to the Pro Bowl since the merger.

“It’s extremely humbling to know that your hard work and dedication pays off again and that people around the league – my peers – recognize my efforts and continue to vote me as one of the league’s best,” Williams said.

Williams, 26, is in his fourth season as an offensive captain for the Redskins and has been among the league’s top left tackles since being selected No. 4 overall in the 2010 NFL Draft. He has played 70 career games with the Redskins with 69 starts, including starting all 14 games in which he has played for Washington this season.

In each of his three Pro Bowl seasons, Williams has helped Redskins running back Alfred Morris eclipse 1,000 rushing yards, contributing to Morris becoming only the second player in team history with three consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Williams and his colleagues on the offensive line have helped Morris to 3,919 career rushing yards, the 15th-most by an NFL player in his first three seasons in NFL history. Williams, Morris and the group have been an integral part in Washington’s 6,460 rushing yards since 2012, the third-most in the NFL in that time frame.

“We’d like to congratulate Trent. He’s been our captain from Day 1 and obviously has had a good year,” Head Coach Jay Gruden said. “Despite being a little bit banged up, he’s fought through some injuries and still played at a very high level and we’re all proud of him.”

With Williams’ selection this year, the Redskins have had at least one Pro Bowl player for 21 straight seasons. The only year Washington has not had a Pro Bowler in team history was 1993.

Hasn't this been his worse year? It seems like he has been beat a lot more this year than any other year. I know injuries had a lot to do with that, but I guess I'm a little surprised. Either way, congrats to him for the honor.

Congrats for those guys. Too bad about Tress Way. Although leading the league in average, I guess he got hurt by return yardage?

Also, haven't been paying attention. I guess since they draft teams that its not an equal number from AFC and NFC? Both punters are from the AFC.

Am I the only one who finds the pro Bowl an ever increasing waste of time

Am I the only one who finds the pro Bowl an ever increasing waste of time

Nope. I feel the same way. I haven't watched in years. But I know the honor of being selected us a bigger deal to the players than playing in the game.

Trent Williams has suffered from both ankle and shoulder injuries that have slowed him down this season.

Last week from reports he finished the Eagles game not able to raise his right arm above the shoulder because of the pain.

So, yes I don't think it was his best season as a technician, but it very well might have been his best season in terms of showing he has what it takes to stay on the field and make a commitment to his teammates, despite the record of the club.

That's a guy you give a new contract to NOW instead of dickering around in the offseason and trying to cheat on the corners of a deal as I fear the team may do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.