• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Eagles-2nd game-Secondary Issues

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
It's never a "pleasure" to visit Eagles fan boards-their fans are, to put it kindly...weird. Nasty to each other, I mean things can get "testy" here but we don't refer to each other as "Lardass" or "c*nts"-and this is posters referring to other posters-other fan board members, not even other teams fans, coaches, players or anything like that.

It makes me want to spray hand sanitizer on my keyboard during the Recon visit. Yuck.

Anyway, Eagles fans were taken down a bit after the loss to the Cowboys Sunday night.

Well, maybe taken down a lot-even at 9-5 a few expressed a concern over a possible loss to the Redskins-not very many, to be honest, but a few.

Eagles fans found time to comment on Jay G.'s public statements about the game. And DeSean.

And their secondary.

Am embarrassing Sunday night prime time loss can instill a lot of humility and frustration.

Jay G.'s public comments are noticed far beyond the Redskins realm, BTW.

vic92353

He praised Jeremy Maclin's performance and not so much concerning Desean Jackson. He talked about his injuries and his blocking as a wide receiver. I wonder if this is going to hurt Desean's feelings. :D

ckudrick

Gruden is clearly trying to talk his way out of Washington ... he knows that place is so dysfunctional that he's better off getting fired.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles

His quotes about the greatness and professionalism of Maclin over the performance of Desean is a classic insult/motivational tactic. Little Gangsta is probably stewing away right now.

Call me crazy, but I'm not looking forward to Desean going all Dez Bryant on Badley this week.

Jordan629

Oh now it's a motivational tactic

that must've been lost on Griffin this season

time2rock[\

The comments about Maclin seems like the typical praise that Kelly usually gives to opposing players.

And his comments about DeSean seem nothing more than a little frustration with the injuries he has been dealing with and not being able to go 100%.

IronEagle

This is the week where DeSean Jackson can get his revenge
and effectively end the Eagles' season.

Could you imagine that?

Dan Drives a Van

Against this secondary?

Yes. Yes I can.

greenfan

We're all suffering a crisis of confidence IG. And DeSean may very well get a touchdown or two. The problem is he is on a team that doesn't necessarily have a QB who can get him the ball, a decent O-line protecting said QB and a defense. Deadskins are a cluster****. I know on any given Sunday and all that but... frankly I'm a bit more concerned about Odell Beckham. Eli still has his moments and can get that guy the ball.

Maniac

Can't see a problem if Bob Griffith is starting.

Wolfpack

If we don't make the playoffs, he will get the last laugh. If Jackson was still on this team, we would definitely be in.

Eagle Road

Really?

I don't care how good your rec, is, somebody still has to get the ball to him.

Nabbs4u

At this point nothing would surprise me. I mean we are talking about DJack lining up opposite Fletcher come Sat. Hell that could be TD #10 ,11 and 12 given up by him on the season.

Bradley Fletcher isn't ecxactly a "fan favorite".

DeJack_10

Chip Kelly quote: "Bradley Fletcher has allowed the most TDs (9) and second-most yards (908) among all NFL cornerbacks this season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Asked why he

More...

I look forward to these each week and you do a great job !

Thanks Serv!

Thanks for the leg work Serv!

I'd pretty much be thinking the same things.

I seriously appreciate all the thanks. I get a kick out of checking out what fans of upcoming opponents think about playing the Skins-even the weird ones like Eagles fans. One thing I have noticed that the troubles the Redskins are having are usually pretty much known league wide and many of the posts mirror a lot of the things Redskins fans are, and have been, saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.