• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Official Game Day Thread: Redskins @ Giants

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Three left boys. We may suck but enjoy them while they are here for all too soon we will be stuck cheering for whoever makes the playoffs and we can stomach.

Three left boys. We may suck but enjoy them while they are here for all too soon we will be stuck cheering for whoever makes the playoffs and we can stomach.

yeah, so I heard Bob was in so I watched the last drive of the half until now.

I'm sorry. I don't trust any call out of New York in favor of New York as legitimate in any way. Take away a Redskin TD and then penalize us THRITY yards on the ensuing kickoff? Somewhere John Mara is smiling.

I literally can't watch the Giants play anymore, ever. It makes me sick. Off to go run errands. Good luck Redskins!

Why in the world did we just quit inside of 2 minutes, I know it is a long shot, but to just run plays like that? That pisses me off.

All the penalties, there is zero discipline and zero control of this team.

Why in the world did we just quit inside of 2 minutes, I know it is a long shot, but to just run plays like that? That pisses me off.

All the penalties, there is zero discipline and zero control of this team.

I was wondering the same thing. It was like Gruden just wanted the game to end. The punt was a dumb decision, but they got a break. Instead of trying to throw it into the endzone, they call a screen???? Why not just take a knee if you don't want to play?

I actually liked the fight and the effort shown by the team today. Then at the end of the game, the coach is the one not putting in the effort.

Yeah, I didn't like that either Derek. You never know what can happen. Don't understand essentially taking a knee the rest of the way.

I was wondering the same thing. It was like Gruden just wanted the game to end. The punt was a dumb decision, but they got a break. Instead of trying to throw it into the endzone, they call a screen???? Why not just take a knee if you don't want to play?

I actually liked the fight and the effort shown by the team today. Then at the end of the game, the coach is the one not putting in the effort.

Yeah, I didn't like that either Derek. You never know what can happen. Don't understand essentially taking a knee the rest of the way.

Monday night miracle, it can happen.....

If Gruden stays as HC, he is going to bring in Brian Hoyer. I can see this coming a mile away.

In the hurry up, isn't the QB calling the shots? I thought Robert might have been a little gimpy on his right leg after he got sacked with his legs coming out from under him and landing on his back. The next play they run it. I figured he didn't feel like he could run on it so called a run.

In the hurry up, isn't the QB calling the shots? I thought Robert might have been a little gimpy on his right leg after he got sacked with his legs coming out from under him and landing on his back. The next play they run it. I figured he didn't feel like he could run on it so called a run.

I don't think he was calling the plays then, wasn't he holding his helmet to hear a play call?

He kept looking at the sidelines for the play. It was strange as the QB normally calls plays. But some coaches like to call the plays even in the 2 minute.

As for the last play, that's definitely a play the coach called. It was right after a change of possession. There is no reason a QB would call a play on their own there. The coach sends out the play in that situation.

rgiiitakeawaytd1.png

I don't know how much more conclusive a shot you can find of a rushing touchdown.

rgiiitakeawaytd1.png

I don't know how much more conclusive a shot you can find of a rushing touchdown.

I agree he had control there, but I think they were saying he lost control while in the air and therefore had to get control and establish himself in the field of play (like a catch) in order to have 'repossessed'. At least that's the way I understood their logic. Whether that's appropriate for that rule, I don't know.

Last edited:
That was one of the worst if not the worst calls I've seen since the infamous call by the replacement refs in GB vs Seattle

It hurt..no doubt.

But we need to be able to rise above it and not let silly things like that sink us. This was as bad a ref job as if H.G. Hochuli himself was calling the game but I'd have liked to seen us fight all the way to the end instead of giving up.

I mean, the coach let the clock run down under 30 seconds and called a timeout instead of trying to at least score and get reps in.

I agree he had control there, but I think they were saying he lost control while in the air and therefore had to get control and establish himself in the field of play (like a catch) in order to have 'repossessed'. At least that's the way I understood their logic. Whether that's appropriate for that rule, I don't know.

They way they explained the rule, I'm not sure if that was the right interpretation or not. If the same thing happened in the field of play, would it be considered a fumble? Or would he be considered down by contact when he hit the ground? I've seen so many plays this year they would not overturn because it was not obvious, but this one they overturn?

I think the other part of it for me is that it was interpreted by Jeff Triplette, who is the worse ref in football. He was the ref during last years Giants game where the Redskins got a first down, then the next play, it was 4th down because he overturned it the play after. There are some refs, when they go under the hood, you wonder what they will call despite the video.

That would be the rule for a catch, but a run? I don't think so.

Nick

It hurt..no doubt.

But we need to be able to rise above it and not let silly things like that sink us. This was as bad a ref job as if H.G. Hochuli himself was calling the game but I'd have liked to seen us fight all the way to the end instead of giving up.

I mean, the coach let the clock run down under 30 seconds and called a timeout instead of trying to at least score and get reps in.

That is all true but beside the point. As Moss said, "this always happens to us." And you'd think he was just making it up except for the fact that it was this same crew against these same Giants who couldn't figure out if we had a first down or a fourth down during a potentially game-tying drive last year. Same old same old.

And then on top of a highly questionable call they give us thirty yards AND and ejection for ranting at the refs? THIRTY YARDS? Are you kidding me? Throw the guy out of the game with a penalty. This double-secret probation crap is complete and utter horse-hockey.

I just couldn't watch after that. We were up 13-10 and I had to turn it off and walk away. It's every freakin year with this team. The Giants are what is wrong with this league personified. They are a simpering little teacher's pet, and I can't watch a game they are involved in without wanting to reach through the TV and slap every single one of them. The Redskins suck. They utterly suck. Dan Snyder sucks. The team is 3-11. Individual bad calls mean absolutely nothing at this point. What does matter is the integrity of the league, and it's all gone. All gone.

I'd tell you what I'd do if I were the owner of the Redskins. I'd forfeit every game against the Giants. Just not show up at all. Tell them and Goodell that if having the Giants win is SO important that they have to make up rules and strong-arm players to enforce bullshit penalties, that they can have those games because they mean nothing on the field. I would literally boycott those games until they gave us our GD 36 million back and crap like this came to a stop. Because right now, every BS call that goes the Giants way just makes the league look that much more corrupt, whether genuine or not.

The Giants disgust me. They absolutely disgust me. I would have nothing to do with them ever again.

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this drek.

*Raises arms, drops the mike and walks off the stage*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.