• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Official Game Day Thread: Redskins @ Giants

Er ... I made no assumptions. Hence the question mark.

Not sure what you're doing now so ... have a nice thread?
You literally wrote assume in the quote. Are your eyes failing you now, my friend?

It's not a really nice thread..we're all arguing about refs screwing us instead of the real issue of us sucking and using this one play as a springboard to get better.

The positive for me on that play is Griffin was fast, he hit that corner fast, and sailed like a beautiful eagle for a touchdown. I was impressed there and had hope.

As much as it hurts me to say it, Santana Moss should be made an example of not allowing emotions to cost your team.

I'd talk to him about it in private. Let him know I was using him to send a message to the team. And release him.

That way, if a playoff bound team were interested in signing him, he'd have a chance to finish his career on a high note. Releasing him would give him control over where he'd go, verses being waived.

I think he'd get it, and not bad mouth anyone on his way out the door.

That boy good..

That boy real good

Seriously, how sad is it that I love this place 1000x more than the 'Skins... :pint:

Nick

The bottom line is simple...if we were a better team calls like this wouldn't matter.

And for the record, I think the refs actually got it right. All the screen grabs in this thread are stills. In full motion it is obvious Robert does not have control of the ball as he crosses the goal line.

The bottom line is simple...if we were a better team calls like this wouldn't matter.

And for the record, I think the refs actually got it right. All the screen grabs in this thread are stills. In full motion it is obvious Robert does not have control of the ball as he crosses the goal line.

Good hustle on Pierre-Paul's part to disrupt the ball-handling.

The call was correct but the rule is BS on running plays. Makes sense when you are talking about possession after a catch but Griffin ran 9 yards with the ball in his hands. In my mind the guy with the ball should maintain possession of it until it is shown to be taken away and held by another player.

Ditto for the 'ground doesn't cause a fumble'. That's the rule, but that's putting skirts on everyone.

If you hit the ground on a tackle and cough up the ball to another player it should be a turnover.

From what I saw, the rule reads if he lost control and it went out of bounds in the field of play, the O would get the ball at the place of the fumble. If it went into the endzone, and rolled out, the D would be given the ball as a touchback. The part that gets me is, if he lost control going it into the endzone as it's being labled, if he recovers in the endzone, as he seemed to, why isn't it a TD ? Did he not establish himself in bounds in the endzone ?

From what I saw, the rule reads if he lost control and it went out of bounds in the field of play, the O would get the ball at the place of the fumble. If it went into the endzone, and rolled out, the D would be given the ball as a touchback. The part that gets me is, if he lost control going it into the endzone as it's being labled, if he recovers in the endzone, as he seemed to, why isn't it a TD ? Did he not establish himself in bounds in the endzone ?

By the time he regains control of the ball both he and the ball are out of bounds. He didn't control the ball in bounds from about the 2 yard line on.

He did have control but when he landed out of bounds after passing thru the end zone he lost control again. He clearly has that ball in 2 hands and it is not moving. The whole "pass" thing is just ridiculous...he was past the LOS as well as running it.

You and I see it differently, Mike. I would have made the same call the Ref did.

He did have control but when he landed out of bounds after passing thru the end zone he lost control again. He clearly has that ball in 2 hands and it is not moving. The whole "pass" thing is just ridiculous...he was past the LOS as well as running it.

The rule I paraphrased is for running plays. The article was basically saying it's a bull shit rule, but until it changes the outcome of a game of significance, nothing will change.

If a player fumbles before crossing the goal line, the offense retains possession if the ball goes out of bounds before the end zone. If the ball goes out of bounds in the end zone, the defense gets possession — even without actually recovering the ball.
Worst rule in football wipes out Griffin touchdown | ProFootballTalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.