• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adopt a Family for Christmas - The BGO Edition

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I am adopting a family for Christmas and if anyone is interested in helping out, I know they would appreciate it. The family in need that I am helping this Christmas consists of parents James & Julie and their 3 kids, David (12), Michael (8), and Jennifer (4) (names changed to protect their privacy). James, just 30 years old, suffered a medication reaction recently which resulted in a series of strokes that have left him unable to work. His wife has a chronic neurological condition and can do only minimal part-time work. You can imagine their challenges, with hospital and every day bills, they have been fortunate to hang on to their apartment so far. But they are under a lot of stress.

I don't know these folks, but I found out about them after contacting a Home Health social worker and asking about families that might need help this Christmas.

I spoke to the wife today. She was so gracious and appreciative. She told me that she and her husband had already gathered their children together to tell them they just wouldn't be able to have a regular Christmas this year.

I am organizing Christmas for them - and my workmates and I are going to buy gifts and food for all of them to deliver the Monday before Christmas. I can't tell you how grateful Mom sounded today when I told her 'we got this'.

So I'm putting this out there to BGO. Christmas is just one day in the life of this family's current challenges. They need help. If you're interested in doing something utterly unselfish and generous this holiday season, here's your chance.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/bjx6/help-a-needy-high-point-nc-family-this-christmas

Come on my BGO brothers and sisters, we got this!

Thank you Derek! I don't know if they are Redskins fans - but they will be by the time I get done with them :) Appreciate your generosity brother. :cheers:

Last edited:
No problem! As you can tell in the random Redskins thought thread I am full of piss and vinegar there, I have to even that our once in a while ;-)

Good luck John!

I am tempted to raffle off a signed helmet for this cause.... I have 4 different styles with major autographs on each one...

We're all full of piss and vinegar right now but the brotherly and sisterly love is still there.

Anyone who donates to our adopted family (any amount) goes into a drawing for a framed autographed Pat Fischer photograph. Right now, SC_RedskinsFan owns it. Come on peeps, let's see some of that Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Whateva spirit :)

I'm giving away a prized item here for strangers. Pay it forward.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...this-christmas

Wow. I, on a whim, posted my link in a comment to Pierre Garcon on Facebook. 10 minutes later, a $500.00 anonymous donation.

Color me blown away. I know it had to be him.

PS - please donate - this family really needs the help.

We've adopted a family with 3 kids for Christmas too Boone. Good on ya! :) For us it's one of my wife's foster families, kids who not only can't afford gifts but come from wrecked homes and aren't even with their parents right now. Gotta admit it feels good to do it.

Kelly and I adopt a kid every year for Christmas. She likes to get my son involved in it so he knows that other people don't have it as good as us and we should help when we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great, thank you for posting this. I truly wish I could do more, but I'm starting a new job and things are tight. Next year though, Em and I may do something like this for a family up here.

Thanks guys and obviously no pressure!

This is an awesome idea. And Pierre Garcon is a class act. I think being from Haiti and knowing everything they've suffered through is part of that.

Last edited:
I have been tough on Garcon at times for what I perceive to be a 'me me me' personality. From now on, he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

That autographed photo of Pat Fischer is up for grabs folks. Donate if you can!

Any ideas to 'get this out there' are appreciated. I'm all over Facebook and Twitter but there may be other avenues to try and get donations. Suggestions?

$1,255 donated so far. That's rent for a month and probably pays to keep the power on. Pass the donation page link on everywhere you can folks, even if you can't donate, you can share the link on Facebook, any groups you belong to, on other sites, etc... Goal is $5,000 for this family. At this point in their lives, that would be life-changing.

http://gfwd.at/1GvIndH

$1,255 donated so far. That's rent for a month and probably pays to keep the power on. Pass the donation page link on everywhere you can folks, even if you can't donate, you can share the link on Facebook, any groups you belong to, on other sites, etc... Goal is $5,000 for this family. At this point in their lives, that would be life-changing.

http://gfwd.at/1GvIndH

I shared it on FB as well, the more people who see it the better. You should send it to other players, you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I saw this. I just donated. This is a great idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.