• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMQB:Any Sense of Stability is Sacrificed

This is also a first for me, never have I been in this state of hopeless despair about the team.

Not even in 2009 with Vinny running the team, bingo caller calling the plays, Zorn, Jason Campbell with Portis falling apart on offense, nothing other than Orakpo on defense, 0 offensive line after Samuels decided he was retiring due to injury?

Right now at least we have Kerrigan, Robinson possibly Breeland and a great punter. Not much for sure on offense though long term other than Trent Williams and Jackson.

Not even in 2009 with Vinny running the team, bingo caller calling the plays, Zorn, Jason Campbell with Portis falling apart on offense, nothing other than Orakpo on defense, 0 offensive line after Samuels decided he was retiring due to injury?

Right now at least we have Kerrigan, Robinson possibly Breeland and a great punter. Not much for sure on offense though long term other than Trent Williams and Jackson.

Hmmm. I can't speak for anyone else, but one difference to me is that in 2009, 2009 hadn't already happened. After that season Snyder seems to 'get it' and he fired Vinnie and supposedly hired a GM and a coach and took a step back and things supposedly changed. Now we can see that they clearly didn't. My worst fears about the Allen hire, specifically, that he was only hired to lure Shanahan to the team and not actually DO anything, and then when he was retained upon Shanahan's dismissal he was clearly not qualified to make personnel decisions, have been realized.

On top of that, the Redskins have now managed to find a once-in-a-generation talent at QB, paid a crazy price to get him, and then proceeded to utterly destroy him, both physically and mentally, in just three short years. In 2009 we were simply a crappy team with a crappy owner. In 2014 we are are the Bringer of Destruction to even the brightest of stars. There is literally nobody this team could bring in that I would not expect this team to eventually tear down and discard like a piece of trash.

A few solid defensive players and punter doesn't really change much in the great scheme of things.

Yea Henry I was just about to respond that it's the cumulative effect that has brought me to this point, not any one craptacular season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.