• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMQB:Any Sense of Stability is Sacrificed

Yes, my point. The systems were adapted to the strengths of the QB. Seattle in particular tried to start Wilson off as a pure pocket guy, and when he struggled they added the read/option. Now he's super-awesome and fun at parties.

I don't know if Griffin is done or not. At this point we just have to trust Gruden, who in my opinion appears to be bumbling through the season like a ... well like a guy who's never been a coach before as opposed to an experienced and/or skilled technician. Forgive me, my faith in Gruden isn't exactly all that high at the moment, but I guess we have no choice but to let him make these calls.

Must've been a hell of an interview.

Nope, the best interview ever given was Jim Zorn, sold us a bill of goods.

sorry, but this whole "slide thing" has been blown way out of proportion. His main problem was taking the big hits instead of learning to avoid them. There are lots of quarterbacks who cant slide. Its always a funny laugh out of the commentators when it happens yet because Griffin hurt his knee by a VERY big Ngata who is agile and strong as **** he now suddenly cant slide.

Guess what? He slid this year just fine. He ran out of bounds instead of trying for the big hit unless it was to try and get something going.

You don't get it. Its not that he can't do it. Its the fact that it is a very simple learned thing to do. That alone points to somethng else nobody saw in Griffin. Its not about taking hits because he can't slide. You totally missed the point. Not surprising. And don't apologize for your own comments. We can take them for what they're worth.

but to your point, SF and Seattle weren't a R/O based system first. They were power running / suffocating defense. Look at who the QBs were BEFORE those mobile qbs... Alex Smith and Matt Hasselbeck. Both pocket passing QBs. Kap and Wilson came into those style offenses and were able to execute them, then adding R/O to ACCENT the system, not as a base.

It wasn't a base for us in 2012 either, we ran it less than 20% of the time. But those teams have lines that will work for ANY system, and they have tailored their offense to utilize those QB's skills to the utmost. We did that one year and have been trying to make Robert something he's not ever since. Add in the lousy coaching on fundamentals he evidently got post knee surgery and you're talking a QB who's a mess now.

You don't get it. Its not that he can't do it. Its the fact that it is a very simple learned thing to do. That alone points to somethng else nobody saw in Griffin. Its not about taking hits because he can't slide. You totally missed the point. Not surprising. And don't apologize for your own comments. We can take them for what they're worth.

I dont get it? No, I think I get it perfectly.

If it so simple why do so many other quarterbacks have the same issue?

Awkward moment No. 2 - Eli's slide - NFL Videos

the list goes on and on and on.

PS - I will NEVER apologize to you for anything ever. Hopefully we have that straight now.

It wasn't a base for us in 2012 either, we ran it less than 20% of the time. But those teams have lines that will work for ANY system, and they have tailored their offense to utilize those QB's skills to the utmost. We did that one year and have been trying to make Robert something he's not ever since. Add in the lousy coaching on fundamentals he evidently got post knee surgery and you're talking a QB who's a mess now.

ok, so whats the argument against Gruden for evaluating Griffin based on the mass majority of the offense? If he cant be effective in 20% of the offense we want to run NOW then that means we would supposedly have to run R/O more often then not, which cannot work. He's got failing grades at the mass majority of our offense and he made a decision to go with a different QB. If Griff was not coached properly returning from his knee surgery, Gruden has/had nothing to do with that. I dont know what people want from Gruden NOW. He came out and flamed Griffin and i dont agree with that.. I do agree that Griffin is not ready to execute a pro-style offense, regardless of whether we are using R/O at times or not.

What would you like Gruden to do between now and the end of the season to give you something to believe in? Is there anything at all or have you given up on him?

has any QB ran this offense successfully?

ok, so whats the argument against Gruden for evaluating Griffin based on the mass majority of the offense? If he cant be effective in 20% of the offense we want to run NOW then that means we would supposedly have to run R/O more often then not, which cannot work. He's got failing grades at the mass majority of our offense and he made a decision to go with a different QB. If Griff was not coached properly returning from his knee surgery, Gruden has/had nothing to do with that. I dont know what people want from Gruden NOW. He came out and flamed Griffin and i dont agree with that.. I do agree that Griffin is not ready to execute a pro-style offense, regardless of whether we are using R/O at times or not.

What would you like Gruden to do between now and the end of the season to give you something to believe in? Is there anything at all or have you given up on him?

Gruden isn't responsible but the fact as I see it is Griffin has been failed by two coaching staffs to varying degrees and with different screw ups.

2 things:

1 The line is still the issue, this won't get better until that is overhauled.

2. Yea I've pretty much given up.

No, and that NEEDs to get fixed. It wont change with the benching of a QB, or the starting of one. It's bigger then that.

but you've benched one who has been successful in the league, drug him thru the mud, and started a guy who has been a failure as a starter and spent most of the rest as a backup holding a clipboard while not holding him to the same fire for making the same mistakes.

Griffin had 3.5 games and 123 pass attempts to master something that NONE of the quarterbacks have been able to. Cousins is now an interception machine when he wasn't before, and Colt is doing the exact same thing Griffin is. So, is it all 3 quarterbacks that have the same problem or the coach who cant seem to get his offense to run with 3 totally different people?

Cousins has ALWAYS been a QB who has INT's in BIg chunks as his M.O. It was his M.O. at MSU. Puts up lots of yards, makes the right reads and plays 80% of the time but gets deer in the headlights when the pressure of the game being on the line arises. It's why I was never for him being our starter I saw this routine for 4 years in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Wrong, it's been over 20. But don't let that stop a Snyder lynching. ;)

Sure. The Turner years were excruciating. But that was because he was a lousy coach. If 'lousy coach' was our only problem that would be a refreshing change.

Since Turner it's been more than just a bad coach, or a bad GM, or a bad QB.

Feel free to disagree and call it a lynching or whatever. I'm waaaaay past giving a damn.

Cousins has ALWAYS been a QB who has INT's BIg chunks his M.O. now was his M.O. at MSU. put up lots of yards, makes the right reads and plays 80% of the time but gets deer in the headlights when the pressure of the game being on the line arises. It's why I was never for him being our starter I saw this routine for 4 years in the Big Ten.

Most saw him as a pro style QB...even the mediots did. But my point is that now all 3 QBs are failing and Cousins isnt even active. Is this really the fault of 3 different men or the guy trying to get them all to do something none of them seem to be able to?

If I ask someone to do something and they cant...Ill ask the next guy. If the next guy cant Ill start considering if what Im asking is even possible. If its not working then we need to fix it or tailor it so that it does work. Trying to force people to learn something that doesnt work on this team is Grudens fault.

Most saw him as a pro style QB...even the mediots did. But my point is that now all 3 QBs are failing and Cousins isnt even active. Is this really the fault of 3 different men or the guy trying to get them all to do something none of them seem to be able to?

If I ask someone to do something and they cant...Ill ask the next guy. If the next guy cant Ill start considering if what Im asking is even possible. If its not working then we need to fix it or tailor it so that it does work. Trying to force people to learn something that doesnt work on this team is Grudens fault.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that none of the QBs are good enough to be established starters in this league? I'm 100% honestly asking. It does seem like a long shot, but it's not impossible.

I mean, if we want to say that 3 different QBs are all not able to start in this league instead of just blaming the one head coach that is not able to lead or adapt his offense to them.....I guess?

Seems like an excuse for a failing coach but I imagine its possible that all 3 quarterbacks suddenly forgot how to play and are not NFL material.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that none of the QBs are good enough to be established starters in this league? I'm 100% honestly asking. It does seem like a long shot, but it's not impossible.

Honestly, if all three are crap, why not work on developing the guy who's shown he can win in this league? Why are we mucking around with career backups?

Honestly, if all three are crap, why not work on developing the guy who's shown he can win in this league? Why are we mucking around with career backups?

I'm assuming you mean Griff. The only thing I can think of there is they are trying to move him this offseason and fear of a further injury could hurt his trade value (if there is any). I would (personally) prefer Griffin play as many snap as he can and try to develop him. Give him this coming training camp and preseason to have a chance to compete. Problem with that theory is that if there is zero faith in him, then he walks after next season... then the situation has not changed and we're another year into it.

On twitter, a reporter shared Rex Ryan's thoughts about the situation. He suggested that Gruden start RG3, just to remove any doubt left in the minds of anyone who believes he should be the QB--Snyder and the fans. For closure. And then the team can move forward.

Personally, I don't think Gruden wants to see the kid get killed on the field. Unlike Shanny, I believe the guy actually has a conscience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.