• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

this is what happens when your GM and your owners are fantasy football guys.

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
I have stated repeatedly that you do not build a team from the back 7 on defence, or the backfield on offence, selling out to draft a franchise qb is only a good move if you also protect that investment.

The Rg3 trade could have ended up being brilliant, all it would have taken was signing 2 offencive linemen in winston at RT and Mathis at LG, seriously, thats all both are either probowl or close to it, and would have given us a solid Oline that can pass pro.instead we signed trash and we act surprised when our massive investment is injured and gunshy.

on defence we keep signing players suited to a 4-3 and for some reason we keep running a 3-4, we sign db's who wouldnt make any other teams.

we arent creative in looking for players, while other teams have mined the CFL, europe and semi pro leagues and found some diamonds in the rough, we did nothing. other teams have signed PR guys off other teams and found starters, we have not.

what we have done, is make big splashy moves, not in free agency, as much as in the past, although signing djax was pretty big, but we didnt do anything in regards to filling massive holes on this roster and more importantly , we dont have a coaching staff that is worth a damn.

Our scouting dept is a joke, honestly im struggling here, I cant really see anything that gives me hope for next season.

I think you fire gruden, hes not the answer, not because our record sucks, but because hes not an nfl quality HC, we rolled the dice and failed. but hey at least we will have a good draft pick now if our FO can get out of its own way, but knowing this team we will draft a qb

The problem with blowing it all up is 'to what end?'. If we are not going to do an absolute 180 in how we manage the franchise at every level (starting at the top). we will just end up with the same results with new players involved. If this year isn't proof-positive of that, I don't know what is. I have no answers, because while I used to be inclined to give Snyder the benefit of the doubt and felt like Ax he was a convenient whipping boy, I now believe we will be one of the worst franchises in the league until he's gone, if he's ever gone. I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion. The only reason fans desire 'blowing it up' is that it provides a distraction and excitement to counter what we are seeing on the field year in and year out. We'll all salivate over the next coach, the next great QB, etc..etc...etc... and that'll be great for awhile, until we realize that the same dysfunction that has caused us to hire and fire more head coaches in 20 years than most teams have in 50 is still in place. I really hate to be so, so bitterly negative, but I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion.

I have no answers, because while I used to be inclined to give Snyder the benefit of the doubt and felt like Ax he was a convenient whipping boy,
To clarify my position, it is mostly NOW, the past 5 years, that I consider that Snyder is a convenient whipping boy. There has been little proof that since he hired Shamaham, that he's been sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, as he used to do. This offseason could tell the tale. We shall see.

We need to blow it all up.

Like this fan base would have the patience to endure that.

If you believe that....how'd you like to buy a bridge I've got in Brooklyn?

by blow it up, I think we should blow up the org.

start from scratch, new scouting department, new coaches, new evaluators,NEW MANAGEMENT. he can spend money where it counts, and doesnt count against the cap. honestly, try something new, hire some geniuses , go after talent everywhere. WE HAVE NOTHING MORE TO LOSE.

Why would he do that Ryman? Doing that would mean a loss of control. He doesn't want that.

Dumping Haslett and hiring an additional scout or two is probably as far as he wants to go this offseason.

If we are really lucky, he might even promote Bruce and promote AJ Smith or hire Matt Millen to be GM.

Why would he do that Ryman? Doing that would mean a loss of control. He doesn't want that.

Dumping Haslett and hiring an additional scout or two is probably as far as he wants to go this offseason.

If we are really lucky, he might even promote Bruce and promote AJ Smith or hire Matt Millen to be GM.

Well, one thing we will know if that happens. The Redskins are guaranteed to take a WR in the first round every year.

Well, one thing we will know if that happens. The Redskins are guaranteed to take a WR in the first round every year.

Yeah, imagine a Millen/Snyder combo.

Do you realize that in the past 20 years we've used more #1's on QB's and WR's than any other team by far and I won't even check the WR numbers of other teams because I know it's true, BY FAR.

For instance we've used 7 firsts on QB's since 1994 and for WR's I count Westbrook, Gardner, Coles, Thomas/Kelly (trade down first). That is at least 11 first rounders in 20 years on 2 positions.

The next closest on QB's is Browns 4, Bears with 4 because they traded 2 for Cutler, Tenn with 3, but all the winning teams like GB, Indy, NE, Denver, Philly, Seattle, NO, Pitt only have 0-2 spent on QB's. We have 7. Shuler, Johnson, Ramsey, Campbell, RG3=3 firsts.

Last edited:
Other than DeSean Jackson I can't think of another player we have acquired that rated highly as a fantasy pick.

In fact THAT is the problem, not enough playmakers.

We pay Orakpo $11M to stop the run and get one sack?

The front office needs to be cleaned out.

Imagine your subordinate at work having dinner and nights out on the town with your boss...would that make you a bit paranoid?

Not if you're confident in your own abilities with a complementary track record of success. no...I wouldn't worry about it. success = options. always has. always will...well...until such time as "you didn't do this by yourself" becomes the controlling criterion.

What does fantasy football have to do with real life football?

Not if you're confident in your own abilities with a complementary track record of success. no...I wouldn't worry about it. success = options. always has. always will...well...until such time as "you didn't do this by yourself" becomes the controlling criterion.

The problem is this FO is already rampant with cronyism. Snyder was fascinated with Portis above all others. Now he's fascinated with RGIII. He's like the non-athletic kid who now gets to be cool and hang with the cool kids who wouldn't give him the time of day before. He has already said Gruden will return, apparently. I think it's pretty obvious that RGIII will return. How can this team survive another year of drama unless these two find a way to live together that doesn't involve them taking RGIII to Morton's while bringing home a doggy bag for Gruden?

Nick

Do you realize that in the past 20 years we've used more #1's on QB's and WR's than any other team by far

For instance we've used 7 firsts on QB's since 1994

The next closest on QB's is Browns 4, Bears with 4 because they traded 2 for Cutler, Tenn with 3, but all the winning teams like GB, Indy, NE, Denver, Philly, Seattle, NO, Pitt only have 0-2 spent on QB's. We have 7. Shuler, Johnson, Ramsey, Campbell, RG3=3 firsts.

Since 1999, we have used 6 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 3rds, and 4 4ths, not to mention several 6th/7ths.

I think you fire gruden, hes not the answer, not because our record sucks, but because hes not an nfl quality HC, we rolled the dice and failed. but hey at least we will have a good draft pick now if our FO can get out of its own way, but knowing this team we will draft a qb

There's a thread floating around here that is an audio clip from a radio show entitled "Hopeless". In that, he states that firing Gruden would be the worst thing this FO could possible do. He asked & so I will ask you. Who in God's name would WANT to come here & deal with this train wreck if we fire Gruden? No one good, I promise you that. We will right where we were with Jim Zorn who was started off as an OC & promoted to HC because NO ONE ELSE wanted the job. So, you tell us who you think would be STUPID enough to come here with the threat over their head that if they don't turn this thing around in 1 season, they'll be fired too?

I have worked in corporate jobs for 20 years. If a guy or gal has an 'in' with a boss based on something other than performance it is a De-motivator for everyone else.

Perception matters. Companies spend millions of dollars each year on team-building specifically to address these issues.

The Redskins have had more sacred cows on this team SINCE Gibbs I ended in 1993 than we did from 1981-1992 when the club went to four Super Bowls.

How's that working out for us?

Since Gibbs left after the 1992 season all of the other NFC East teams have made it to the Super Bowl with Dallas and the Giants winning twice.

Meanwhile the Redskins have won ONE playoff game since 2000.

And if the Detroit Lions win 1 more game this season we will be the only team in the entire league that hasn't won 11 games in any season in 23 years.

Yes, even Cleveland, Houston, Oakland, etc have done it. Team like the Pats, Colts, Steelers, Packers have done it 10+ times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.