• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skinscast - 'Hopeless'

No. I mean you seem so caught up in the moment you've discounted what NFL fans have always known--that rookie head coaches have learning curves even under the BEST of circumstance, much less under the smoldering pile of horseshit this one stepped into. I understand you and others have processed what fans get to see and read and have passed judgment on this guy and are ready to march on Ashburn.

Just saying that in my opinion it's reactionary and more than a little surprising.

if you come in to a smoldering pile of horseshit and pour gasoline on it...can you really say you didn't know it was going to catch on fire because you're a rookie? He hasn't helped change the culture around there...if anything, he is just adding to the demise.

That is where I am coming from. As much as he is trying to curb Griffin's ego he needs to start with the man in the mirror. he needs to ask him to change his ways. and no message could be any clearer.

I can't disagree with that Om. It IS reactionary and considering how ardent a supporter I have been in the past it is to a degree somewhat surprising. But this team is JUST as much of a mess as it was with Zorn. You're right he's a rookie and should get cut slack because of that. But it's so obvious that he's in way over his head and not up to the task of turning this around ...

... bring in a REAL GM (promote Bruce to pres and get him out of the player evaluation process), revamp the scouting department, let the new GM hire his own coaches, rebuild the O line and last but not least start playing to the strengths of these players instead of forcing them to do things they obviously suck swamp ass at.
You lose me at the bolded part. I don't believe you and I have even a fraction of the information at our disposal necessary to make that kind of judgment at this point.

The part about a real football man coming in ... hey, we land a guy like that, I'd be okay letting him make that call if after digging into the dirt a little he felt he had to make a change right away.

if you come in to a smoldering pile of horseshit and pour gasoline on it...can you really say you didn't know it was going to catch on fire because you're a rookie? He hasn't helped change the culture around there...if anything, he is just adding to the demise.

That is where I am coming from. As much as he is trying to curb Griffin's ego he needs to start with the man in the mirror. he needs to ask him to change his ways. and no message could be any clearer.
That's one way of looking at it.

Another way is ... the man sees the smoldering pile of horseshit on and knows that gas will accelerate the fire and finally burn it off ... you know, so maybe the ground underneath can finally see the sun again.

Good god, look what you guys have to me. :)

You lose me at the bolded part. I don't believe you and I have even a fraction of the information at our disposal necessary to make that kind of judgment at this point.

The part about a real football man coming in ... hey, we land a guy like that, I'd be okay letting him make that call if after digging into the dirt a little he felt he had to make a change right away.

The eye test is enough for me at this stage. They look horrible in all aspects (even ST is back to allowing huge chunks and TD's on returns) and they look like they've given up. The fake punt was the capper, his swinging gate moment. That was straight up bush league. Add in the drama he creates with the press coupled with the stubbronness with McCoy and on and on. You might have a different guage than me but I've seen enough.

So was Zorn. Should we have kept him?

Let's ask the man himself

jim-zorn-thumbs-up1.jpg

That's one way of looking at it.

Another way is ... the man sees the smoldering pile of horseshit on and knows that gas will accelerate the fire and finally burn it off ... you know, so maybe the ground underneath can finally see the sun again.

Good god, look what you guys have to me. :)

some men just like to see the world burn....I get it.

but burning has to be done properly...if you are going to burn part of a building one way you have to burn the rest the same way so it doesn't seem like it was done out of vengeance.

Whole lotta conclusions being drawn around here based on facts not in evidence. Never been my way of approaching things, not even in the armchair general world of the football interweb.

I'll just waste my breath one more time and let it go ... rookie head coaches need more than a year to show whether they do or do not have the capacity to be head coaches in the NFL. And more to the point, few rookie head coaches have ever had to deal with a worse hand than the one dealt ours.

well, I cant speak for everyone else, but I know I havent said anything that hasnt been shown by the man himself or spoken by him. we all draw the conclusions we want to see; its the nature of humans.

I do agree he has been dealt a shitty hand. but he just saddled up to the bar and ordered a double from what I've seen.

I just don't agree Om my friend. If it's bad enough yes indeed you can draw conclusions from it.

A bunch of "if this is happening" or "it suggests" blahblah BS. Nobody knows the facts of what is, or is not happening between owner-GM-coach. Nobody. But most are ready to pounce on the cripple (Snyder) because, well, he's the easiest target. Most people conveniently focus on Snyder's tenure, as it is most recent. Understandable. But lazy, and flawed. As much as it pains me to post an article from the Washington Pissed. People could use a history lesson around here.

Here are the 10 worst Redskins seasons of all time - The Washington Post

Snyder was around for 1 (2013). During a time he gave up all power to Shamaham.
And now possibly 2 (2014), where until proven otherwise (proven, not suggested, or insinuated) has given control to a GM, and the coach.

Fans today have it far better than those from the 50's and 60's did.

Suck it up, boys and girls.

What that article fails to mention is that of the top 25 worst seasons in Redskins history 10 of them were under Snyder when you count this one, which will end up being top 10 easy. That is using the same SRS system.

2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014.

Yes 5 of the last 6 season are among the worst 25 in team history. That has to be as bad a run as in the 50s and early 60s.

Blow it up,total full blown rebuild.

Neither the owner nor the fan base has the stomach for that.

If both are willing to run a rookie head coach out of town,starting at the midway point of the season, what would make anyone think they'd be patient with a new HC and a roster full of 1-3 yr players?

I really encourage you all to listen to the latest Skinscast episode 'Hopeless'. I don't think I've read or heard anything that so perfectly summarizes what is going on with this franchise and how I feel about it. I have to give my friend John Pappas major kudos, he knocks it out of the park here. I met John and did ES coverage with him in the early days and he has come such a long way. This piece is some of the best analysis of our team's situation I have heard out there.

I didn't listen past the first segment because I don't have that kind of time right now, but it is difficult to disagree with him. Watching these games anymore, it's apathy & a disconnect I feel, not anger. Last year was complete & utter heartbreak & I think from there it has been impossible to put the pieces back together. But he actually said something that I told someone at work the other day. They said that the Redskins were rumored to be getting rid of both Gruden & Griffin, to which I said, "they better not get rid of Gruden. Who are they going to get to come here & fix this if they do that? NO ONE will want to coach this team. NO. ONE. But, this guy is right. There is nothing - NOTHING - keeping these young fans around. And the memory of glory days long gone isn't enough to keep us oldheads around anymore. Not saying that people should start watching other teams, but I can't say that I blame them anymore if they do.

From 1971-1992 the Redskins had ONE 10 loss season.

We have had 4 in the past 5 seasons now.

This team is in need of an enema.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.