• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skinscast - 'Hopeless'

Wow, that took a dark turn.

Dark times call for dark moods :)

David Drumlin: I know you must think this is all very unfair. Maybe that's an understatement. What you don't know is I agree. I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.

Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.

Last edited:

I'm thinking this is kind of how it's going with Snyder and Gruden. Colt McCoy is playing the role of Princess. Spoiler alert! The fans get the hose again.

What we do know is when things aren't going well Snyder and Co start to ratchet up the pressure through leaks and other moves to undermine the coach and grease his way out of town.

Remember the vote of confidence Cooke gave Gibbs at 0-5 his first season?

Where is Allen and Snyder now to support the coach THEY picked?

Gruden was brought in to work with RG3 and after doing so determined he wasn't a fit for a timing offense throwing from the pocket.

So, what does Snyder do?

Fire Gruden and move on to a THIRD offensive coach that says Griffin isn't a fit?

The ego of having given up those draft picks is driving what is going on now not a realistic assessment of the future of the Washington Redskins.

Parcels said you have to be able to admit the mistake and move on.

Snyder is not going to do that anytime soon it appears.

Wait a minute here.

When did Cooke give a vote of confidence? Gibbs was terrified and has always said he was told that at any moment he could be gone. Also, the media and social media weren't even close to the same so "leaks" could have happened the same but that is not a comparison you can make.

When did Snyder fire Gruden? Did I miss something? When did Shanahan even say Griffin wasn't a fit? Kyle sure seemed to like him and we all thought that Kyle was in a bad spot because he didn't support his father's PERSONAL handling of things.

Sorry BT but can't go along with ya here. Gruden was brought in to utilize RG'3 skills, not try and shove a square peg in a round hole. He's a system guy who doesn't adjust to his players. They blew it on the hire, but keeping him just to establish continuity would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

I would be foolish to try to turn RGIII into a pocket passer. It would be foolish. The way he is as a runner, we have to take advantage of that. He strikes fear into defensive coordinators when he runs outside. I'm going to let him be himself.

I'm amazed that so many are actually ready to fire a rookie head coach taking over a 3-13 mess of a team.

The Internet Age is come.

I kind of think the internet age came when the rookie head coach threatened to read social media quotes in front of the class if they were bad little boys. Its not his coaching style that has him on my bad side...its his personal vendettas and the way he goes about handling things differently for each person that gets me the most.

Why does he care what Robert does in his personal life or off camera? Griffin has NEVER been in trouble and a lot of people see him as a positive role model. So why are we hearing that Gruden "rolled his eyes" whenever it is brought up?

Gruden has dragged Griffin thru the mud for not getting rid of the ball fast enough, taking too many sacks, wrong drops, etc. Yet Colt has gotten a free pass for the most part while having the same issues.

Gruden has said that everyone is accountable and should be called out when they do wrong...but have you heard one negative thing about Haslett from him? I haven't. I've heard him say how much he likes and respects the guy...

Good coaches surround themselves with good assistants and usually dont come in and completely destroy the ship they are supposed to sail to the new world. I dont know about you, bro, but to me this seems like he is just over it and now going to make everyone's lives as miserable as his is.

He's a rookie head coach Mike. Remember when we used to understand what that meant?

Not sure what you mean here. Did I forget that he has come in as a rookie and helped doom a team looking for a leader?

Usually rookies come in and evaluate, learn, and participate with the team. He seems to have come in and just joined in the chaos and anarchy that runs amok in this organization.

How can he get the "rookie pass" for saying he is going to start reading tweets in front of team meetings? What good does that do? Same with commenting and rolling his eyes at Griffin's off field actions. What good does that do?

and with those 2 things...are those rookie mistakes or the actions of someone who already has those traits in him and that is who he is?

No. I mean you seem so caught up in the moment you've discounted what NFL fans have always known--that rookie head coaches have learning curves even under the BEST of circumstance, much less under the smoldering pile of horseshit this one stepped into. I understand you and others have processed what fans get to see and read and have passed judgment on this guy and are ready to march on Ashburn.

Just saying that in my opinion it's reactionary and more than a little surprising.

I can't disagree with that Om. It IS reactionary and considering how ardent a supporter I have been in the past it is to a degree somewhat surprising. But this team is JUST as much of a mess as it was with Zorn. You're right he's a rookie and should get cut slack because of that. But it's so obvious that he's in way over his head and not up to the task of turning this around. Granted that's not all his fault, our personnel dpt has screwed the pooch bigtime but he never should have been hired to begin with. This is going to take a guy who not only has the brains but has the juice to get players and the FO to buy in, even if his first season doesn't produce a good record. I could take this and give him more of a learning curve if the team had improved in ANY way instead of actually looking worse that it did last year down the stretch. If the team was losing but at least one of the units O or D was still fighting hard and playing well I'd be more open to benefit of dooubt, but that's not the case.

Cut bait, blow it up. Bring in a REAL GM (promote Bruce to pres and get him out of the player evaluation process), revamp the scouting department, let the new GM hire his own coaches, rebuild the O line and last but not least start playing to the strengths of these players instead of forcing them to do things they obviously suck swamp ass at.

Yea I think I was, the swinging gate happened in week 15 didn't it? That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.