• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Quarterback Would You Like To Start This Weekend?

Which QB Would You Like To See Start This Weekend?

• Total voters

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Pretty simple. Which QB would you like to see as the starter this weekend against the Giants, and why?

I'd like to see him go with Kirk Cousins because I think he gives us the best chance to win.

However, I do believe he kind of pigeonholed himself by sticking his neck out for McCoy, and I imagine he's also feeling pressure to play RG3 from Dan.

I agree with Cousins, but he needs to also be careful about switching QB's too frequently.
He would lose coaching cred, by swapping QB's like dirty underwear.

Yep, that's why I think we are screwed. Or he screwed himself.

Gruden should start.

Maybe if he had to play behind the same line he thinks is ok, he'd better understand how it's been so easy for him to mentally crush every QB on the roster.

Gruden should start.

Maybe if he had to play behind the same line he thinks is ok, he'd better understand how it's been so easy for him to mentally crush every QB on the roster.

No way.
We'd get way too many 'delay of game' penalties, from him calling out players in the huddle about their tweets, instagram photos, etc

Griffin. He is the best athlete and, after McCoy's showing this last week, pretty much the best QB on the roster.

Gruden should start.

A rotation of Dan, Bruce and Campbell might open some eyes.

I'd like to see him go with Kirk Cousins because I think he gives us the best chance to win.

However, I do believe he kind of pigeonholed himself by sticking his neck out for McCoy, and I imagine he's also feeling pressure to play RG3 from Dan.

I have to ask... what did Kirk do to show you he gives us the best chance to win ?

Griffin is the answer here. Jay should have known what he had, or more appropos, what he doesn't have with McCoy, and we should have spent the past month evaluating Griffin.

As it is now, because of the benching and the horrendous way it was handled, there will be doubts all over the organization about whether or not Robert got a fair shake and so on. That could have been avoided had Gruden played him straight through. Then we could have entered the offseason with fewer questions moving forward.

Griffin is the answer here. Jay should have known what he had, or more appropos, what he doesn't have with McCoy, and we should have spent the past month evaluating Griffin.

As it is now, because of the benching and the horrendous way it was handled, there will be doubts all over the organization about whether or not Robert got a fair shake and so on. That could have been avoided had Gruden played him straight through. Then we could have entered the offseason with fewer questions moving forward.

I agree. If you truly believe Griffin is in the future plans, you play him. Get your questions answered while the games are meaningless.

Plus, if Griffin plays and is bad, Gruden can come out and blame all the problems on him. If it's McCoy or Cousins and they stink, Gruden will blame the whole team. So there is less blame spread when it is Griffin in the game. It's a win-win for Gruden.

I have to ask... what did Kirk do to show you he gives us the best chance to win ?

Minus the interceptions, I thought he looked very good. Gets the ball out quickly, no fear, and seems to know exactly where the WRs are supposed to be.

Stronger arm than McCoy, and probably offers a better shot for big plays than McCoy. I imagine that playing McCoy immediately means some plays are out of the playbook.

I do have to take some points away for his first name--the only other Kirk in the NFL I can even think of who had enjoyed even a little success is Kirk Olivadotti. I also wonder if he's color blind.

Can you minus the interceptions when that's why we lost and he was benched? It's like saying "minus the cannibalism Dahmer was a good dude"

If Griffin can go, and we are going to honestly give him a chance to come in here and be effective over the offseason, then he needs to be on the field. If Gruden was sending a message to humble him, and he somehow hasn't wrapped his head around that message.... he wont.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.