• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Quarterback Would You Like To Start This Weekend?

Which QB Would You Like To See Start This Weekend?

• Total voters
I went with Griffin.

Right now, I couldn't care less if we win these next 3 or not, personally I'd rather we lose them. What I want to see is some progress that gives us any sliver of hope going into next season. Griffin is the one that offers the chance at that hope. Certainly not Colt McCoy. If Griffin goes in and plays well the next 3 weeks, then maybe he has turned the corner. If he goes in and continues to play poorly, we will have a better idea about him not being able to play in this systen. But after 4 games, it's impossible to say for sure that he is or isn't the answer.

The underlying assumption is hard to accept: with this o-line I really don't think evaluation of any of the QBs has merit.

build an o-line and then decide. use whatever metric you like...Cooley, for example, basically zeros in on how quickly the QB deicdes and whether he makes the right decision. execution is the second part of this. hard tp perform either efficiently when your arse is being pounded on almost every passing play.

Griffin last week (granted, in very limited action) looked like the same guy we've been seeing...tentative and indecisive. Even if he plays this year again, I think his problems run a lot deeper than just needing a benching to get his mind right.

Don't disagree that his issues are more than just being in the right frame of mind - but I don't think he can address the issues he has around pocket awareness and making/trusting reads sat on the bench (or sitting watching film for that matter). We also will not see what development is or is not possible with him holding a clipboard.

It seems pretty clear Gruden does not trust RGIII to run his offense though (and its hard to argue with him based on what we saw from RGIII in this offense) so I expect us to give McCoy every opportunity to play Sunday. We may even see Cousins start before RGIII if McCoy cant go. Given though what we have invested in RGIII and that the season had a fork stuck in it weeks ago I'd play RGIII hoping a light goes on in both RGIIIs head AND Grudens in terms of how to adapt his offense to RGIII.

The underlying assumption is hard to accept: with this o-line I really don't think evaluation of any of the QBs has merit.

build an o-line and then decide. use whatever metric you like...Cooley, for example, basically zeros in on how quickly the QB deicdes and whether he makes the right decision. execution is the second part of this. hard tp perform either efficiently when your arse is being pounded on almost every passing play.

And I think another issue is confidence for these 3. They know Gruden has no problem pulling either one if they struggle. I think all 3 of them are so afraid to make a mistake that they're overthinking when they're playing. It's hard for a QB to just go out and play when they have to worry about if they'll get pulled.

Same with some of the OL play and in general the offense. It has to be hard for the WRs and the OL when the QBs are constantly switching. How can you build a rapport with the WRs or get into a rythm as an offense when the most important position is always in flux.

I think Griff is the future but I would sit him the rest of the year just to protect him until I can rebuild the O line in the offseason, and I would make that crystal clear to him and everyone else.. There is zero benefit to starting him now, he'll just get killed and hurt his confidence even more. Throw McCoy in there as the sacrificial lamb and do your best to get out of the season without killing any more of our skill players on O.

So 23 out of 25 votes were for someone other than Colt McCoy. That's wild to me.

If Colt comes out and stinks in up this weekend, then what? And if the answer becomes play RG3, then does Colt stay at number 2?

This coaching staff must really not have any confidence left in Kirk Cousins.

So basically, as 'screwed up' as Griffin is with fundamentals, he's about average in the NFL qb-wise, and he's about the best we have.

Yet, to hear Gruden talk about him, he's the devil incarnate.

But with his athleticism, to play so poorly points to other issues with him. He should be far above average. Red flags are waving. The other two being average are what we expect of their potential.

again....with such a crappy team...these stats are not meaningful.

The only QB who can really play behind that OL is Cousins and if he can figure out what being clutch is, instead of being 100% unclutch, he could actually be a great QB. If Gruden, like his brother, believes that Cousins is worth a 1st round pick he should be starting him now since the Bucs game, IMO.

Besides that if they just want to try to win a meaningless game then McCoy is the best QB to get a win with.

The latest from Keim:

What you have to do on this beat is try to paint an accurate picture, based on talking to players and coaches. This is not based on what I’d like to see, what you want to hear or anything else. And the picture right now is that the coaches aren’t confident that Griffin can develop to the level they need and players – how many, impossible to say – have their doubts, too. And, yes, they are tired of the drama or focus being so heavily on one player. There’s also no doubt some of these feelings toward Griffin, in terms of what they felt about him personally, existed in 2012. But it didn’t matter because he was producing. Period.
Washington Redskins Gameday: Notes and analysis - ESPN

What if he doesn't stink up the joint? I 'm one of the two that chose Colt but still hopeful for whomever is chosen. If that makes any sense...
So 23 out of 25 votes were for someone other than Colt McCoy. That's wild to me.

If Colt comes out and stinks in up this weekend, then what? And if the answer becomes play RG3, then does Colt stay at number 2?

This coaching staff must really not have any confidence left in Kirk Cousins.

I honestly don't care who we play at QB. I think, regardless of how we feel about it, Gruden needs to play whomever he thinks has a future here and can be a starting QB. It's a stretch for me to believe that Colt McCoy could be that guy, just because he doesn't have an NFL starter's arm. But no one would be happier if Gruden turned him into a winning starter. It's all of the drama and dysfunction surrounding the QB debate (much of it fueled by Gruden himself) that I have such a problem with.

Keim has sorta become an apologist for Gruden. Makes sense...he gets most of his material from the management, not the players.

Running RG3 down without acknowledging the failures of those around him is a bit biased.

So now Keim, who's been the most reliable beat reporter this fanbase has had through all these years, is now biased/bad?

The main question around this team lately has been,imo, if the season is lost, why isn't RG3 playing?

That question and "Will Gruden be canned" are the main focus of fans and the media.

To say it's not shows more about your agenda than anything else.

Whether it's arm strength, inability to read coverages, poor offensive line play, etc the fact remains the Redskins and Gruden have managed to do the one thing defenses cannot, stop DeSean Jackson.

We have one of the best deep threats in the game, a guy that Brady or Manning would love to have and have completely wasted him in 2014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.