• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Which Quarterback Would You Like To Start This Weekend?

Which QB Would You Like To See Start This Weekend?

• Total voters
This is all Scott Brunell's fault.

Nick

I think Griffin should finish out the season. He has been given a benching to clear his head. Either he does, and we have something to look at, or he doesn't and we need to replace him. He needs to show progress in games, show that he can do the job. They have said he is showing progress in practice, so not playing him does us no good.

They can't really tank his trade value any more than they have. Play him.

Minus the interceptions, I thought he looked very good. Gets the ball out quickly, no fear, and seems to know exactly where the WRs are supposed to be.

Stronger arm than McCoy, and probably offers a better shot for big plays than McCoy. I imagine that playing McCoy immediately means some plays are out of the playbook.

I do have to take some points away for his first name--the only other Kirk in the NFL I can even think of who had enjoyed even a little success is Kirk Olivadotti. I also wonder if he's color blind.

Except the interceptions give you no chance to win. That's why he was benched. What is Gruden doing about it? What is he doing about Griffin? What is he doing about McCoy? They all get worse each time they step on the field. But hey, minus one or two things, they all look good.

They can't really tank his trade value any more than they have. Play him.

I disagree.
I think his trade value could definitely decrease, and that could actually be a concern Gruden has about playing him, if he's leaning toward trading him in the offseason.
In the last 3 games, potential trading partners could go from the idea that he's "questionable" starter material, to being "doubtful" starter material...or from "probable" to "questionable" (to borrow 'injury report terminology')

I disagree.
I think his trade value could definitely decrease, and that could actually be a concern Gruden has about playing him, if he's leaning toward trading him in the offseason.
In the last 3 games, potential trading partners could go from the idea that he's "questionable" starter material, to being "doubtful" starter material...or from "probable" to "questionable" (to borrow 'injury report terminology')

Fair enough. Although, the only thing I can see making it worse is an injury. I see the upside as more likely myself, so I'd rather play him and get a chance at something better.

I see not playing him similar to burying dollar bills in the backyard.

Watching Robert play is honestly depressing right now. He's just not comfortable with his body and he's got zero confidence. It stinks to see him like that. So I don't want him out there right now. Cousins or McCoy, don't care. At least with them it's not so devastating since they didn't cost so much and the expectations with them are pretty low in the first place.

Just get too depressed watching, who I was so sure was a franchise QB, look totally lost out there.

Minus the interceptions, I thought he looked very good. Gets the ball out quickly, no fear, and seems to know exactly where the WRs are supposed to be.

Stronger arm than McCoy, and probably offers a better shot for big plays than McCoy. I imagine that playing McCoy immediately means some plays are out of the playbook. I do have to take some points away for his first name--the only other Kirk in the NFL I can even think of who had enjoyed even a little success is Kirk Olivadotti. I also wonder if he's color blind.

LOL

Ya, if my choices were McCoy and Cousins, I'm not sure who I'd go with. Ya, there is the arm strength issue big time, but I'd have to just flip a coin. I'm also not too sure how fearless Cousins is at this point. He got physically abused pretty badly in those games he started. He looked like a little kid that got beaten up, and had his milk money taken when Gruden pulled him. It's also hard to forget those interceptions. They did actually happen :)

Henry.

Cause he just doesn't care. He'll let it rip.

^^ To me, it was more like he just didn't want to get hit, lol. You could see as soon as he got hit hard once or felt like he was going to be, he was just going to throw the ball no matter what as quickly as possible. It was almost funny if it wasn't so painful since we're rooting for a win.

I remember thinking early in the season how crazy (and disturbing) it was that both Cousins and Robert had the same exact problem, yet handled it so differently.

Both of them are absolutely terrified of taking a sack. One of them well throw the ball immediately and hope for the best, the other will try to improvise his way out of it and does so poorly.

One thing McCoy does better than both is just take a sack like a normal QB, lol. No craziness or throwing the ball desperately... just, plop. It's something, I guess.

I agree with Cousins, but he needs to also be careful about switching QB's too frequently.
He would lose coaching cred, by swapping QB's like dirty underwear.

I think he has already passed that point. He gives a QB 3-4 games then benches them. Let that sink in for a minute, Gruden has went through 3 quarterbacks this year and we still have 3 games left. Hell he has time to bring in one more and bench him before the season ends.

Start Griffin for the rest of the year, no question.

How about this. One thing we all know is that each QB gets worse the more consecutive games they play. That's been the one consistent thing about Gruden's coaching, he makes them worse the more they play. But that first game normally produces good results. There are 3 games left, so go with this rotation:

Griffin starts this week against the Giants. We've already seen Cousins turn into Rex Grossman against them earlier. This will also give McCoy time to heal.

McCoy starts next week against Philly. Cousins also played them already to mostly positive results from his perspective. But that second time around could be different.

Cousins starts against Dallas. They saw McCoy earlier this year, so going to Cousins will surprise them.

Let's maximize the one good game this "guru" can get from his QBs.

How about this. One thing we all know is that each QB gets worse the more consecutive games they play. That's been the one consistent thing about Gruden's coaching, he makes them worse the more they play. But that first game normally produces good results. There are 3 games left, so go with this rotation:

Griffin starts this week against the Giants. We've already seen Cousins turn into Rex Grossman against them earlier. This will also give McCoy time to heal.

McCoy starts next week against Philly. Cousins also played them already to mostly positive results from his perspective. But that second time around could be different.

Cousins starts against Dallas. They saw McCoy earlier this year, so going to Cousins will surprise them.

Let's maximize the one good game this "guru" can get from his QBs.

Next year we better have 16 quarterbacks then ;)

I do have to take some points away for his first name--the only other Kirk in the NFL I can even think of who had enjoyed even a little success is Kirk Olivadotti. I also wonder if he's color blind.

Little known fact: there have only ever been 15 players (not counting coaches) in the NFL with the first name Kirk. Cousins is the only active player named Kirk. Another Kirk you may have heard of is Kirk Lowdermilk, former center for the Vikings.

NFL Players named Kirk

Little known fact: there have only ever been 15 players (not counting coaches) in the NFL with the first name Kirk. Cousins is the only active player named Kirk. Another Kirk you may have heard of is Kirk Lowdermilk, former center for the Vikings.

NFL Players named Kirk

I love it. Great find. It's crazy how that works, but it really does hold true.

There are 20 names or more that I can virtually guarantee will never find NFL success. I don't even need to see them play.

We had a player earlier this year named Courtney Bridget. BigMike correctly pointed out that a player named Courtney had actually won a SB before with Baltimore.

But a Courtney Bridget? Please.

Stop wasting everyone's time, go put your helmet and pads down and just leave quietly.

New scheme...No QB.

Oh, wait a minute, already done this. Often.

Guaranteed success? Name your kid Storm.

Think back to 8th grade or high school. Who wanted to fight a kid named Storm after school was over? Exactly, no one.

Has anyone ever walked into a place of business and seen a guy named Storm sitting behind a desk before? No.

If you name your kid Storm, he's either going to be a Cy Young award winner, or he's going to Canton. There's really no other possibility.

Pretty simple to me, if Colt is injured, the number two is up.
How injured Colt really is might be questioned when Griff goes in.

It looks to me like Colt is starting based on practice reports.

Me - I'd start RGIII. He is the only one of the 3 QBs we have who MIGHT be a long term answer to the QB position here IMO. Hes the only one who has had any consistent success as an NFL starter even if that was back in 2012 and a couple of injuries ago. Hes had a couple more weeks to think about things, heal that ankle fully I assume by now and he probably is in a mental place where he just wants to let it rip.

Play him the last 3 games and lets see if he can play his way either into a job or out of town.

Griffin last week (granted, in very limited action) looked like the same guy we've been seeing...tentative and indecisive. Even if he plays this year again, I think his problems run a lot deeper than just needing a benching to get his mind right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.