• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Keim: Analyzing Redskins' Draft Status

I think Riley is likely gone. I think having Robinson lined up next to Compton in the middle could make a solid pair...provided we stick to the 3-4.

Would we outright release him? He's $3mil against the cap next year and $4mil the following, so he's not overwhelmingly expensive... and I'm not sure a team would give up too much in a trade, maybe I'm wrong?

Would we outright release him? He's $3mil against the cap next year and $4mil the following, so he's not overwhelmingly expensive... and I'm not sure a team would give up too much in a trade, maybe I'm wrong?

OK, I forgot he'd be extended. However, I think he is solid, but I think Compton and Robinson make a better duo in the middle. Both seem to have a real nose for the ball. Riley seems to have regressed this year.

OK, I forgot he'd be extended. However, I think he is solid, but I think Compton and Robinson make a better duo in the middle. Both seem to have a real nose for the ball. Riley seems to have regressed this year.

I agree.. He flashed quite a bit last year which appeared to cement him as the long term successor to Fletch... If Compton really shows in camp, I wonder if we would be able to turn him into a decent draft pick?

I am really hoping we move to a 4-3 pressure oriented defence, but it will all depend on who the DC's are who are avaliable, hopefully gruden doesnt pick a scheme before picking a coordinator, we have seen how well that works out. of course thats if gruden is back

I am really hoping we move to a 4-3 pressure oriented defence, but it will all depend on who the DC's are who are avaliable, hopefully gruden doesnt pick a scheme before picking a coordinator, we have seen how well that works out. of course thats if gruden is back
Sorry to dash your hopes, since I echo those same hopes, but Jay is saying he wants Haslett to stay. Here is the link.

Makes me want to weep for all those potential coaches that could be our Defensive Coordinator. Now if Rex Ryan ever gets let go from the Jets and we don't pick him up as our Defensive Coordinator, then I truly think something is wrong with our Front Office. Anyway, is it too early to start drinking after having read this?

“I have, obviously, input and all that stuff, but ultimately, it will come down to, hopefully, a group decision — and one that we can all live with,” Gruden said. “But it will be a Redskins decision, and we’ll move on.

This stood out to me that what he said is coach speak and possibly trying to help Has find his next gig.

I am hoping!

I gotta imagine they wouldn't wait til the offseason if they wanted to extend him. If they had seen enough during the season to want to bring him back, do it before they have to start worrying about player evaluations for the following season.

This stood out to me that what he said is coach speak and possibly trying to help Has find his next gig.
I thought it sounded more like coach speak directed at Bruce Allen and Snyder - i.e., don't make a decision without hearing my input and if it can't be Haslett I want some say in who it's going to be.

I don't think Rex is going to any team unless it's as a head coach.
We'll most likely see him on the network's pregame next year.

Gruden speaks very highly of Rex. But it's hard to know if it's genuine or just being polite.

The last time the two faced each other, Cincy won 49-9. So it's possible that he may not be too impressed with him.

FWIW, just caught this tweet from ESPN 980 about the 2015 draft order.

#Redskins RT @FieldYates: NFL draft order 1. TB 2. TEN 3. JAX 4. OAK 5. WAS 6. NYJ 7. CHI 8. ATL 9. NYG 10. STL 11. MIN 12. CLE

This one has us at 5th, figure worst case 6th when it's all said and done.

2015 NFL Draft order: Top 3 needs for all 32 teams - NFL.com

5. Washington Redskins
2014 record: 4-12 (.496)
Top three needs: Pass rusher, DB, OT
Analysis: The Redskins have a lot of issues on defense, starting with a pass rusher and ending with a safety -- positions that were never addressed adequately last offseason. Jason Hatcher hasn't worked out and Brian Orakpo can't stay healthy. Their offensive skill positions are set, but can Robert Griffin III stay healthy, and if so, can he be a longterm solution? If the answer to those questions is no, add quarterback to the list.
Top-rated seniors at positional needs: Pass rusher: Vic Beasley (Clemson), Alvin Dupree (Kentucky), Owamagbe Odighizuwa (UCLA); CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest), Byron Jones (UConn); S: Derron Smith (Fresno State), Kurtis Drummond (Michigan State), Durell Eskridge (Michigan State); OT: Brandon Scherff (Iowa), Cedric Ogbuehi (Texas A&M), La'el Collins (LSU)

we better get at least 3 starters out of this draft. throw in 1 or 2 FA starters and 1 o2 backups on the roster now who want to take control of their lives .... and we can get somewhere.

hey..we can dream can't we?

I think Riley is likely gone. I think having Robinson lined up next to Compton in the middle could make a solid pair...provided we stick to the 3-4.

Jeffcoat somewhere in the mix would offset a Riley departure as well IMO.

Getting a quality RT and probably a G is a given. Since our pass protection has been putrid was thinking we may need to take yet another TE high tho. Blocking above speed basically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.