• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Keim: Analyzing Redskins' Draft Status

ugghhh...I'm listening to this guy JP Flaim on COMCAST. what an effing putz. all he's doing is reprising problems we all know about. his thinking is also screwed. he lists every problem as though they need to be solved immediately in order to be competitive. horse manure. Sean Springs is right: a good safety and a couple linemen on o and d and this team can turn it around. Flaim has been extolling the iggles all night as an excellent team that beat itself. and yet...the facts are the iggles defense isn't all that good. what is it Flaim? got to be great across the board to be labelled a quality team or just the Skins do?

what an arse wipe hosebag.

the Skins do have a lot of holes. Robert still has fundamental issues to fix. that said...these things can be turned around quickly.

I listen to the Junks every day and I can't stand him. He's very whiny, he's constantly negative, and his agenda's far outweigh analysis. He needles people, he's constantly talking over people, and he likes to bring up old crap when he's right but double talks when he's wrong. In the past month he's had 2 of his co-hosts and another radio DJ go off on him for being such a whiny little needler. I hate the dude. You want to hear funny radio? Track down the clips from when E.B. jumped over the desk, tackled him, and tried to hit him in the mouth.

So, as I was saying....just win baby! I love that we beat the Eagles AND that the refs actually called penalties fairly. I couldn't believe that the hold on Kerrigan was called. They NEVER call that. In fact, that hold (arm around the neck) happens so much, I had started believing that it was a legal block. But this crew was on point tonight.

Bring on the chokers! Let's Go Redskins! Beat Dallas!

is it really that difficult?

we need offensive linemen, defensive lineman and secondary help, specifically at safety.

with $25M in cap room and a full slate of draft picks, I think it is reasonable to expect a team that knows what it is doing to sprinkle talent at these positions to come up with a better team in 2015.

How much better? That's the question. But you have to look beyond 2015. As Breeland and Robinson have shown, even when you get younger guys with physical talent it takes awhile to get them comfortable on the field and have the game slow down for them.

Instead of focusing on immediate results, I want to see a long-term PLAN like the Nationals had where each year we simply go out and add TALENT through successive drafts, trades and free agency.

It also means doing what the Nationals did in saying goodbye to veterans that were making too much money vis a vis their value or were guys close to being beaten out by younger talent.

We need to take the salaries of Chester, Bowen, Moss, Orakpo, Cofield, and Lauvao and to build that offseason war chest.

A lot of what i've heard about this kid is that he's a liability in coverage but strong in the box. That worries me....

Really? Dammit I was hoping he would lock the FS down for a few years. Was thinking/hoping he's a sure thing covering the deep middle.

If that's the case need to go BPA in either RT or G.

Something like this is what I'd like...
1. RT/G
2. NT/DT (if Olivotti goes to 4-3)
3. BPA secondary
4. TE (closest thing to Gronk, big blocker with hands)
5. BPA LB
6. BPA
7. BPA

That's if there's no trade downs. By all means I would be giddy if we could snag multiple 2's & 3's by moving down. Takes two to tango

Landon Collins, SS, Alabama, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

STRENGTHS: Well-built athlete with light feet and fluid hips to change direction quickly. He's a forceful and reliable open-field tackler who often rips at the ball aggressively as he's taking opponents to the ground.
Better downhill where he can attack the action, but he has shown improvement in pass coverage, learning from past mistakes and improving his awareness in the deep half of the field.

He is fluid in space and displays cornerback traits with his footwork, hips and transitional quickness to line up in man or zone coverage. Collins is at his best reading and reacting in the run game, attacking downhill like a physical missile with the technique and power to finish stops without hesitation.

WEAKNESSES: Collins' inconsistency led to some uncharacteristic lapses in coverage for the Tide over the past two seasons. Needs to prove instincts.

IN OUR VIEW: He has seen action at both strong and free safety and projects as a first-round pick in large part because he should be able to handle either role at the next level.

--Dane Brugler & Rob Rang (11/13/14)

He's also listed as a SS.. from what I'm reading he's a college version of Brandon Meriweather....

Now this doesn't mean he cant get better, this particular analyst thinks Collins can be developed in pass defense, where i know some players (Laron Landry) just dont have the ability to learn.

Yeah, Collins sounds more of a SS for sure. With a top 10 pick the mofo needs to be a sure thing.

Is there any CB's that would fit the bill? Eff it just move Amerson to FS if so.

is it really that difficult?

Instead of focusing on immediate results, I want to see a long-term PLAN like the Nationals had where each year we simply go out and add TALENT through successive drafts, trades and free agency.

It also means doing what the Nationals did in saying goodbye to veterans that were making too much money vis a vis their value or were guys close to being beaten out by younger talent.

We need to take the salaries of Chester, Bowen, Moss, Orakpo, Cofield, and Lauvao and to build that offseason war chest.

i think we started developing a long term plan last year with our free agency and draft no one flashy excep Jackson
with Murphy and the CB we picked up it just so happened that they were ready this year when called I think Moses and Long will both improve next year and by the end of the year one of them will be starting

Yeah, Collins sounds more of a SS for sure. With a top 10 pick the mofo needs to be a sure thing.

Is there any CB's that would fit the bill? Eff it just move Amerson to FS if so.

Here is a pretty good place to start:

2015 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

The top CB seems to appear around pick 13, from FSU.

The second highest ranked CB is also from FSU, coming in at 19.

After the big win this weekend, it now appears that we will be picking 6th.

I loved the win, but a top four pick--and the ability to trade down from there for a multitude of picks could have been huge.

Goodness I hope our first pick isn't a OLB. That's a luxury pick IMHO, and one we can't do at the moment.

We need to prepare for trench warfare and get some Goliath's on both sides.

There are at least 3 quality down linemen pass rushers in this draft according to multiple mocks I have seen. That's what I'd go for in the first round. we need a pass rush in the worst way even more than secondary IMO. we can draft FS in the second round.

Barring that....the o-lineman from Iowa seems like the way to go.

There are at least 3 quality down linemen pass rushers in this draft according to multiple mocks I have seen. That's what I'd go for in the first round. we need a pass rush in the worst way even more than secondary IMO. we can draft FS in the second round.

Barring that....the o-lineman from Iowa seems like the way to go.

Or Stanley out of ND... He's their starting LT but a lot of what I've heard is that he's better suited on the right side or on the interior.

It's all good, I'll defer to you guys who know the draft really well but that kid from Alabama should still be there at our pick, right? What are picking like 7th now?

WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Landon Collins

Landon Collins is not a top 10 talent at safety. I'd argue he's not a first round talent.

He's very good in the box but struggles in coverage and in space. This is the guy I'd like - plug him in at RT for the moment you draft him.WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Brandon Scherff

Scherff is tagged by Rob Rang of CBS Sports as the Redskins #1 pick. Here's his mock comments.

6. Washington Redskins -- Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa: Jay Gruden's success as the play-caller in Cincinnati came with one of the league's biggest offensive lines. He inherited one of the smallest in Washington and there is no question that upgrading the talent there will be an offseason priority. Not everyone sees Scherff (or any offensive lineman this year) as a top 10 talent but he plays with the grit and physicality Washington is lacking and would be an immediate upgrade at right tackle.

Link: 2015 NFL Mock Draft: Three NFC South teams among Top 10 - CBSSports.com

I also found the scouting writeup on Scherff to which Rang contributed.

"STRENGTHS: His upper body strength, along with proper hand placement and good knee bend, make Scherff a force in the running game. Balanced with a naturally wide base and light feet, controlling his momentum well. Outstanding drive blocker with the punch to jolt and drive his man where he wants with above average hand use to attack rushers, keeping separation between him and his target.

Quickness is more functional than flashy. Pass drop from the snap is efficient and controlled rather than explosive. Shifts his weight well and can be a wrecking ball at the second level with an eager blocking attitude and the demeanor of a wrestler, taking down rushers.

Strong hands to latch on and control opponents when pass blocking. Impressive power, as he'll stop pass-rushers in their tracks at times.

WEAKNESSES: Some hip and joint tightness. Can get himself in trouble when relying upon his strength, occasionally settling onto his heels rather than playing on the balls of his feet, which makes him susceptible to speed rushes upfield and quick counters back to the inside. Occasional missteps in pass protection can be corrected with more experience."

Some question as to whether he will be able to stay on the left side in the NFL. Missed the second half of the 2012 season due to an ugly right leg injury, but appeared fully recovered in 2013.

--Dane Brugler & Rob Rang (7/23/14)
Player Overview
NFL scouts value Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz's pupils as they generally play with grit and excellent technique and are as reliable in the passing game as they are when run blocking. Iowa's program has been an offensive line factory since Ferentz took over in Iowa City, but the Hawkeyes haven't had a draft pick at the position the past two years.

That will change with Scherff, a 6-foot-5, 315-pound senior. Scouts view him as one of the country's most pro-ready offensive linemen due to his size, strength and versatility.

While Scherff stars at left tackle for the Hawkeyes after moving from guard as a junior, he may not possess the elite athleticism NFL teams prefer as a blind-side pass protector. "

Link: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.