• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Keim: Analyzing Redskins' Draft Status

Campbell has to go. He's been here 13 yrs and had his hands in the draft and personnel dept. and Foerster has to go with him.

They'd draft Schreff or any highly rated OT and turn him into LeRibeus.

With ya on Forrester too.

Maybe there's a few in the Bengals org that could do us some good. Somebody that can assemble decent staffs anyway.

Is Russ Grim available ? I wouldn't mind him taking over Forrester's job if he's available. I know he was with the Cards for a bit.

I'd LOVE Grimm to come in and coach...but I think he is holding out for a HC job.

Maybe in DC? lol

With Jacksonville's win last night, the Redskins (with a loss to the Eagles) will move up to fourth.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Washington Redskins
6. New York Jets

Games down the stretch:

Oakland at Denver (Denver could rest starters)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay

As we know, Washington plays Philadelphia and against Dallas - both at home. Based on SOS, the Redskins could move up to second, possibly even first.

Last edited:
I cannot understand or get behind the concept of rooting for losses. I never have, I never will. Winning solves more than losing does. Even at the time when winning games may seem meaningless, the confidence from winning a couple of games could be huge going into the offseason. The draft will take care of itself, either way. The only reason I would want the Redskins to lose at this point is because, if the Eagles win tomorrow, the Cowboys then HAVE to beat us at home in the final game of the season in order to get into the playoffs. So, the only advantage I see to us losing tomorrow is to continue the history of keeping the Cowboys out of the playoffs on the final game...again. Otherwise, "just win Baby."

I cannot understand or get behind the concept of rooting for losses. I never have, I never will. Winning solves more than losing does. Even at the time when winning games may seem meaningless, the confidence from winning a couple of games could be huge going into the offseason. The draft will take care of itself, either way. The only reason I would want the Redskins to lose at this point is because, if the Eagles win tomorrow, the Cowboys then HAVE to beat us at home in the final game of the season in order to get into the playoffs. So, the only advantage I see to us losing tomorrow is to continue the history of keeping the Cowboys out of the playoffs on the final game...again. Otherwise, "just win Baby."

While I won't necessarily root for the loss, the game against the Fecals tomorrow has ramifications for the division crown. And, as much as I dislike the Fecals, I hate the Turds and would love to see them lose 2 in a row to lose the division crown in December, again!

We win, the Turds are division winners. Lose, then beat the Turds the last game of the year and we crush their spirit. Garrett keeps his job, Romo keeps his job and they continue to be mediocre. Our spirits are already crushed...they still have hope. I want to see it crushed!

That's exactly how I see it E. I always get pleasure at the demise of the Cowboys so I hope we lose a close one today and the team plays well only to be pissed enough to end Dallas' season once again and also end their undefeated on the road streak this year.

The fact that Philly is playing us and Dallas is playing INDY bodes well for the Eagles to position themselves. If Philly beats us and Dallas looses to Indy, the Eagles then have the edge due to tie breakers. Even if we lose to Dallas next weekend, but Dallas loses to Indy tomorrow, the MNF game where we beat them will be the difference in Divisional record, giving the Eagles the nod.

Well, something to keep in mind, fans forget that our 'rooting' doesn't really impact the outcomes of games :) The team will either play well and win, or they won't. There are two forms of pleasure - us winning, and the Cowboys failing. I think there are scenarios where the joy of seeing Dallas knocked out of the playoff picture trumps the joy of the Redskins picking up an extra win in a lost season.

All that being said - I get what you mean. It's 'simpler' and cleaner just to root for your team. I'm torn this week. The good news is, it's all good news. We win, we win. We lose, we win.

All that being said - I get what you mean. It's 'simpler' and cleaner just to root for your team. I'm torn this week. The good news is, it's all good news. We win, we win. We lose, we win.

If we shock the world and win BOTH games, and Dallas loses to INDY, then it's a win/win/win cuz they'll be knocked out if Philly still wins against NYG

While I won't necessarily root for the loss, the game against the Fecals tomorrow has ramifications for the division crown. And, as much as I dislike the Fecals, I hate the Turds and would love to see them lose 2 in a row to lose the division crown in December, again!

We win, the Turds are division winners. Lose, then beat the Turds the last game of the year and we crush their spirit. Garrett keeps his job, Romo keeps his job and they continue to be mediocre. Our spirits are already crushed...they still have hope. I want to see it crushed!

Yeah, that's why I'm torn. At my innermost core, I want to see the Redskins win every game. But, we are in a losing season, our hopes are already dashed. Seeing the Cowboys get railroaded at the end of the season again would bring me pure joy.

So my son just strode into the room, arms upraised, and shouted '4-11 baby!'

And that, my friends, is why you root for a win.

Now that there is what it's all about.
There is still much satisfaction to be had with a win regardless of record.

ugghhh...I'm listening to this guy JP Flaim on COMCAST. what an effing putz. all he's doing is reprising problems we all know about. his thinking is also screwed. he lists every problem as though they need to be solved immediately in order to be competitive. horse manure. Sean Springs is right: a good safety and a couple linemen on o and d and this team can turn it around. Flaim has been extolling the iggles all night as an excellent team that beat itself. and yet...the facts are the iggles defense isn't all that good. what is it Flaim? got to be great across the board to be labelled a quality team or just the Skins do?

what an arse wipe hosebag.

the Skins do have a lot of holes. Robert still has fundamental issues to fix. that said...these things can be turned around quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.