• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post Game Quotes vs. Rams: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
December 7, 2014
FedExField

Tackle Trent Williams

On if the team is getting used to losing:
“I don’t know if you can get used to losing. You build… You put so much in during the week and offseason to go out here and win on Sunday so every time you lose, it’s going to be a downer, a feeling that sticks a nasty taste in your mouth. I mean, I don’t know. I know I’m not used to losing. I don’t know if I will ever be used to losing. I mean, obviously we have to do better.”

On if Head Coach Jay Gruden has lost the locker room:
“No, he definitely hasn’t lost the locker room. We are not playing good ball right now. We had a lot of injuries. We just aren’t playing good right now. I don’t know. I don’t think it’s Coach. I don’t think Coach has anything to do with it. Obviously as players, all he can do is call the play and we’ve got to execute and we haven’t been executing lately. I don’t think nobody that puts on a jersey and a helmet can point the finger at a coach.”

Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan

On if Head Coach Jay Gruden has lost the locker room:
“No, I mean, he definitely hasn’t lost the locker room. I know I still go out there and play for him. I’d play a game for him right now if he wanted me to. I mean, I love playing for Coach Gruden and he has always been really nice to work with and I wish we could win more games for him because I really do like him.”

On former Redskins linebacker London Fletcher’s comments on Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett:
“Well, I respect London a lot. That’s kind of disappointing to hear because I really have a lot of respect for London and obviously I have a lot of respect for Coach Haz [Haslett]. I mean, I love playing for Haz.”

On how difficult it is to stay motivated when things aren’t going well:
“It’s our job. I mean, we don’t really have a choice but to keep going out there and playing hard. I know myself and a lot of guys have a lot of pride in this organization, a lot of pride being with this team, so I know I am going to go out there and give it my all these last three [games].”

Quarterback Robert Griffin III

On if he thought he was going to get an opportunity to play:
“I didn’t know if I was going to get an opportunity. It’s not my focus. My focus is to help this team win all week, helping the defense and then be ready to play if I am called upon.”

On if he was surprised he didn’t get an opportunity prior to Colt McCoy’s injury:
“No. Like I said, it’s coach’s decision – whatever he decides. You know, I am here to help this team win, so if he decides to put me in I’m ready to go, but I am not going to undermine anybody else or be that player because that’s not who I am.”

On how disappointing it is to not get that opportunity:
“The guys in here work too hard to go out here and lose at home and get shut out, so it’s tough. This is a tough situation but you’ve got to be tough-minded and we’ve got to go to work.”

Wide Receiver Santana Moss

On if the Rams gave the team looks they weren’t expecting:
“I couldn’t tell you right now. I’ve probably got to go in and watch the film and see what’s different. I mean, honestly, you can’t really see nothing when you out there running your routes. All you can do is try to run your routes and try to get open, so I can’t tell you that right now.”

On if this is rock bottom for the Redskins:
“No, man. We just… [This] season has been one of those rough seasons, man. You’ve just got to hang in there and keep fighting. We’ve got three games left. We didn’t anticipate this outcome to be like it is today. [We] went out there and laid everything on the line. They were a better team.”

On why the team has had back-to-back losing seasons:
“I mean, if we had an answer, we would probably be better. You know, hopefully we can just change this around soon – sooner than later. We have a lot of guys in there fighting, can’t say that [we aren’t fighting]. Can’t say we are not out there fighting. Can’t say the coaches are not out there preparing us well. We’ve just got to find a way to win games, got to find a way to look better in games and when we do that, we will have a better chance. It has just been tough, man. It’s a tough, tough season – been fighting uphill forever right now and, you know, the Rams came in here on a high horse and they left out on a high horse. So we just have to go in and watch what we can watch and see what we can correct so we can be a little better. You know, those guys played their behinds off. You’ve got to tip your hat off to them. They came out here and they were on a high from last week, shutting a team out, and they came in here and shut us out. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been a part of this – a part of a shutout. But you know, it happened and you’ve got to tip your hat off to them.”

Running Back Alfred Morris

On if the Rams did anything they weren’t expecting:
“No, their D-line did a good job of penetrating and stopping us from flowing sideline to sideline. They did a good job of defending us during our bread and butter, which is eight and nine outside zone. So I mean, the D-line did a great job.”

On if the team has quit:
“Oh no, the team ain’t quitting at all. We’re still fighting. I mean, the scoreboard is pretty bad but at the same time, we fought to the end. The last two minutes we were trying to score a touchdown. We are not quitters. We love what we do. I mean, it’s hard to do it when things aren’t going well for you, but at the same time we are not quitting on coach [and] we are not quitting on ourselves. We are going to keep coming out, working hard [and] trying to find a way to win.”

On how deep he has to dig to finish the season the right way:
“It’s always difficult, like I said. I kind of mentioned it about doing what we do every day, it’s not easy. It’s hard, and when you are not winning – when things aren’t going the way you want it to go – of course it’s going to be that much harder to continue to do it, especially when you don’t have really a reason to smile with the season going the way it is for us right now. But at the end of the day, this is our job. It’s our livelihood. We’ve got to come and find a way, for whatever motivates us, to continue to fight hard. We’ve got to use that and we are going to use that and I have no doubt that this team – everyone on this team – is going to continue to fight.”

Safety Ryan Clark

On the loss and where the team goes from here:
“Just give a 100 percent effort. That’s all you can do. We play every play to the last snap. On the last drive we had today defensively, I called everyone up and said, 'I don’t care what the score is. I don’t care what your responsibility is. You do it. You do it to the best of your abilities. People are going to be watching, and more importantly, we’re going to watch this film.’ And you want to know, the guys out there are still playing. They continue to play. They did that. Did they execute the way they were supposed to today? No. Do I think we had a chance to win the game? We did and we let it slip away.”

On the reason for five consecutive losses:
“Anytime you need to get a new coach, that means you weren’t a very good team the year before – probably with the exception of guys in Pittsburgh retiring because they were coached for many years. We weren’t a very good football team last year. We aren’t a very good football team now – period. We have to find an identity. Good football teams have an identity. Good football teams have go-to’s. I don’t necessarily consider the Rams a very good football team, but they are a good football team. They’ve been winning games to have an identity –great pass rush and they don’t make mistakes on offense. That’s what we have to do as a team. We have to figure out where our strengths are and play to those. The problem is we find new problems every week. One week, we don’t rush well. One week, we don’t cover well. You can’t do that. You have to be consistent in one part of your team.”

Defensive Tackle Chris Baker

On if the loss is considered rock bottom:
“Well, it’s pretty bad. It’s just the same story, different Sunday. We just can’t figure out a way to win. It’s terrible, but we’ve just got to figure out a way to win these next three games – division games. We can try and have a winning record in our division. That’s the only thing we can play for now.”

On if Head Coach Jay Gruden has lost the focus from the team:
“No, I don’t think he lost the team. It’s frustrating. Everyone wants to win and any time you’re losing the way we’re losing, there’re more questions than answer, so everyone’s got questions on how we can get better. We’ve just got to figure out a way to win as a team, cut out the negativity – bad plays, covering who you’re not supposed to cover and not being in the right gap. We’ve got to be able to play at all three phases of the game whether it’s offense, defense or special teams. Today, we got beat in all three phases.”

On if there is effort from the players:
“Yeah, without a question. The effort is out there. We’re just not getting the results. We have to figure out a way to give effort and get great results.”

Hey Redskins players - if you love Jay Gruden so ****ing much, you'd better start showing up and playing - because you're about to 'love him' right out of DC.

If someone woulda just asked a player if they thought Gruden has lost the team. Woulda been a 'complete' interview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.