• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

London Fletcher has some choice words about Haslett

I watched London and Haz's kid go at it on twitter. Hilarious.

Haz has a kid? Does he coach defense?

Haz has a kid? Does he coach defense?

Apparently he does, to a degree.
He's on the sideline with Haslett.
Here he is, (the redhead with the backwards baseball cap), saying "**** You" to Anquan Boldin, defending his Dad, just a few weeks ago, in a game where Boldin and Haslett got into it, after a play

Last edited:
This is a Mickey mouse organization.

Who cuts a starter after the opener like the Redskins did with Rambo?

You have a guy all offseason and he lasts ONE game before you decide he isn't an NFL player?

They couldn't see this in 6 months of player review, camp and the preseason?

What a joke.

Somehow I had it in my head that this kind of fustercluck would dissipate after Snyder and Cerrato got themselves surgically separated. I remember it clearly.

Yet I can find no evidence of WTF I must have been smoking to think that, nor any recollection that I was huffing gasoline or turpentine.

I guess lasting brain damage is the most logical explanation.

Nice!

London Fletcher: 'Back-stabbing' Redskins DC Jim Haslett is 'clueless' - CBSSports.com

London Fletcher: 'Back-stabbing' Redskins DC Jim Haslett is 'clueless'
By Will Brinson

Former Redskins linebacker and current CBS Sports analyst London Fletcher was on That Other Pregame Show Sunday morning and did not pull any punches when it came to talking about current Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.

Fletcher, who played for Haslett for four seasons, wondered how the defensive coordinator still has his job and more or less uncorked on Haslett, calling him "clueless" and a back stabber.

"Why does Jim Haslett still have his job as defensive coordinator after five years of ineptitude at the defensive coordinator position?" Fletcher asked. "He is clueless as a defensive coordinator. He lacks attention to detail. He lacks feel on how to call a game. Some of the calls he used to call when I was playing were head scratching. They were so bad I used to change them –- 'We're not running that.' And we'd get off the field and he would ask, 'Why did you change the call.'"

Fletcher explained on the show he would say, "'Because that's just a dumb call. That's why I changed it.'"

Fletcher then proceeded to state that Haslett's been making "excuses' "for years" and "throws everybody under the bus."

"For years he has always made excuses. One minute it was 'We're changing from the 3-4 and we don't have the right personnel.' Next minute it is salary cap. Next minute it is Mike Shanahan. Next minute it is injuries," Fletcher said. "Mike Shanahan recognized early that this guy does not know what he is doing. And he tried to help him out… And what does Jim Haslett do? He threw (Shanahan) under the bus just like he throws everybody under the bus, players and coaches included. He is a guy that does not know what he is doing."

Fletcher then proceeded to point out Jay Gruden should "watch his back" because Haslett is "probably back stabbing" him "like he did everybody else.

And the Washington Redskins and Jay Gruden in particular better watch his back and get Jim Haslett out of the door… Jay Gruden better get him out of the door because he's probably back stabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else – like he did to Scott Linehan in St. Louis and like he did to Mike Shanahan in Washington… This is a guy that would take the '85 Bears and turn them into a mediocre defense. He is clueless. He has no idea what he is doing. Believe me, I had a front row seat for four years.

Chris Russell on WTEM loudly calling London Fletcher a "fraud". Doing his best to back it up with facts. Al Galdi backing Russell up on Fletcher's lack of character and leadership. Both guys saying Fletch was never the stand up guy that fans thought he was.

Didn't hear the Galdi thing but most over at espn980 back each other up regardless, Russell is a known Haz backer so it makes sense that he would go that way.

I don't really care about Fletcher's character. I'm pretty sure he knows of what he speaks when it comes to Haslett.

True, and both are on Snyder's payroll.

Russell did name a half dozen players who he says agree that Fletch is FOS. But, they're on the payroll too. Toxic environment.

Not too impressed with Fletcher OR Haslett right now.

Wasn't Fletcher with Haslett in St. Louis too? Fletcher has zero credibility issues, Haslett has a ton and the media's credibility is laughable.

I don't really care about Fletcher's character. I'm pretty sure he knows of what he speaks when it comes to Haslett.

Haslett's lack of results speak for themselves, which is why Fletcher is making a mistake by letting it get personal - it allows the Chris Russells to devote radio time to discussing Fletcher's character instead of Haslett's record.

Are they pissed because he called Haz a backstabber or the fact he called Haz clueless? Because I think the majority of Skins fans have determined the latter pretty easily. ;-)

Haz's team defensive ranking throughout his career:

20, 11, 7, 12, 10, 27, 26, 14, 27, 28, 28, 31, 31, 21, 21, 22, 30, 21

To me you don't even need to get into X's and O's, this is a crystal clear indictment on his inability to get a defense to perform and in fact make a good defense perform poorly.

Keeping Orakpo for the tender?

Cutting Rambo after the opener after talking him up all summer?

Acquiring and starting 4-3 linemen in a 3-4 scheme despite the obvious struggles time and again?

All of these decisions seem to center around Haslett and his decision-making and influence on a young HC that now seems in over his head.

Gruden trusted Haslett's evaluations and as a result there were only a couple of changes on a defense that was #30 last year.

Same personnel, similar results.

You can add in a rookie like Breeland or are turning pick who has been hurt like Robinson and they can be pleasant surprises.

But if you add them together with Kerrigan and perhaps Baker, the defense still needs 6-7 new starters!

Jenkins = bust
Bowen = over 30, injury prone
Cofield = see above
Hatcher = at 32 he will be retired when the Redskins are contenders even if they bring in the right GM.
Riley = overrated player who has poor anticipation/instincts despite being a good athlete.
Orakpo = he says he is an elite OLB. If he sat down and watched Von Miller or Justin Houston on film I think he would be humbled.
Amerson = appears to be a knucklehead, missed assignments, misses practice and team meetings. This guy thinks he has made it. He needs to improve 50% to remain a starter on a playoff caliber defense.

Meriweather = suspended, injured whatever. This guy is never on the field. He is the embodiment of the phrase 'you can't make a good club from the hot tub'.

Clark = at 35 he's done. The problem is the team brought him in to be a leader but in order to have credibility you still have to be able to go out there and not embarrass yourself.

Biggers, Minnifield, et al = these guys are just bodies. Either cast offs or practice squaders, there aren't any answers in this group.

But you need 53 players right?😁

The team with Haslett providing the Intel didn't do much in the offseason to revamp this unit because he felt they were close.

He was right - close to the bottom that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.