• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

London Fletcher has some choice words about Haslett

As the Redskins Turn!

All My Redskins!

Ashburn Place!

The Young and the Clueless!

The Old and the Fugly!

Daze of Our Lives!

The timing of the apology seems odd. Haslett and the Redskins mutually agreed to part ways after the 2014 season, and the former defensive coordinator has been off the radar since early this year.

I still don't see why exactly the timing seems odd.....other than, why it took him so long to apologize

Well, I think that's it. Why?

Why did he feel the need to do it in the first place? (Hoping to further his media career was my determination)
Why did he change his tune, after initially doubling down a couple days after the first assault?
Why apologize if you believed what you were saying?
And why apologize now. (Another career based move, IMHO)

Nah I'll cut him some slack and just believe it happens now because the guy feels bad and wants to apologize as publicly as he called Has out. I think it's weak though because everything he said was true.

Poor London found out that speaking your mind rarely works in the media. Still glad he did it, too many years of cluelessness at the DC position not to be said out loud. Hope it doesn't inhibit his ability to earn $ post-football. Loved LF as a player, still not sold on him as a personality though.

Fletcher took the money and then bad-mouthed people on the way out. People he evidently never shared his feelings with.

Not a lot to respect about that.

Those last two years Fletcher was a shell of the player he used to be but the Redskins didn't ask him to take a pay cut or undercut him in the papers about 'some overpriced veterans' taking up cap room, etc.

No Fletcher was borne out to be a small and self-consumed former athlete who was worried about where his next checks were coming from.

Should have saved some of that $$.

Those last two years Fletcher was a shell of the player he used to be but the Redskins didn't ask him to take a pay cut or undercut him in the papers about 'some overpriced veterans' taking up cap room, etc.

Physically? Maybe, but his leadership is why we went on a 7-0 to make the playoffs. We can all think it was Robert's play/leadership, but the reality is...we won games down the stretch because our defense stepped up. No...they weren't a great defense, but they definitely played harder down the stretch and were a significant reason we went on that run...that was London Fletcher's leadership.

Well, that's true but going on ESPN after leaving with smiles is classless.

Well, that's true but going on ESPN after leaving with smiles is classless.

Not sure I agree with this. My impression at the time was that he had kept things in house the whole time, as he should, and then when it appeared that Gruden was going to keep Haslett, he felt he had to get the information out there so the remaining players on the defense didn't have to suffer through another season with the Has. I felt he went overboard with his comments, but it didn't seem classless to me. Just my thoughts at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.