• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

London Fletcher has some choice words about Haslett

Nobody to replace him?
His excuses were good enough to fool snyder?
Cap penalty?

Not sure if those fit but off the top of my head those would be where I looked first

I will say I am not or never have been a Haslett fan. Except when we played Dallas.

I always liked Fletcher the Redskins player. He played with heart and intensity.

I have a problem with this attack. First, he should have left Haslett's son out of ths. Fletcher stated Shanahan saw early on Haslett was clueless. Thing here is Shanahan researched DC's year he was out and wanted Haslett. He even convinced the switch to 3-4.

If Shanahan saw he was clueless why didn't he fire him?

I think Haslett and Raheem Morris should be fired....along with Allen.

I lost a little respect for Fletcher in all this.

Haslett is Bruce's guy isn't he?? I hate to have to say it but if it comes out that Bruce is the reason Haslett has not been canned then Bruce can join him on the unemployable line. What are they gonna do now? Can Gruden and promote Haslett to HC? What a ****ing clown car.

Haslett doesn't have credibility issues, he has issues as a coach. Two different things. You can say he has accountability issues, but we really don't know much about him as a man.. unless you just go by what London says.

Nick

Lack of accountability goes straight to credibility when it comes to solving the problems around this joint. His deflection of responsibility from himself to Shanahan or the players with the handcuffed comments goes straight to credibility. He most definitely has issues with telling the truth when it comes to his own performance. If you can't acknowledge that your teams haven't and don't perorm or that you need to up your game in regards to play calling and in game adjustments then you're full of crap and lack credibility.

Fletcher is trying to enhance his new media career.

Doesn't mater what is, or is not, true. The timing is solely career based. Nothing else. He has no one's interests in mind but his own.
Nothing shocking really.

Maybe but isn't it also possible that he's as frustrated as we are and finally spouted off about it? Maybe both? Opportunistic venting of genuine opinions and emotions? The two don't have to be mutually exclusive (I'm not saying you implied that necessarily).

Little late to this thread, mainly because I've tried to bury myself under a rock and pretend none of this happening.

Regardless, I don't buy the notion that these comments from Fletcher came out at some premeditated time in order to bolster his media career. Everything I've ever read and/or witnessed with regard to Fletcher is that he is a solid guy, good leader and mentor and extremely credible. I take to heart what this guy says way more than I take to heart what most any other former player out there says, particularly when it comes to critique of Haslett and our D. It was definitely startling to hear him take such a direct aim at Haslett because that isn't his typical demeanor, but at this point he has Haslett's history and record on his side backing up his claims and I think anyone, former Redskins or not, is going to have a tough time refuting Fletcher's commentary.

I have a problem with this attack. First, he should have left Haslett's son out of ths. Fletcher stated Shanahan saw early on Haslett was clueless. Thing here is Shanahan researched DC's year he was out and wanted Haslett. He even convinced the switch to 3-4.

I didn't necessarily like Fletcher bringing up the backstabbing comments, so I didn't like that part of it. But it was Haslett's son that interjected himself into the conversation. Fletcher could have opted to not reply, but unless I'm mistaken he didn't start it with his son.

This is true Dixie, but why get into a war of words with his son in first place. Fletcher is supposed to be the adult. He should have stated his case and kept it between him and Jim Haslett.

I have to agree with Doc Walker on all this. Why didn't Fletcher come out and say this back last spring or in training camp? What is the reason or gain to say it when there are so many problems which everyone sees.

I think Morris is to much to blame as Haslett with secondary issues.

Little late to this thread, mainly because I've tried to bury myself under a rock and pretend none of this happening.

Regardless, I don't buy the notion that these comments from Fletcher came out at some premeditated time in order to bolster his media career. Everything I've ever read and/or witnessed with regard to Fletcher is that he is a solid guy, good leader and mentor and extremely credible. I take to heart what this guy says way more than I take to heart what most any other former player out there says, particularly when it comes to critique of Haslett and our D. It was definitely startling to hear him take such a direct aim at Haslett because that isn't his typical demeanor, but at this point he has Haslett's history and record on his side backing up his claims and I think anyone, former Redskins or not, is going to have a tough time refuting Fletcher's commentary.

Just reporting what I've seen / heard here.

A couple years ago I was lucky enough to get invited to the Redskins new years eve charity party down in Tyson Corner. London Fletcher was there and I approached him to shake his hand. He shook it, but seemed almost annoyed that I came up to him and complimented him. He was by no means a jerk or mean about it, but it just felt like he was there and just wasn't interested.

I also heard this morning that Fletch has planned charity events before, only to cancel last minute, or even no-show, thus dumping the responsibilities on other people. Whether he has an agenda or not, I can't say I have enough experience to be positive.. but the timing of this as well as other things I've heard doesn't exactly give a ringing endorsement.

I don't understand what him being a prick has to do with anything though Derek? Darrell Green had a well known reputation for being an absolute asshole who was nothing like the 'great guy' fans wanted to believe he was. If Darrell Green were saying this about a coach, would we not believe it was probably pretty accurate?

I don't understand the skepticism some of you guys are voicing - his motives don't matter a whit. His take is either accurate or it's not. I see no reason not to believe he's basically telling the truth at least as he sees it.

I don't understand what him being a prick has to do with anything though Derek? Darrell Green had a well known reputation for being an absolute asshole who was nothing like the 'great guy' fans wanted to believe he was. If Darrell Green were saying this about a coach, would we not believe it was probably pretty accurate?

I don't understand the skepticism some of you guys are voicing - his motives don't matter a whit. His take is either accurate or it's not. I see no reason not to believe he's basically telling the truth at least as he sees it.

Special K referenced his character saying that they take his word to heart. I was just pointing out facts to be considered when using his character as a point of defense... Is he right? Very well could be, but looking at the situation as a whole, this looks and sounds a lot like either a personal vendetta, or another media flame of the Redskins because they seem to be an easy target.... from every direction.

Last edited:
Haslett has never placed a defense in the top five in 20 years.

He was also dismal as a head coach.

What he was supposed to do to help show Gruden the ropes I can't determine.

Seems we could have found a new DC that would have objectively evaluated our talent.

We have $20M tied up in Orakpo, Bowen and Cofield for 2014.

None of these players is worth anywhere close to their hits against the cap.

Poor cap management re paying talent has been an issue here since free agency started in 1993.

Remember Dana Stubblefield? Remember Stanley Richard?

This goes back way before Snyder, but became disastrous with the post-Gibbs signings of Haynesworth, Hall, etc.

Where is the word we used to hear about with Beathard?

VALUE.

That's a foreign concept now.

This team has been so pathetic the only thing stirring up emotions recently has been the name change debate.

That's truly sad.

Snyder like Al Davis in his older years has made his franchise irrelevant.

Looking at the games played since Tampa, Washington may be the worst team in the league right now.

Oakland has won two of its last three.

Minny has gone on a little tear with Bridgewater.

The Jets are still awful as is Tennessee.

But Washington could make a good case for any of the top 4 slots in the next draft.

See what giving up three first round picks does to your team?

The Redskins lost a generation of talent in those picks.

One of those picks could have been a RT to pair with Trent Williams.

Another could have been a legit pass rushing OLB to match with Kerrigan, instead of depending upon Orakpo.

The third could have been a quarterback who had experience in a pro style offense in college and could come in and run a full playbook instead of a watered down version where there were only primary reads and few audibles.

Woulda coulda shoulda....you're assuming they make good picks with those draft choices. BIG assumption.

This is true Dixie, but why get into a war of words with his son in first place. Fletcher is supposed to be the adult. He should have stated his case and kept it between him and Jim Haslett.

I have to agree with Doc Walker on all this. Why didn't Fletcher come out and say this back last spring or in training camp? What is the reason or gain to say it when there are so many problems which everyone sees.

I think Morris is to much to blame as Haslett with secondary issues.

It took him this long to become fed up enough to voice it.

You don't think Kerrigan was talking with his teeth knashed yesterday when he told Brian Mitchell he was 100% behind Haslett and thought he was a good coach? 😃

Just reporting what I've seen / heard here.

A couple years ago I was lucky enough to get invited to the Redskins new years eve charity party down in Tyson Corner. London Fletcher was there and I approached him to shake his hand. He shook it, but seemed almost annoyed that I came up to him and complimented him. He was by no means a jerk or mean about it, but it just felt like he was there and just wasn't interested.

I also heard this morning that Fletch has planned charity events before, only to cancel last minute, or even no-show, thus dumping the responsibilities on other people. Whether he has an agenda or not, I can't say I have enough experience to be positive.. but the timing of this as well as other things I've heard doesn't exactly give a ringing endorsement.
I'm not talking about that kind of character. I really don't care how he interacts with fans, in fact I pretty much expect that type of behavior from most athletes during fan interactions.

I'm saying from what I've read/heard, Fletcher is pretty highly regarded by teammates as a good teammate and leader. Have you seen many other instances where Fletcher has gone off on a former coach like this? He eviscerated both Haslett's skills and his character in that clip. That is not Fletcher's normal MO. He's not someone known to fly off the handle and give crazy interviews or commentary. It is based on his historically anti-drama queen and anti-loose cannon behavior that makes me take note of what he's saying. Further, it's not like he was just throwing accusations out there; he broke down multiple plays explaining each inept call Haslett made in those scenarios. To me he was just expressing his honest opinion very likely out of similar frustration that so many of us feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.