• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Week Thirteen Questions – Special Edition

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
Week Thirteen Questions – Special Edition​

Welcome to week thirteen questions and grades as the Redskins were routed by the Colts in another exercise of football futility. BBQ is ditching the grading format this week as much of it is dismal (Colt McCoy being the exception) and a special question and answer format is presented. We’re also ditching the blog format for this special edition. You are welcome to answer any and all questions and the writer of BBQ will be an active participant too.

1. Keeping Robert Griffin, III next year will not have an impact on the 2015 cap. Releasing him would cost about $6.7 million and trading him triggers the same amount. Do we keep him, release him, or make a trade?

2. Jay Gruden could be on the hotseat. Do we keep him or fire him?

3. It is a given that most fans want Jim Haslett to be fired. However, under what conditions should he stay? Should Jay Gruden be seen as the person who takes charge or should the decision come from higher up? If Haslett is fired, who would you like to see as a replacement?

4. Do you feel comfortable with Colt McCoy as the starter at QB? Is it possible that he has turned the corner and can be a reliable option for the Redskins in the future?

5. It is possible that Brian Orakpo could return on a very favorable contract for the team. Are you in favor of such a move?

6. Which players would you target in the upcoming free agency period for 2015?

7. Which players would you target in the upcoming 2015 draft?

8. How would you feel if Raheem Morris is promoted to defensive coordinator? Should the team cut ties with him?

9. Should the team hire a football GM and move Bruce Allen to a business GM role? Should Bruce Allen be fired altogether?

10. If you may, list twenty or more players that are currently on the roster that you would build the team around for the future. Feel free to list the attributes of each player or just post a simple list.

11. In recent days, we have seen conflicting reports about Griffin (he is gone, he’s staying). Which report do you believe?

12. Finally, the name change issue probably comes to the forefront once again in the offseason. All of us have made our preferences known in this forum. Would you be interested in a compromise? The new team name could come from a local tribe – the Powhatans. Team colors would remain the same and the logo as well. Forming an alliance with the Powhatans of today could be a win-win situation. Your thoughts and ideas are welcomed.

Week thirteen passes into the history books. The regular format and blog will return next week. On to week fourteen and a home game against the Rams.

See you again next week.

Hail to the Redskins!

1. Keep him.
2. Keep him.
3. The ultimate choice should be Gruden's.
4. Whoever takes the snaps for us is my guy.
5. Yes.
6. Premature question.
7. See #6.
8. Let you know when/if it happens.
9. This is year 1 of trusting the scouts. If we can add good people, then do so. Bruce isn't going anywhere, for now.
10. See #6 & 7.
11. Doesn't matter what we believe. It'll be what it is, regardless of our opinion.
12. No compromise. If it changes, it kills all history, and association with this team. For me. If they have to change, I'd rather see the franchise moved to LA. New city, new name, new colors, new beginning.

It would be premature and reckless to jettison either RG3 or Gruden. I never wanted Haslett here, was furious that he was retained.....and have resigned myself to the fact that he'll find a way to hang on for another year. Same goes for the rest of the TB mafia (Allen and Morris). TB went from being a top notch team under McKay to a disaster under Allen, and it's that failed abortion that our owner has been hoodwinked into reanimating.
I, like everyone else, would like to see the OL addressed in FA and the draft, except that we've apparently failed miserably at both. Even Vinny Bugeyes was better at drafing OL-Dockery was a decent starter and Rhinehart is better than any guard we've got on the roster. The Lavao signing has been a failure.
Orakpo is gone. He will go back to being a 4-3 DE somewhere and have a decent career IF he stays healthy.
Colt McCoy is too weak armed to be the long term answer - a poor man's Chad Pennington.

I think most everyone would like to see OL and DL addressed in FA and the draft.

I'd like to see both the coach and the franchise QB back next year.

Giving Vinny props? Whoa. Never woulda thunk it. :)

1. rls Griffin. the chemistry w/Gruden is horrific and having him as back-up wld be disruptive. take the hit. let Griffin learn how to play QB for the Boys or Iggles.

2. keep Gruden cuz no one else will want to come here as HC.

3. jettison hazmat

4. rak is a better pass rusher than Murphy. but he can't stay on the field. get rid of him and add OLB to the gap list. find a new role for murphy.

5. colt mccoy is a placeholder. an 8-8/9-7 type QB...which doesn't win any division w/chip kelley in it

6. too far ahead to think abt FAs. I'd fix the coaching staff first.

7. draft:
- by position: FS, L/R guard, d-line, dbs
- BPA: defense frist

8. Griffin battle is between Gruden and FO. don't care who prevails since I think both are flawed and incompetent.

9. namechange: that's just one more concession to political correctness and freedom of choice. I'm done w/this team and the NFL if that happens. "You can keep your team name if that's what you want"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.