• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Rams: Can we pop the bubble of confidence?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
There isn't a lot being said on Rams fan sites about the game-at least when compared to most teams- so thre aren't a lot of posts.

There is a good amount of confidence, though. I guess destroying a team 52-0, even one as bad as the Raiders, can do that.

Fortunately some are rather lengthy so there are things to read and digest.

AkRamFan

These last few games are so important to us I see us easily getting past the skins this weekend and our next game against Arizona will be a good battle should have won the last battle against them but now its in our house on prime time Thursday it will keep us in the playoff hunt. Trying to find a way to make it down to Seattle to see our last game of the season Dec. 28 would love to be there to help quiet down the 12th man but them damn Seahag tickets ain't cheep. Wish the best of luck to our Rams these last few but so important games Go Rams!!!!

MikeyRam

While this team wasn't as bad as their record early in the season indicated, I hope they are real clear about the fact that they are not a 52-0 team, either...Hope for a win and think they bring it home, but still worries me a little...If they can get off to a fast start again, this thing could be over early..If thewy wobble early on, they can easily lose this game..If they have to throw all day, they will put up some nice yardage numbers, but I don't think they can beat the Rams that way...Wow, how's that for flopping around like a fish out of water ???

fearsomefour

The Rams have been up and down, no new news there....the approach to this game will be interesting to me. On the road I would expect a more conservative approach but that may not be the case.

As for Williams and the D the one area McCoy has done some of his best work is vs. the blitz. I really see the Rams rolling out 4 wins in a row with Oak, Washington, Arizona and the Giants.

One Rams fan site has a thread where they peruse Skins fan sites (apparently ES only, actually) and then provide I guess what could be called "contradictory" responses.

dbrooks25

"WR: SKINS --- No question here. Our #3 (Andre Roberts) would probably be your #1."

Does anyone know if this is true or not? I don't know much about Washington but I really doubt that this statement is true.

BigRamFan

Statistically speaking (total receiving yards) it is not. Both D. Jackson and P. Gracon lead K. Britt but no other Redskin WR has a yardage advantage over Britt. From the eyeball test I'd take Britt over both Roberts and Gracon (at this point in his career). From the PITA test (pain in the arse) I would also take Britt over Jackson. Add in Bailey's recent production and Tavon's explosiveness and I say we win the WR "contest" hands down.

Boffo97

Redskins fan said:

Tress Way is probably the best punter in the league right now

BigRamFan

Tress Way leads J. Hekker by 0.1 yard in net punting, but Johnny has more inside the 20, fewer touchbacks and fewer returns for less return yardage. Throw in his passing skills and this is obviously an inaccurate statement (by the skins fan).

LesBaker

The Redskins are weak against the pass so BS should use the gameplan he did with the Raiders and come out swinging. The D will shut down the run and put lots of pressure on McCoy.

This remark by one of their fans made me chuckle......Rams will beat the skins 35-0 and force Snyder to hand over next years 1st rnd pick before leaving

I think the Rams will win comfortably. It won't be a destructive blow out but they will be in control from start to finish.

There were some score predictions.

JackPMiller

I go with Rams 24- Washington 10.

Washington gets an early 7-0 lead, before our D clamps down, and takes it to them. Plus, I can see an INT return for a TD.

Hacksaw

I'll go with 27-13 Rams. If RG2.5 plays them it's 28-10

ramsfan288

Rams: 24
Redskins: 12

actionjack

I think it is a tight game going to the half, but Rams open it up in the 4Q.

RAMS 32

Skins 20

Apparently there is always going to be a contrarian.

Phil Anselmo

Rams 17
Skins 34

I know, I know.

I enjoyed the game last week. One of the best Rams games I've had the pleasure of watching. But this team has to show me otherwise that they can build on success.

TheRamsInfiniti

Why would anybody pick against the Rams here? It's an easy cover

Rams 27
Skins 10

Hacksaw_64[/B]

1. we are coming off a big win

2. we are on the road

3. schotty will baffle us with his "unique" playcalling

4. shaun hill is our starting QB

jetplt67

"unique" I love it!!

Rams 13
Redskins 12

dieterbrock

My heart and my gut are not on the same page here, which is not comforting to me....

I'll go with the heart

Rams 27
Skins 13

Cant afford any mental lapses by JJ, McCoy will dink and dunk with the best of them, which is fine as our corners have shown that there's no YAC going on. But if they go over the top, and thankfully Colt can only throw it about 30 yards Very Happy we shouldnt have to play too deep

Iaram

But their weakness is our strength - pass blocking against our pass rush.

I think they're #2 in the league for sacks allowed. Colt McCoy does have some pretty good mobility however.

Alfred Morris can be a problem for the Rams because they run him on stretch plays and he's an excellent cutback runner.

The Rams will have to be sound in their run fits in setting the edge, and playing their lanes against the cutback.

We all know that cutback runners have historically killed the Rams.

It I were the Skins I would look at the AZ and SD gameplans against the Rams defense.

Nickel inside draws against and quick hitters on the edges.

McCoy doesn't have the experience of a Rivers, but if he can get the ball quickly into D-Jax and Garcons hands, they can present problems. Both wr's are great run after catch guys.

This will be an interesting game IMO and fun to see how the Skins attack our defense.

If I'm the Rams O, I attack them very similar to the way they attacked Oakland.

Come out firing, the Skins pass defense is horrible!!

LesBaker

The other thing about McCoy.

He is super accurate rolling out and that has been a problem for the D too. McCoy is playing well and doesn't turn the ball over, I like him as a QB actually. When he was with the Browns he played pretty well for someone with no experience. If the Redskins decide not to keep him I wouldn't mind the Rams using him as a stopgap until they find the guy who will get them the rings.

Your point about RB's gashing the Rams on cutbacks has been true for awhile but they really have seemed to clean things up lately. Morris is having a so-so year, he's dropped wau off from his rookie year and even last year.

Coming off a huge win, and with the stuff swirling around the WR's "hands up don't shoot" thing this could be a trap game. I hope Fisher has them focused and to your point about coming out firing

I agree they should use the same approach they did with the Raiduhs. That and getting to McCoy should get them the W.

One Rams fan posted some of HC Jeff Fisher and QB Shaun Hill's thoughts about playing the Redskins.

Shaky

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher and QB Shaun Hill (12-3-14):

(On how important the 2012 trade with the Washington Redskins has been to putting the team together)

More...

While the last 6 games between the two have pretty much gone in the Rams favor (4-2) they have all been close but one with one of the six going to OT. Both are 1-1 in DC. I see another close one and anything can happen in close one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.