• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mr. Irrelevant: How To Quit The Redskins Cold Turkey

BGO

Here to collect his winnings from correctly predicting the Redskins-49ers game is JP. The “breaking point,” “the straw that broke the camel’s back,” “one toke over the line,” wait, what? Yeah, if you’re a fan of the Redskins and their broke-dick, cheese-eating, high school-boy (thank you, Canadian power poppers, The Pursuit Of Happiness) mentality and […]

More...

I have to confess, I have had some of these same thoughts over the past 2 seasons.

Hi, my name is Dieselpwr44 and I'm a sick,demented Redskins fan.

Ummm...where's the booze?

We might as well all walk away from our wives and kids when they piss us off too then.

Last edited:
ive been a redskins fan for 35 years, been to games, met players, have TONS of swag but when is enough enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We might as well all walk away from our wives and kids when they piss us off too then.

You didn't seriously just say that did you? Love ya man, but I'm not married to this team. But that's the problem with this franchise - they're like a wife that ignores you for years, nags, withholds sex, but expects you to hang around for the rest of your life out of some misplaced sense of commitment. Someday, it just makes sense to get out and try to find some happiness.

I'm not there yet, but I don't think I'm more than another bumbling, stumbling year or two away.

Last edited:
You didn't seriously just say that did you? Love ya man, but I'm not married to this team. But that's the problem with this franchise - they're like a wife that ignores you for years, nags, withholds sex, but expects you to hang around for the rest of your life out of some misplaced sense of commitment. Someday, it just makes sense to get out and try to find some happiness.

I'm not there yet, but I don't think I'm more than another bumbling, stumbling year or two away.

if your name is RG3, Dan does not withhold the sex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL :) ........

Forget the team, I like you guys way too much though to just walk away. :)

Honestly, that's where I'm at now. I don't get much joy out of anything this organization does nowadays, but I certainly enjoy the personalities you guys have and the common bond we share. So if that's all I have left to cling to as a Skins fan, I think that's enough to ever keep me completely away from it. I don't know, maybe it'll get so bad and we'll all be too miserable that even that'll change, lol.

But for now, I can say things like I really, really enjoy the chat with you all here on game day so much so that the awful display of football acumen from this team on the field doesn't even hurt much anymore.

Boone,

I appreciate your opinion. I can't honestly say that the thought of leaving has crossed my mind before.

Others tell me the same thing all the time - the wife especially..."you could have been spending a few hours with your kids," is the common phrase when I come stumbling upstairs after another embarrassing loss each Sunday. The sad part is I know she's right.

At the end of the day, I don't have to care as much, cheer as hard, or be as emotionally invested. However, when this team has been a part of my life since I was 7 years old, I can't envision a situation where I just head for the hills.

The franchise has always been a part of who I am, something that others who know me associate me with.

Yes, we're all frustrated beyond belief. However, in football and in all other pro sports, fans of numerous franchises all suffer through the same types of droughts. How many pro teams haven't won championships in the last 23 years? Many.

We aren't alone - the problem is we've taken the dry spell to a new low by being horribly bad (to the point where it's unwatchable sometimes).

Well said Hog. I will not divulge the ill will I wished on the author of this, piece.

Boone,

I appreciate your opinion. I can't honestly say that the thought of leaving has crossed my mind before.

Others tell me the same thing all the time - the wife especially..."you could have been spending a few hours with your kids," is the common phrase when I come stumbling upstairs after another embarrassing loss each Sunday. The sad part is I know she's right.

At the end of the day, I don't have to care as much, cheer as hard, or be as emotionally invested. However, when this team has been a part of my life since I was 7 years old, I can't envision a situation where I just head for the hills.

The franchise has always been a part of who I am, something that others who know me associate me with.

Yes, we're all frustrated beyond belief. However, in football and in all other pro sports, fans of numerous franchises all suffer through the same types of droughts. How many pro teams haven't won championships in the last 23 years? Many.

We aren't alone - the problem is we've taken the dry spell to a new low by being horribly bad (to the point where it's unwatchable sometimes).

great post!

I also have been a fan since..well...1962.

what is it in your identity that derives so much meaning and significance from a sports franchise? what is it that you are suggesting in this post that defines who you are?

not an attack. simply fascinated by posts like yours.

Heard it all before, and sadly I'm sure I'll hear it again. Drama queen crap in my opinion. I'll defer to CH's comments on this, as well as Ax's. Well said and much less offensive than the rest of mine.

I thank God for the fact that I opted against skins ink a few years ago.
I can't explain how awful it made me feel to just say that.

hmmm...food for thought...beyond logos...what would a tattoo current to present times look like? perhaps a new thread to address this?

"In Dan we trust"?

"From chaos comes order"?

"Hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel one day"?

"Change is a good thing"?

"Bring back Joe one more time"?

"Secondary is secondary"

"I know why the caged Jaybird sings"?

"Skins fandom - it's an adventure!"

"Skinspocalypse Now"?

I have been a skins fan for about 45 year's now so I've enjoyed the good and weathered the bad. So I will still be a fan. Besides, there is no other team that I really want to swap my allegiance to. I have respect for some, no ill will to some, some I could care less about and some I just plain hate.

And not all fanbases are created equal. Many are respectfully and knowledgeable. However some I just can't even talk to without losing the few precious brain cells that I have left.

hmmm...food for thought...beyond logos...what would a tattoo current to present times look like? perhaps a new thread to address this?

"In Dan we trust"?

"From chaos comes order"?

"Hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel one day"?

"Change is a good thing"?

"Bring back Joe one more time"?

"Secondary is secondary"

"I know why the caged Jaybird sings"?

"Skins fandom - it's an adventure!"

"Skinspocalypse Now"?

My second skins tattoo reads in small letters "wwjgd" most think it's religious but it stands for what "would joe Gibbs do"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.