• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2014 - Week 13 Redskins v Rams

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Ax

WE NEED A LEADER, COACH

Damn I hate losing. I hate losing more than I love winning. The only thing I hate as bad as...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
nice write up...good to see a spark left in our fans still.

if we don't come out and just lay down as soon as something bad happens we can stay in this game. and if we come out and execute the way we SHOULD we can definitely beat the Lams.

Great job Brother Ax - you were definitely the right man for the job this week - thanks!

The best thing we have going for us this week? Even WITH Jeff Fisher (and I agree with you - he's probably the most underrated head coach in NFL history - I wish he was OUR coach), the Rams are still, well, the Rams. They've won a whopping 2 more games than we have.

gorams.jpg

excellent Ax. I'm like you, this is winnable and McCoy can get it done. Gruden will have some cards yet to play as long as the opportunities are there. Good game to bet on Redskins. In fact, make it a double play.

Ax, I'll always appreciate your sense of optimism. Great write up.

Most people believe that at this point the Rams fleeced us in the Griffin deal.

In my opinion, I don't care how many picks we sent their way - if they too keep winning 5, 6, or 7 games a year, it'll all prove to be a wash in the end. However, time will still tell on that one.

A Ram's win would give outsiders even more reason to laugh at our franchise, especially those who feel the Rams were the winners of the Griffin trade.

I'd like to win this weekend for the simple sake of not having even more poop smeared in our faces.

Thanks Gents.

Lots of reasons we need this one.
1. Winning, should always be the goal. I know this is when the "draft position" aficionado's start blathering about how "winning doesn't matter" now. As always, they are wrong.
2. Winning at home, is of the upmost importance. We need a streak to start. JKC, rest his soul, didn't build a very good home for our boys. It has never been a place opposing teams fear coming to.
3. Gruden, more so than the players, needs a confidence builder. I still believe in him. But he's a major work in progress. He's desperate. And desperate people don't always think clearly.
4. The fans. I've said it before. 24hr tv sports news, sports talk radio, internet message boards, Fantasy Football, and Madden video games, have ruined traditional fandom. You can't even shut up the bitchin' with a win. But it do make it easier to tolerate.
5. The Rams players have this one circled as a win. Nice to serve them a hot shit sandwich.
6. Winning, should always be the goal.

I wish Snyder would build a new stadium now - we need to bury the last 20 years for good, the sooner, the better. That would be a good symbolic gesture towards starting a new chapter. Of course, he'll probably build Jerrah World II.

I think 5 seconds after he can get out of the contract with Maryland, he's gonna build a new one.

I think 5 seconds after he can get out of the contract with Maryland, he's gonna build a new one.

He still has 15 years left on that contract, if I recall correctly.

Good work, Ax. As you say, anything is possible and with this team, just when I think they are a complete washout for the season they'll likely as not destroy my logical(?) conclusion by pulling off a totally unexpected win.

Like over the Eagles, or something almost equally ridiculous.

What the hell, beat the damn Rams, for the lulz if nothing else. :surprise:

Ax, reading your blognostication was like entering a 2-day time warp back to a conversation I had with my dad on Tuesday. At that time I told him he was the only one on earth who continued to hold on to some remaining shred of optimism for our team this year, whereas my brother and I had already thrown in the towel and decided we were going steelhead fishing. :laugh: I'll definitely show this to him!

You're absolutely right though: any given Sunday...

hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but its just gonna be another heartbreaking loss. Not even gonna watch. Too painful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biggest challenge is the Rams fairly potent pass rush. I could still see us pulling out a win if our secondary can play a decent game.

hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but its just gonna be another heartbreaking loss. Not even gonna watch. Too painful
No sweat, Debbie. It wouldn't be a party without one of you pissing in the punch bowl, after announcing your presence. As if we didn't notice the bells and flashing neon. :)

Glad you're not watching too. We don't need the negative waves, Moriarty. ;)

Another quote from James T. Kirk. "I want my pain! I need my pain!"

Ax, reading your blognostication was like entering a 2-day time warp back to a conversation I had with my dad on Tuesday. At that time I told him he was the only one on earth who continued to hold on to some remaining shred of optimism for our team this year, whereas my brother and I had already thrown in the towel and decided we were going steelhead fishing. :laugh: I'll definitely show this to him!

You're absolutely right though: any given Sunday...
Your Dad is obviously a wise, steady man.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sweat, Debbie. It wouldn't be a party without one of you pissing in the punch bowl, after announcing your presence. As if we didn't notice the bells and flashing neon. :)

Glad you're not watching too. We don't need the negative waves, Moriarty. ;)

Another quote from James T. Kirk. "I want my pain! I need my pain!"

aaaaaaandd you'll be the same guy on here blaming the offensive line, play calling,,,oh where oh where is rg3,,,,blah blah blah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaaaaaandd you'll be the same guy on here blaming the offensive line, play calling,,,oh where oh where is rg3,,,,blah blah blah
No, my new friend. Don't let the sarcasm get to you. Just bustin' your balls a little. There's plenty of blame to go around.

But optimism, or pessimism, is a conscious choice. We just choose differently.

Very nice Ax! takes a strong will to mount those rose colored glasses every Sunday.

Agree with you on turning the corner. Just don't think it's gonna happen this season - especially with our injury situation in the secondary.

Game is likely to be in the rain. who does that favor more?

It's rare that turning the corner is instantly seen as the right road. You usually have to travel a little ways first.

And they are not rose colored glasses. They are years of seeing the unimaginable happen, when you least expect it. And realizing, it can, and will, always be so.

Because, I'm Gumby, dammit!

Oh, and the rain favors Almo.

And they are not rose colored glasses. They are years of seeing the unimaginable happen, when you least expect it. And realizing, it can, and will, always be so.

Moving to Montana soon!!!!

luv ya just the same brotha! again...great write-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.