• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Your most memorable Washington Redskins moment!

BnGBuns

The Rookie
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
I thought I might put this here as maybe not every moment has a video go with it. Sorry about the nfl.com links. I dont know how to embed their videos.)

With this season coming to a close, it not been very successful so far, I went back and watched some of the games that I got to see since 2008. I have most of them saved just so I can go relive some of the better moments. Then a thought came to me. Why not share a few with BGO?

Its 2009. Its Denver at Washington. Down by 7 with 6:20 before the half. 4th and 20. We had a punter named Hunter Smith and a man name Sellers. We called him Hunter Punter for a reason.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81433994/WK-10-Can-t-Miss-Play-Washington-shenanigans[/video]

2012. Baltimore at Washington. Baltimore puts down our rookie of the year QB while we were on a run for the enzone. The questionable backup Cousins makes his first appearance as a backup. Less than 2 minutes to make a TD then a 2-point conversion to try and tie the game and keep us in the playoffs.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000107958/WK-14-Can-t-Miss-Play-Cousins-forces-OT[/video]

2012 again. Its the final game of the season against the long time, most hated, rivals. The Dallas Cowboys. Playing in Washington. For the playoffs. The game was close most of this match. After a punt with a failed drive, Romo throws a INT to Rob Jackson, a replacement for Orakpo. After that interception a couple plays later RGIII gets a roughing call from now Redskins, Hatcher. Morris drives in for a TD and the crowd reacts.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap2000000119795/Hail-to-the-Redskins[/video]

And as a bonus. Hall Punching Dez.

Those are my favorite moments that I have witness. What about you?

4 minutes... being there live and in person was one of the greatest experiences I've ever been lucky enough to witness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORshuy-MdTk

Troy Vincent made 1 play but it's a play I will never forget. At this game live as well and will NEVER forget that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grv8r4wQvhE

While this last one is just a single moment in an unforgettable season, and I was only 7 when it happened, I will never forget the surreal feeling I had while it unfolded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_bzRJVpinY

I'm in that video of 4 minutes. I was showing my son the video and he pauses it "dad, is that you?"

Yes..yes it is.

Honestly, too many to list. Been watching for 45 years.

But as far as actually being in attendance. Then yeah, the Art Monk Induction was indescribable.

If you weren't there, you can't possibly understand.

You meaning, everyone who wasn't there.

Yeah it was... a number of players (Charles Mann being the most vocal) came out afterwards and said that stunt really fired them up going into that game

That it is, Nick. I remember that loudmouth Glanville before the game talking to his guys. "are you scaredy? Is you scareded?" talking shit on OUR home turf!!!

Holyfield was there, too, and snuck off like a little girl when they were getting their asses handed to them.

Gerald Riggs...the ex Falcon scoring that TD...and that dance when he does...LOL!!!

for me, it truly started with this:

its the reason I wore 44 as a LB/FB all the way thru school.

if you're my age or around it and you scored a TD playing neighborhood football, you ALL did this

I almost walked out of a bar before the first TD. The bouncer and manager literally had to stop me and make me sit back down...I have NO idea why they did it, but after the first TD I looked at the bouncer and he gave me the "calm down" gesture....after the second TD he was right next to me "you're welcome"

I remember this live...my mother tried to get me to leave the room but she said by the look on my face it was too late

I have intentionally left Sean off...I couldn't post enough videos or have enough time to show the awesomeness that was 21. But, before that, my favorite guy lined up in the secondary was Alvin Walton...#40.

alvin walton INT of Simms - Video Dailymotion

There are so freaking many... I honestly feel a little upset at myself because I only included 3 but I tried to narrow it down. I didnt witness Riggo's run or Daryl Grant's INT so I left those off... and I was too young to honestly say I remember the moment Green broke the punt return against Chicago.

The miracle at midnight is one I unintentionally left off and that moment cemented Santana Moss as one of the all time great Redskins... for some reason more-so then it did Brunell. It's funny how Moss is remembered for that moment but not Brunell.

Honestly, Brunell was pretty much a shell of his former self by the time he got here. His deep ball was long gone and you can see he had to put everything he had in to those...lol

You're too young to remember DG vs Chicago?!! UGH!

Honestly, Brunell was pretty much a shell of his former self by the time he got here. His deep ball was long gone and you can see he had to put everything he had in to those...lol

You're too young to remember DG vs Chicago?!! UGH!

i was alive... but too young to honestly say I can remember watching it happen... 87' right?

I was there for BOTH Grant's INT and Riggo's run. I'd rate Grant's INT slightly ahead because it had a double meaning for me. It meant we'd beaten Dallas to win the NFC Championship AND I would be attending Super Bowl XVII. And watching those stands in RFK bounce was just surreal. Great times for a 24 year-old! :cheers:

I remember when I was a kid if you threw the ball and the spiral was wobbly your friends would all yell "KILMER!!"

I remember when I was a kid if you threw the ball and the spiral was wobbly your friends would all yell "KILMER!!"

I still say that to this day when I throw a wobbly one! Hardly a person knows what I am talking about.

I was 7 years old, just bummed because we were down by 10, and no team in the Super Bowl had ever come back from that..... Then the second quarter happened!! If was me, my dad, 2 uncles, and a couple of other people crammed in our tiny living room going crazy! One of my uncles had an air horn he was blasting outside, and my dad had this big ol bell he kept ringing. It is a moment I will never forget.

There are many others that have been shown here, but the ovation that Art Monk got going into the HOF unreal. I was supposed to go to that, but at that point I was at my lowest low I have ever been in my life. Monk is without a doubt my favorite player ever, I grew up watching and imitating his catches. I can say that is the one person I idolized growing up, 100% class act. Every time I watch that I tear up.......

And watching those stands in RFK bounce was just surreal.

I was there too. The build up in the whole area was awesome. I was at a bar with my cousin the night before the game. No sports bars at the time that I remember at least, but the whole area was energized. At some point a "WE WANT DALLAS" chant began, it was a new thing at the time, and everyone in the bar joined in. It was spontaneous and intense, not the forced re-run chant you hear now. What a blast! Great night, and then of course to follow it up with that game and the crowd at the stadium, it was an incredible weekend in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.