• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adam Schefter ESPN.com : Redskins to start McCoy over RG III

He's been a star his entire life, but now conditions require at least some degree of change. Not because anyone in the organization wants to see him fail, but because of his past injuries, his future career and our team's fortunes depend on it.

Last edited:
I read an interesting comment in a Yahoo Sports article that mentioned that everything in Griffin's pro career has happened too fast and too soon - it really stuck with me.

Robert Griffin became a star too soon.
He was handed the keys to the organization too soon.
He was brought back from major injury too soon.
Now that he's been benched, people are writing off his career too soon.

Ultimately, I think that this is Jay's way of hitting the reset button with Robert. He's recognized that before things spiral out of control for him as a professional quarterback, it's time to hit the brakes hard and re-evaluate. In many regards, it's comparable to the careers of guys like Cris Carter, who I recall mentioning that the best thing that ever happened to him was when Buddy Ryan cut him. It was a major wake up call for Carter who went on to achieve enormous success. There are numerous other examples of guys who have played around the league that you can cite as similar examples.

Personally, I don't think he has a large window of time to get his train back on the tracks. I think franchises might be willing to give him another year or two at most to show that he belongs and that he can get things together. The beauty in the whole situation (if you want to call it that) is that we still have his rights for another year. Beyond that, if things aren't right with Griffin, you'll see him bouncing around as a back-up and won't have to worry about him coming back to haunt us.

He'll ultimately decide what he wants to make of himself and what he wants his career to be remembered for going forward while still in our colours. :)

He's been a star his entire life, but now conditions require at least some degree of change. Not because anyone in the organization wants to see him fail, but because of his past injuries, his future career and our team's fortunes depend on it.

Yep, as mentioned elsewhere, he has to admit to himself he's a regular guy.

I think in all of our lives, despite whatever success, there have been moments that we realize that we're not 'all that' and additional work needs to be done to improve.

Griff has reached that moment.

Trent dilfer giving qb advice...we've reached a new low on quotes now.

McD, I know Gruden is your guy, but are you able to admit that under his tutelage Griffin has regressed?

Whoa, remember that Grif went down in game one. Gruden continued installing his offense, more plays etc. Grif due to rehab, virtually was left out of the learning curve on Gruden's playbook. When he came back in games later, he not only was way rusty, but he did not know the plays, or at least played like he didn't know where the ball was supposed to go. In hindsight, no wonder he has played so poorly and the experts claimed he did not put the work in.

Griffin is not done with the Redkins imho, but he has much to learn and much to work on. Gruden is not the kind of coach that wants the QB to learn "on the job" under center. Gruden's expectations are higher, and should be. He wants a QB ready to play once the game starts.

And mnf is on at 5pm. Even over times games are over before bed time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.