• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Morris' mindset, Griff needs to do the same.

tr1 said:
Yeah, I guess RG3 needs to forget that he could get killed on any play because his o-line is so awful.

Stop thinking about that Robert!

Good point but.....

I see claims all over this place how Colt and Kirk can handle our O line problems better. How do they do it?

Pocket presence gets thrown around a lot too, is it an acquired skill that takes time or is it some mysterious innate trait that only a few have?

Griff has made progress with his slide, I saw him actually 'juke' a defender or two last game (not great but still there), maneuvering in a semi non existent pocket is on-going.

My understanding is that Griff was never asked to or needed to do many of these things until entering the NFL, the other guys are way ahead on these particular attributes.

Griff not only has to get comfy with a new basic skill set at the highest level with the expectation of 'elite' performance under a new system/head coach but also, again as many claim, doing so under the auspices of a dysfunctional organization.

He's also winless against NFL opponents

That's true. And I guess it's mathematically possible that he could do as poorly as 3-17. I guess anything's possible.

I do know we'd absolutely pray for the Eagles or Giants to play a QB with a 3-17 record.

Heck, a lot of people have prayed for Dallas to keep Jerrah and Romo when they finish 8-8.

3-17? We'd be laughing our asses off.

Did Aikman have his knee destroyed twice, a dislocated ankle, two concussions and couldn't read basic defensive coverages?

Didn't think so.

I know it's painful tr1. Everyone wanted RG3 to work out so we could use all of our draft picks on other positions of need. We have a lot of holes to fill.

You'll come to accept it in another few weeks and then feel better about moving forward with our next QB.

actually, nah. I am going to sit this out now.

As unimpressed as you are with Robert, I'm just as unimpressed with Gruden.

If Gruden is 2-6 at mid-season next year, will you be okay with that?

I've seen RG3 win in the NFL...and go to the playoffs.

Haven't seen even a whisper to that portend under Gruden.

I'll be pissed if we are 2-6 next season. I'll be especially pissed if it's because the FO wants us to stick with RG3 without dramatic signs of improvement. Much like you are pissed about Haslett right now, in what we both agree may have had to do more with money than with performance or upside.

You've seen RG3 go to the playoffs once, and then suffer more injuries.

You've seen Gruden go to the NFL playoffs 3 times.

You've seen the team coach by Marvin Lewis go three times. That's who went.

Jameis is 26-0 in his last 26:)

Ohh so that's your new guy huh? I didn't know Jameis was a football team. You pin all the losses on Griffin, what about your precious Gruden, what is his record as a HC? How many QB's has he gone through already? Sounds to me like instead of Griffin being a coach killer, Gruden is a QB killer as a HC.

Ohh so that's your new guy huh? I didn't know Jameis was a football team. You pin all the losses on Griffin, what about your precious Gruden, what is his record as a HC? How many QB's has he gone through already? Sounds to me like instead of Griffin being a coach killer, Gruden is a QB killer as a HC.

I don't think that is accurate. We have seen a decline in Andy Dalton's performance over the course of this season...first season w/out Gruden.

Look, I am sure there is enough fault to go around. But here we are in the 2nd consecutive season with RG3 being hung out to dry by a coach...why? Shanahan is a dick, I know. Gruden has some learning to do to be effective as a head coach in the NFL, but 2 unsuccessful seasons and 2 different coaches and we're talking about the same thing.

As for Jameis Winston, you all can buy into the hype created by ESPN and the others haters all you want, the kid is no saint, but he's not nearly as bad as many want to believe.

Having said that, I would very...very upset with this organization, possibly even boycott them, if we wasted a high draft pick on Jameis Winston. Love him as the QB of my college team, but would definitely not want him as the QB of my beloved pro team.

You'll come to accept it in another few weeks and then feel better about moving forward with our next QB.

No, actually, I won't.

Your boy may win this battle but there's no guarantee he'll win the war. Call me when he takes us to the playoffs.

I don't think that is accurate. We have seen a decline in Andy Dalton's performance over the course of this season...first season w/out Gruden.

Look, I am sure there is enough fault to go around. But here we are in the 2nd consecutive season with RG3 being hung out to dry by a coach...why? Shanahan is a dick, I know. Gruden has some learning to do to be effective as a head coach in the NFL, but 2 unsuccessful seasons and 2 different coaches and we're talking about the same thing.

As for Jameis Winston, you all can buy into the hype created by ESPN and the others haters all you want, the kid is no saint, but he's not nearly as bad as many want to believe.

Having said that, I would very...very upset with this organization, possibly even boycott them, if we wasted a high draft pick on Jameis Winston. Love him as the QB of my college team, but would definitely not want him as the QB of my beloved pro team.

I said that because it is just as absurd as people saying Griffin is a Coach killer!

Good point but.....

I see claims all over this place how Colt and Kirk can handle our O line problems better. How do they do it?

The best explanation I've seen is that Cousins is not a mobile QB. Not having that escape ability, making reads fast is a basic survival skill in a pro style offense which he played in for 4 years. Robert having played in an option system, and running a huge part of his game, he never had to make fast reads, and could bolt if there was trouble. It makes a huge difference in pas pro, but the line is still the biggest issue the offense has. Even Cousins got killed behind that line. Hard to say about Colt... but given a few starts behind our line, and he'll get thrown to the curb too...

Hard to say about Colt... but given a few starts behind our line, and he'll get thrown to the curb too...
It seems we'll get a chance to see how Colt does if reports are true about his starting against the Colts.

Wonder how Morris' mindset is this week.

Feel for Griff, short term, but the kid needs to get his head straight. He's endured a major 'letdown'... SuperBob, savior of a team coached by a childhood 'hero', Heisman, ROY, "ELECTRIC!!"...carried us to post season first year (with Alf).... now he's just

It seems we'll get a chance to see how Colt does if reports are true about his starting against the Colts.

Wonder how Morris' mindset is this week.

Feel for Griff, short term, but the kid needs to get his head straight. He's endured a major 'letdown'... SuperBob, savior of a team coached by a childhood 'hero', Heisman, ROY, "ELECTRIC!!"...carried us to post season first year (with Alf).... now he's just

Ya, lets see how Colt fares, because Chip Kelly is likely salivating over the thought of getting a QB like Robert. Hey, it's wouldn't be the first mobile QB in Philly to drive the Skins crazy for a number of years.

What do the Eagles need Grif for ? They win just fine without him. And how soon you forget we took McNabb from them in one of the dumbest moves we've ever made. There's no point in living in fear of who gets our players after we are done with them. No one has said RGIII is has his ticket punched anywhere. Step back from the cliff, its a long way down.

Schefter doesn't think Griff is done, more of a 'reset' thing with future development in the works. Might even play again this season.

Some speculation by the locals is that Gruden doesn't want to even run a Griff type offense and may be done with him... dunno.
Some speculate that Griff doesn't want to run that type of offense either but is he even capable of running a pro style at all.

Think we'll see a QB competition in earnest from here on out, including next off and pre seasons.

How the hell can Griff come back from this? Gruden has just pantsed him in front of the whole league. He has destroyed any trade value whilst also destroying the confidence of the QB. Idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.