• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Gruden says the “clock’s ticking” on Griffin

that's a good answer.

I can live with the thought that we might have different prescriptions on how the situation should be fixed.

I think we probably all have the same prescription. Fix the damn organization. :) I really don't care if it's ground up with a whole new staff. I'd take Harbaugh in a second if we first hired a real GM and turned full operational control over to him and he made the change.

I had a friend reply to my prediction that Griffin would be an Eagle with his own prediction that we trade for Harbaugh this off season. It had never occurred to me but I gotta admit it made me pause.

PFT: Gruden says the “clock’s ticking” on Griffin

hindsight is 20/20...I recall around mid season 2012, I took a poll on this board about having the opportunity how many of us would trade back for the picks. I didn't word it well but as I recall very few people would have nixed the deal. It doesn't seem fair to wipe it all away and question it today.

I can't speak for others but my answer last year would have totally been predicated on the belief that Griffin was not physically healed in 2012 and I fully expected to see, if not the 'real Griffin' in 2013, at least someone approximating him. I saw flashes of that guy at the start of this season. But since the ankle injury he has looked like a guy with a damaged, maybe mortally wounded psyche. I don't know how you rehab that...

so, NOW the "sources" are telling Schefter that Griffin will most likely be starting again THIS season.

Why would you bench a guy, tell him he isn't playing well enough, just to bring him back? Shouldn't you consider that he needs playing time and let him try to play thru the slump? This seems like he is just feeding him to the wolves especially considering the last 2 weeks of the season are divisional rivals.

Actually this poll was taken midway through his rookie season. I'm just unable to find it
I can't speak for others but my answer last year would have totally been predicated on the belief that Griffin was not physically healed in 2012 and I fully expected to see, if not the 'real Griffin' in 2013, at least someone approximating him. I saw flashes of that guy at the start of this season. But since the ankle injury he has looked like a guy with a damaged, maybe mortally wounded psyche. I don't know how you rehab that...

so, NOW the "sources" are telling Schefter that Griffin will most likely be starting again THIS season.

Why would you bench a guy, tell him he isn't playing well enough, just to bring him back? Shouldn't you consider that he needs playing time and let him try to play thru the slump? This seems like he is just feeding him to the wolves especially considering the last 2 weeks of the season are divisional rivals.

I agree. I don't trust any of these rumors, I don't care if they are coming from Shefter or someone else. If you read Gruden's response to the question about Griffin starting again, he answers and uses the word 'backup' 3 times in his one paragraph response. That tells you all you need to know. Short of injury, no way we see Griffin starting again this year imho.

Or it's just another piece of media story fabrication. We dont know what's going on up there. Gruden came out and said in his presser a few weeks ago that he's not done with Griffin... at this point that's all i can hang my hat on because i've actually heard him say it. Reid's article yesterday had zero quotes to it, it was strictly Reid's opinion..

Or it's just another piece of media story fabrication. We dont know what's going on up there. Gruden came out and said in his presser a few weeks ago that he's not done with Griffin... at this point that's all i can hang my hat on because i've actually heard him say it. Reid's article yesterday had zero quotes to it, it was strictly Reid's opinion..

Gruden also said on a Monday that Griffin was his starter and Schefter broke that he was benched...then we all remember that Wednesday.

I am not saying it is true one way or the other...but the circus is back in full swing whether we like it or not. And the man running the show is Jay Gruden.

Reid might not have had a real source, but the picture he's painting appears to line up with the situation better than the 'Griffin will start again this year' stuff. Read Gruden's quotes from today's presser. He is done with Griffin - that's the tone I'm hearing.

Gruden is done with RG3 but according to other sources RG3 could be the starter in the near future...

Sounds to me like somebody is talking to Snyder. Either Snyder is telling the story to the media, which i doubt, or RG3 or even RG2 have been talking to Snyder then talking to the media.

I guess we will know for sure if Gruden is fired in the next few weeks.

Reid might not have had a real source, but the picture he's painting appears to line up with the situation better than the 'Griffin will start again this year' stuff. Read Gruden's quotes from today's presser. He is done with Griffin - that's the tone I'm hearing.

Not discounting that at all, but we've all been persuaded by media. They report what's going to get the most shares on twitter. Reid also isn't exactly embraced by a good number of people on this board because his past shenanigans and exaggerations trying to get viewership. I read his quotes and, yes I agree, that the feel of the presser is that Griffin is securely slotted as the backup... I feel like Gruden made similar comments about one of the other guys earlier in the season.

My overall point was that we've had a swirling whirlwind of media speculation driving a lot of other media outlets in action that I can only describe as a flock of birds flying around. 1 bird turns left, they all follow, then it turns right... the pack follows. All the moving around and an hour later the birds haven't made any true move in any direction.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

I mean Reid - just because he's guessing (assuming he really doesn't have an insider source) doesn't mean he's not basically correct.

He is? He threw a pick in the end zone against the Cowbums and then almost threw the same pick AGAIN last week that Roberts had to block. Then he DID throw a pick but it was called back due to a defensive hold. But Garcon was trying to go deep and McCoy was throwing behind him.

He is also hesitating just like Griffin, dumping it off just like Griffin does as well.

Yeah McCoy wasn't perfect by any means, but he was a hell of a lot better than RG3, and the stats, film, and eye test during the game all back that up.

I mean Reid - just because he's guessing (assuming he really doesn't have an insider source) doesn't mean he's not basically correct.

Is that a double or triple negative?

And yes he could be correct, since some of us thought this latest benching was a give up. Time will tell.

Oh, and I thought about this also. Coaches can change their mind on how they feel about a player. If any of you have watched the America's Game on the 1987 Redskins, there is a story about the beginning about Gibbs wanting to trade Doug Williams to the Raiders. He told Doug he was traded. Then as he was getting ready to go, Joe called him back into his office and told him he changed his mind. Williams was incredulous about it, since he wanted to go play. But Gibbs had a feeling Williams would help them win, and boy was he right.

The point is, coaches can feel that a QB is not right for them, then change their mind and realize they are. It usually happens the other way, where a coach loves a player then feels negative about him or feels he isn't their guy. But we have seen in this town the opposite happen to great success.

Last edited:
Is that a double or triple negative?

And yes he could be correct, since some of us thought this latest benching was a give up. Time will tell.

Oh, and I thought about this also. Coaches can change their mind on how they feel about a player. If any of you have watched the America's Game on the 1987 Redskins, there is a story about the beginning about Gibbs wanting to trade Doug Williams to the Raiders. He told Doug he was traded. Then as he was getting ready to go, Joe called him back into his office and told him he changed his mind. Williams was incredulous about it, since he wanted to go play. But Gibbs had a feeling Williams would help them win, and boy was he right.

The point is, coaches can feel that a QB is not right for them, then change their mind and realize they are. It usually happens the other way, where a coach loves a player then feels negative about him or feels he isn't their guy. But we have seen in this town the opposite happen to great success.

were I griffin...I'd ask to be released at the end of the season. what do the Skins have to lose? Griffin has little to no trade value. let him go and sign with the Boys or Iggles and become their problem.

Yeah McCoy wasn't perfect by any means, but he was a hell of a lot better than RG3, and the stats, film, and eye test during the game all back that up.

he was...but then again.....he accomplished crap when the defense actually created opportunities before falling apart. that sort of comparison is rather like noting that cyanide kills you a lot faster than aids. in the end...neither option has a favorable outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.