• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2014 Week 12 Redskins @ 49ers

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Nobody

I hate teams with numbers in their name. The 49ers, the 76ers, it

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way for Robert to silence his detractors...including myself...is to go out and perform completely opposite of the game against the 49ers last year. A solid performance, or a miraculous win, would do just that.

HTTR! Go Robert...leave RG3 in 2012.

lmao!!!

short...but what else is there to say? well written not bashing, btw. it is what it is.

good job Nobody!

When I got the assignment a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea what I was gonna write. What was there to write that would make any sense? There wasn't, so I decided to have fun instead of ranting or making a wild prediction that only homers like myself can do. I'm glad you all enjoyed it, let's just hope the massacre leaves us as the ones with blood on our hands this time.

My prediction:

1) San Fran wins the game 27-13
- they have a physical defense designed to stop the run
- their defense is among top 5
- our offense is obviously sputtering

2) Offense
- we try to run but give up early; it's smart for San Fran to force the matter early by crowding the line and daring us to pass
- the receivers continue to get open
- RGIII is more consistent last week; we have nothing to lose and go for some deep balls
- RG still gets picked a couple times
- we move the ball better, but nevertheless cannot mount a consistent rhythm; still have problems converting on third down; still have questionable playcalls
- the o-line continues to struggle with passpro though it gets its act together enough to manage the short game

3) Defense
- our defense has played one game of 4 good quarters the entire year; this defense is poorly coached, lacks the right talent, continues to be a problem; poor field position or not...it's a bad defense
- the d-line does not mount consistent pressure and it has done a poor job with running QBs thus far
- multiple teams at critical moments have been able to rip sizable yardage running off the shoulder of the OLBs; expect the same from SF
- Kerrigan and Robinson (and Breeland for substantial stretches) will play well but disappear as the defense is ground down due to offense short-comings and the defense's general lack of talent/coordination
- the d-line will continue to surrender yardage in key situations
- Murphy, at least for me, will continue to be a disappointment; that's a discussion for another day
- the down linemen can't stay healthy and are continually blown off the ball
- we'll see if SF attempts to exploit the short passing game with TEs and RBs; we have done adequately at times and then been flat for long stretches of the opponent gobbling 5 to 8 yard gains
- expect SF to attempt 2-3 deep balls (I would) to simply exploit poor secondary communications; why not? everyone else has.

so...the things to look for (i.e., forget about the score)

- does RG show more leadership
- does RG improve the speed of decision-making; does he get at the very least more production from the short passing game
- does RG demonstrate better mechanics
- does RG demonstrate NFL caliber skills against an upper tier team
- can an o-line built for the running game muster something of a push against the SF d-line
- can the d-line put some pressure on Kapernick
- can we throttle the big running plays off the OLBs at critical moments
- can we play better defense in the red zone...especially against the pass
- can the defense keep from totally collapsing in the second half
- is Hazlett up to the challenge of dueling w/the SF OC....or does he get outsmarted...again
- does Gruden stay conservative or does he call a more creative game and live with the results

Last edited by a moderator:
Add one to your list Fan.

Does RGIII survive this game without injury? I would put that question first.

Well done! It is challenging to create anything resembling a positive spin on things. This is historically bad...kind of like the Dallas Cowboys last season. Is there a way to talk ourselves off the ledge if we believe what we are seeing? We aren't that bad! No team is that bad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.