• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMBQ: Diagnosing What Ails RG3

Miles, there has never been a single QB that has ever had NFL success from the college conference he came from. Not one.

It's no big secret that dozens of QBs have big numbers from that conference and then never make it past a season in the NFL.

They don't run pro-style offenses.

I swear if God himself came down and pointed out the obvious problems on this team some would still dismiss it.

Our coach just told you how badly he's playing. Cooley, QB scouts, pundits and many others. But everyone's wrong. It's a huge conspiracy worldwide.

Miles, there has never been a single QB that has ever had NFL success from the college conference he came from. Not one.

It's no big secret that dozens of QBs have big numbers from that conference and then never make it past a season in the NFL.

They don't run pro-style offenses.

again....nonsense. not about the conference...but the assumption that there is a fixed pro style offense. look across the league: not only have offensive schemes changed over time....not only do they vary widely among teams....but there have been a whole array of QBs with wildly differing styles....and passing hitches...who have been quite successful.

Griffin is broken right now. thank you Mike Shanahan and Washington Redskins for another superb job with a QB prospect.

I swear if God himself came down and pointed out the obvious problems on this team some would still dismiss it.

Our coach just told you how badly he's playing. Cooley, QB scouts, pundits and many others. But everyone's wrong. It's a huge conspiracy worldwide.

screw the coach - he is part of the problem AND YOU DON'T GET THAT.

if this has to be a free for all...then let's throw all the miscreants overboard.

the coaching staff is gut rot. the HC was too cowardly to stand tall and hire his own staff - the tone was set from that point forward.

the locker room is busy covering its collective rear quarters.

the o-line can't pass pro.

the QB can't read plays and be decisive.

the receivers are a group of prima donnas.

the d-line creates little to no pressure other than Kerrigan; hence, the higher risk blitzing strategy.

the team can't stop other teams on crucial third downs and can't move the ball in similar situations.

the kicker can't put the ball in the end zone consistently.

the ST can't block worth a crap for the punt returner.

one TE can't stay healthy...the other two make bonehead plays a speciality.

the LBs can't cover anyone in space.

the secondary can't communicate basic handoffs.

very few praises to hand out for actual consist good play: the punter, Kerrigan and Robinson.

the GM can't find talent.

the owner can't build a winning team if his life depended upon it.

the fans are ALWAYS looking for chum in the water.

hope we beat the 9ers. :05.18-flustered:

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean the same coach you swore was going to take us to the Super Bowl?

Let's be honest here...your opinion is just like ours. But you say we're biased and you are being realistic. But the stats and examples you use (conference) don't matter the least bit in reality.

our amateurish coaching staff can't correct any problems ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL WHETHER ROBERT IS IN THE GAME OR NOT.

This is what blows my mind. No matter who is in the game, no matter if we are talking offense or defense, the same mistakes are made over and over. Are coaches not coaching? Are they not working with RG3 to correct these issues? When Cousins was in, could they not work with him to see the field even after the snap? Can they not teach linebackers how to cover in a zone and not just stand there with their feet in stone covering no one? The list goes on. But this is the job of the coach. To work with your players and get the best out of them. I've yet to see anyone point out anything that can't be corrected with RG3. So what are the coaches doing about it?

On Griffin III’s performance:“Just from Robert’s perspective – you take everybody else out of the picture – Robert had some fundamental flaws. He did. His footwork was below average. He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three on a couple of occasions. That can’t happen. He stepped up when he didn’t have to step up, stepped into pressure, he read the wrong side of the field a couple of times. So, from his basic performance just critiquing Robert, it was not even close to being good enough to what we expect from that quarterback position.”

I guess he's a "hater" or should start writing for the Post? He just told us the challenges he's encountering learning how to be a pocket passer.

Everyone's frustrated. Being a top QB in this league has to be one of the hardest things to do in the entire world. It's why there are so few out of hundreds that even get a shot.

Taking an incredible athlete and teaching him on the fly would be an tremendous achievement.

This is what blows my mind. No matter who is in the game, no matter if we are talking offense or defense, the same mistakes are made over and over. Are coaches not coaching? Are they not working with RG3 to correct these issues? When Cousins was win, could they not work with him to see the field even after the snap? Can they not teach linebackers how to cover in a zone and not just stand there with their feet in stone covering no one? The list goes on. But this is the job of the coach. To work with your players and get the best out of them. I've yet to see anyone point out anything that can't be corrected with RG3. So what are the coaches doing about it?

good question.

I have another one: is Robert another beat up lost cause in a long line of similar Redskin QBs?

You know what's frustrating to me? All of you geniuses and experts who have it ALL figured out.

good question.

I have another one: is Robert another beat up lost cause in a long line of similar Redskin QBs?

Well, there are plenty of people who are fully invested in that opinion. It's something that needs to play out, but I am afraid it will never play out.

One game isn't his whole career!

I remember him hitting Robinson on the deep move plenty of times.

I remember his first 3 or 4 games of over 400 yards throwing.

But, of course, that doesn't matter when it's about how he sucks. Unbiased, of course.

He also led us to a divisional title and a home playoff game.

He also set many records.

He's also brought a legit arm back to dc.

But don't let that interrupt a good story.

No - the Washington Redskins are 0-8 in Roberts last 8 starts.

I've yet to see anyone point out anything that can't be corrected with RG3. So what are the coaches doing about it?

Taking a guess, here's the best analogy I can think of.

Imagine that you've played piano most of your life in a band. A rock band. Billy Joel, keyboards or whatever and you're pretty good.

Then you have to learn classical piano. You've never learned classical piano. Not only that, but you're about to perform classical piano against the top pianists in the country. People who are the very best at classical piano.

That's not easy. And that would take a very, very long time.

I believe that's where we are at. This is going to take an incredible amount of patience, a ton of studying and a little bit of luck. A band of amazing musicians around him would also help for those occasions when he doesn't hit a world class note.

Robert is 0-8 over his last 8 games

His development is only one of many problems on this team. It's not fair to put it all on him.

In a strange way, he's now becoming my favorite player on the entire team. I admire what he's trying to do.

I don't believe Shanny did him any favors by delaying his development another year and by risking his knee.

I'm now of the opinion that we have to be patient with him. I think we owe him that much.

So, why hasn't Gruden benched him?

We have to play him, don't we? I mean at least another few weeks to see what we have.

Draft, trade, extend? How can we possibly know that without playing him?

That's tough to say tr1.

For the sake of argument, let's say that RG3 is having a very difficult time reading the secondary as many people have said.

By default, that would make the "Desean you run fast as hell and Robert you air it out play" a pretty good call for many reasons. It's easy, keeps the D honest, helps the running game etc....

Kyle adapted his offense to what Robert did in college, that's very true. But didn't it stunt his development by another few years as a pocket passer? And did it shorten his career?

I'm not so sure that was smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.