• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Quotes Redskins vs. Bucs: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
November 16, 2014
FedExField

Quarterback Robert Griffin III

On being sacked multiple times:
“All the sacks are on me, period. We are 3-7. Everyone in this room knows that and everyone in the locker room knows that. We can’t do what 3-7 teams normally do. We can’t throw knives and stab each other in the back. We have good people in our locker room – men of God who are going to stick together and stay strong. When I say, 'All the sacks on are me,’ I’m saying I can do better and I have to do better. I need every man in that locker room, player and coach, to look themselves in the mirror and say, 'What can I do better?’ If one of my offensive lineman were up here or a back or a receiver and you asked them that question, I would expect them to do the same. [We have to] take responsibility for it and try to find a way to get it [the ball] out, try to find a way to change the protection and a way to pick it up. Even if everyone in here and everyone watching says there is no way he could have done that, you try to find a way. I will be the first to say I could have done better, a lot better.”

On if the team looked past the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because of their 1-8 record:
“It was a travesty out there today. We didn’t play well. I didn’t see the field as well as I would have liked to. We have turnovers and interceptions. We had false start penalties and holding penalties. It was just bad ball out there today. It is not that we looked past Tampa Bay because we can’t afford to look past anyone. We are not a very good football team right now and [we] have a long way to go. Every guy has to look himself in the mirror and say that. You can’t sit in your locker or on the field and say, 'It is not my fault because I’m a baller, I’m a Pro Bowl player.’ Right now, we have no Pro Bowl players. We aren’t playing that way. I am not playing that way, our receivers aren’t playing that way, our backs aren’t playing that way, our defense isn’t playing that way, our special teams aren’t playing that way and we all know that. Coach [Jay Gruden] has reiterated that to us many times and guys have to accept that. We have a long way to go and accept that we have to get better in practice, walkthroughs and [through watching] film. You have to do more and you have to get better.”

On his overall play:
“I am not going to sit up here and make excuses. I haven’t watched the film yet but I know there are some plays that I would like to have back – of course the interceptions, and there are a couple of plays that come to mind where I feel like I could have been more aggressive. Those plays are in my head. They will stay in my head and when I see you next time, I still won’t tell you what those plays are. I promise you that I will get better. Hopefully, by me standing on the table and saying I need to get better, everyone else will do the same.”

On his struggles today in comparison to his rookie year:
“We were playing good, team ball. It takes 11 men. It doesn’t just take one guy and that is proven. If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Mannings, those guys don’t play well if their guys don’t play well. We need everybody. I need every single guy in that locker room and I know they are looking at me and saying the same thing. I’m going to be there for them, I promise that. I give it to them every day. I am not going to quit on them. I need them to do the same and I believe they will. What else am I supposed to believe in? I believe in my teammates. We will get it done.”

On the team’s record:
“I think it’s a fact of, you know, when you’re 3-6 and you feel like you could be 7-2, eventually you have to come back to earth and we have to realize that, yeah, we’re a play off here or there and the ball bouncing this way from being a better football team. But when you’re 3-7, you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and say, 'What can I do to get better?’ And guys do that every single day, but it’s just about taking the initiative to say, 'We’re not good right now.’ I’m not good. No one’s good. We have to be better and I think that’s tough. It’s tough for guys because we’re all optimistic. I’m a very optimistic guy and I don’t take that away, out of the way I am and the way I’m going to approach work every single day. But you have to say that and say, 'Look we’re 3-7, we’ve got to find any kind of way to get better and it’s got to translate over to the field.’”

On if he thinks about being replaced:
“I don’t look at it that way. I’m the guy. My job is to go out there and help us win and that’s the way I look at it. I don’t look at the media answers that Jay gives you guys. I know what’s going on in his head. I know that he believes in me and I know those guys in the locker room believe in me, so that’s all that matters for me.”

On why the momentum stopped after the touchdown right before halftime:
“Yeah, we did have momentum going into halftime and we came back out and played more bad ball, similar to the series before that two-minute drive. Yeah, I mean, I have to go back and watch the tape, but like I said, it was not good out there today at all.”

On if there is a point where the team will get angry and emotional:
“Oh no, we’ll get angry and we have to be. I’m emotional right now. I just… I know how much work we put in to go out there and to put that out on tape – to put that on the field and to, you know, to lay an egg in front of our own fans, that’s tough. No one’s going to feel sorry for us but it’s really frustrating because I’ve seen all the hours those guys in the locker room have put in. I know the hours that I’ve put in to be successful, to work hard and it’s not happening right now. But we’ll strap up our boots and realize that we’re 3-7. Hey, playoffs are out the door. We have got to find what we’re going to play for and I think we know what it is. It’s each other in the locker room and I think the guys will bond together and be ready to go. But it’s not like it’s easy. It’s not like I’m standing up here and, you know, just brushing all this by the wayside. It’s tough, very tough.”

Tackle Trent Williams

On his injury:
“MCL. I don’t really know the severity of it at this time. I have to get an MRI in the morning. I think someone fell into the back of my leg. I’m not sure. I didn’t see the replay.”

On if the injury hurt:
“Yeah, it did. I just wasn’t sure how bad it was. It felt bad, but you’re automatically scared it could be something serious. I was a little worried.”

On backup tackle Morgan Moses playing in his absence:
“I think Morgan did a great job. Obviously, we have to watch film and go over it, but to be thrown into the fire like that with really no warning, I think he responded well. He’s a great player. I’m not worried about him at all.”

Tackle Morgan Moses

On his confidence in filling in for injured left tackle Trent Williams:
“Well, that’s the thing. You’ve just got to go in everyday – this week coming up – and prepare like you’re that starter, learn different defensive schemes and the things they do well. That’s the thing you’ve got to do whether he is [starting or not], even if he’s on the [field] this week or not.”

On his performance:
“I feel like I played well just getting out there, just kind of getting my feet wet. It also channels back into earlier in the week from practice reps – the plays, looking at the defensive scheme and studying the guys that you know when you’re out there. [If you do that] you won’t miss a beat.”

Running Back Alfred Morris

On the loss:
“We still have something to play for – nothing but pride. The team has to stick together.”

On the offensive line:
“They’re fine. They’re smart… We always try to find ways to get better, and you want that in a guy, especially if they’re going to help you and help the team. I think they’re fine.”

On the fans booing the team:
“I don’t know. Who knows what they were booing for, honestly. Garbage in, garbage out. We don’t pay attention to it. We come out here to play whether there’s no one in the stands or thousands in the stands.”

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland

On the matchup against the big receivers of the Buccaneers:
“I mean, when you play that physical style, you win some, you lose some. That’s what happened tonight.”

On if he understood that coming into today’s game:
“Yeah, I knew it was going to be a battle. They have two big receivers, two physical receivers. They’re good. They’re in the NFL just like we are, so we’ve got to battle.”

On how to bounce back after this loss:
“I mean, we just prepare the way we have been preparing, just add more intensity, more focus. Things like that.”

On if the team was prepared for today’s game:
“Yeah, we were prepared. We just ended up on the wrong end of the stick.”

On if it’s more frustrating to not come out the way he wanted after the bye week:
“I mean, you don’t want to come out flat after a bye week. That’s what everybody does after a bye week. Some teams come out flat after the bye week, but that’s not what we wanted to come out here and do. We wanted to come out here and compete and get this win, but things didn’t happen that way.”

Cornerback David Amerson

On if there was anything he felt he could have done better as an individual:
“Oh yeah, definitely. When the ball comes my way, I always want to make a play. What didn’t happen? I didn’t have a pick-six or anything like that, so I mean, it is definitely some things I could have did to try to impact the game more. Like I said, I’ve got to look in the mirror and get better at that. But like I said, they got the best of us today.”

On if there is anything the secondary can do this week to correct those mistakes:
“I don’t think we broke down. People can say what they want. I don’t think there was any breakdown. I think we always brought us back. We always will stick together. And like I said, they made some big plays, caught us slacking on a couple plays. All you need, [all] it takes is one or two plays, then all of a sudden it’s, 'Aw, the secondary is breaking down, or this, this, or that.’ You know, you’ve just got to know that you have to stick together and come back out – San Francisco is a very good football team – and just go at it again. Go out there and compete and try to put on a show and hopefully win our fans back.”

On if he believes Buccaneers wide receivers Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson are good football players:
“Definitely – definitely good football players. I mean, we knew that coming into the game. Like I said, they did make some good plays and had some favorable matchups and things like that. So it just all comes down to us executing and they out-executed us.”

Coach always said....."you play like you practice". Well, we must stink it up in practice. If I were Gruden I would max out the practice with pads hitting the whole nine yards. Not to see who wants to stick and be a Redskin. We must stink in practice, and only in practice will you be able to improve. You never improve on the field, especially by running new plays, and inserting new players. That doesn't cut it. Run the damn play over and over and over until its perfect and automatic. At this point, the coaches have expected way too much out of the players, never too late for tough love.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.